ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Madison Square Garden, NYC - January 18, 2006
© Sweet Virginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: keiths amp on live at the max Return to archive
January 12th, 2006 02:17 PM
headshrinker does anyone know what amp keith used for "its only rock n roll" and "sympathy for the devil" on this dvd? it sounds unbelievable!!!
January 12th, 2006 02:24 PM
Saint Sway which amp?

the one he played at the show?

or the one he overdubbed for the film with?
January 13th, 2006 01:14 PM
headshrinker
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
which amp?

the one he played at the show?

or the one he overdubbed for the film with?

haha, the one thats played for the solos in the songs mentioned.
January 13th, 2006 02:43 PM
headshrinker bump
January 13th, 2006 05:06 PM
Mathijs In 1990 he used his '57 Twin for rhythm, and a Marshall '68 Plexi for lead. Actually the only time the Stones used Marshalls.

Mathijs
January 13th, 2006 08:44 PM
sammy davis jr. In 1990 he used his '57 Twin for rhythm, and a Marshall '68 Plexi for lead. Actually the only time the Stones used Marshalls.

Mathijs

No wonder it sounded so good! Fender's sound best for rythymn- Marshall for lead.
January 13th, 2006 09:00 PM
speedfreakjive What about VOX & ORANGE? are they any good?
January 14th, 2006 03:37 AM
rough-justice I havent had a look at the film but im sure mesa boogie Heads have been in the stones line up for sometime now.
Like any guitarists knows its mostly in the fingers not the instrument or amp ,and keef & woody's fingers have been on that fret boardn alotta years.

But then again the sound they got live in 76 is to die for
they should bring out those ol monsters again!
January 14th, 2006 07:18 AM
Mathijs Wood used Boogie heads (Mark III Coloseum) in 1990, but not Keith. In 1989 Keith used a Soldano for lead, Twin for rythm, and in 1990 he used the plexi instead of the soldano. He did experiment with various heads for lead sounds, even going back to the old Boogie Mark I in 1993, but in 1994 he choose to only use the Twin.

Mathijs
January 14th, 2006 10:09 AM
deuce I was watching the Atlantic City '89 gig the other day and you can easily see some Marshall heads...
January 14th, 2006 11:04 AM
yellerstang Ah yes, 1976. The Ampegs!! Make that 1969-1978.

BTW, Keith used a Boogie head on the '81 tour. You can clearly see the wood head in the documentary "Let's Spend the Night Together."
January 14th, 2006 04:31 PM
Stray Cat UK Could it also be the guitar sound - He used a Musicman on those numbers I believe ?
January 14th, 2006 10:00 PM
CraigP Marshalls and Keith should have never parted...
January 16th, 2006 06:18 AM
corgi37 Ronnie and Keith used those plexi glass looking guitars in 89-90 as well, which sent shivers down and up my spine. What were they? Looked disgusting.

At the Max is maybe the most pitiful thing i have seen. The staged shots are just humilitating. That tour is best captured for me by the Barcelona show. Man, the crowd went nuts! Pity about all the stage scaffolding though.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)