ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Madison Square Garden, NYC - January 18, 2006
© Sweet Virginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Omaha Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 12th, 2006 10:04 AM
blackandblue 17 days to go....
January 12th, 2006 10:07 AM
glencar Yes, 17 days to the most beautiful arena on the tour. Shame about the city though...
January 12th, 2006 10:16 AM
glencar About 25 years ago, Ron Stallworth was asked to lead the Ku Klux Klan chapter in Colorado Springs.
Brian Nicholson, Deseret Morning News
Ron Stallworth carries his KKK membership card as a memento.
Problem was, the outgoing Klan leader didn't know that Stallworth is black.
"He asked me to take over the lead because I was a good, loyal Klansman," said Stallworth, who had been in constant phone contact with the Klan leader while leading a yearlong Colorado Springs police investigation into the Klan.
Stallworth later moved to Utah, where he recently retired after nearly 20 years as an investigator for the Utah Department of Public Safety. He says he's amazed that no one ever caught on to the investigation he led starting in 1979. After he was offered Klan leadership, he quietly disappeared.
As a memento Stallworth still carries his Klan membership card — signed by David Duke.
"It was one of the most fun" investigations, he said. "Everybody said it couldn't be done."
Stallworth communicated with Klan leaders using the telephone. A white officer posing as Stallworth went to the meetings.
"The challenge for me was to maintain the conversation flow," Stallworth said. At the same time, Stallworth also led an undercover investigation into the Progressive Labor Party, a communist group that protested at Klan rallies.
Stallworth, of Layton, worked 30 years in law enforcement in four states. Stallworth's undercover experience and research led him to become a nationally known expert on gang culture.
He calls the Klan investigation "one of the most significant investigations I was ever involved in because of the scope and the magnitude of how it unfolded."
The investigation revealed that Klan members were in the military, including two at NORAD who controlled the triggers for nuclear weapons.
"I was told they were being reassigned to somewhere like the North Pole or Greenland," Stallworth said.
The Klan investigation isn't the only time Stallworth has been mistaken for a white guy.
He's been contacted by academics about his "scholarly research" on gangs. One such academic "said he was so impressed that a white Mormon in Utah could write such an impressive work on black gang culture."
Stallworth said he laughed and explained that not only is he not white or Mormon, he started his college career in 1971 and remains about 2 1/2 years shy of his bachelor's degree.
Stallworth started to work on gang activity for the Utah Department of Public Safety in the late 1980s. He wrote a report that led to the formation of Utah's first gang task force — the Gang Narcotics Intelligence Unit that involved the Utah Division of Investigation and the Salt Lake City Police Department.
"Based on what was going on at the time, I knew about the L.A. gang problem," he said. Utah gang suspects were "telling us they were Crips from California."
Stallworth said of his work in Utah, it's his investigation of gangs that he's most proud of.
"It's had a lasting impact, first and foremost, on law enforcement," he said.
Wes McBride, president of the California Gang Investigators Association and retired from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, said about 15 years ago he "heard about this guy in Salt Lake who was becoming an expert" in gangsta rap music. So, he invited Stallworth to speak on the topic. It was the first of a series of lectures Stallworth gave on street-gang culture.
"I don't know that any of us ever listened to it," McBride said. "Where he was instrumental with us was pointing out to listen to the words, to listen to what these gangsters were saying."
The two both testified in a 1993 homicide in which a Texas state trooper was killed by a 19-year-old gang member, McBride said. Stallworth was the expert witness on the connection between gangsta rap and gang culture in the case, McBride recalled.
Leticia Medina, executive director of Utah Issues, said she started working with Stallworth on gangs in the late 1980s, when the first Metro Gang Unit was under development. She was a youth corrections provider at the time.
"He was very interested in what my perspectives were," she said. "I learned from him as much as I hope he learned from me.
"Law enforcement is not something that I grew up trusting. I had an opportunity to deal with a cop and see his world," she said.
At the time, Medina said, law enforcement wasn't involved in the community.
"They started the Metro Gang Unit, and everyone knew who the gang unit was," she said. "One key that Ron worked on was getting to know the community and community leaders. . . . Law enforcement needed to be trained in cultural competence and gang culture."
Stallworth has self-published four books on gang culture and has testified before Congress on gangs and violence. He also served as the state's first gang-intelligence coordinator.
In 1994, he was selected by the U.S. Justice Department's National Drug Intelligence Center to participate in a national street-gang symposium, the results of which were presented to the U.S. attorney general.
Now that he's retired, Stallworth plans to remain active, politically and otherwise.
Stallworth is chairman of the Black Advisory Council and serves on Layton's Parks and Recreation Commission and Planning Commission.
He also was one of several applicants for a vacant City Council seat in Layton. Stallworth didn't get the seat but says he plans to run for City Council.
He coaches a youth track team for 9-to-14-year-old boys and girls, and would like to volunteer for the Huntsman Cancer Center, which cared for his wife, Micki, before her death.
Stallworth is also going back to school. He wants to complete a bachelor's degree in criminal justice administration at Columbia College.
Medina said she wouldn't be surprised if Stallworth continues to speak up on issues close to him.
"Now that he's retired, watch out," Medina said. "He is very committed to all these communities. He is also very committed to the career he chose as a law-enforcement officer. . . . People need to take the time to really listen to him."

January 12th, 2006 10:18 AM
Joey
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
17 days to go....

Come to Joey ........................

J. " Snuggles " Fly !

www.omahameca.com

[ Edited by Snuggles ]

[Edited by Joey]
January 12th, 2006 10:18 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, 17 days to the most beautiful arena on the tour.

I would like to caress your kneecaps
January 12th, 2006 10:29 AM
glencar Oops! You forgot about the rest of my post! Sniggles...
January 12th, 2006 10:34 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Oops! You forgot about the rest of my post! Sniggles...

That is SNUGGLES !!!!!

May the Ghost of Ted Knight steal all your Dope Tonight !

January 12th, 2006 10:35 AM
glencar Ted Knight! Now THAT was a funny man. I hear he was from Iowa of all places!
January 12th, 2006 10:37 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Ted Knight! Now THAT was a funny man. I hear he was from Iowa of all places!

Damn Straight My Long Island Train taking pal

|
|
|
V

January 12th, 2006 10:39 AM
glencar Nope. I searched & he was born in Terryville CT. He was "Konopka" when first born...
January 12th, 2006 10:40 AM
glencar Think he ever "did" Mary Tyler Moore?
January 12th, 2006 11:03 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Think he ever "did" Mary Tyler Moore?

More like ...... JM J. Bullock

January 12th, 2006 11:08 AM
glencar No way. Ted was not into men.
January 12th, 2006 11:12 AM
Joey " No way. Ted was not into men."

January 12th, 2006 11:14 AM
glencar Point taken! I'm going to see the Who this year. Omaha?
January 12th, 2006 11:16 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Point taken! I'm going to see the Who this year. Omaha?

Nine !!!!

Our Arena is being expanded this summer in order to compete with Kansas City's new facility ( THE SPRINT CENTER ) .

THE QWEST is currently working with Bill Curbishley ( WHO MANAGER EXTRAORDINAIRE ) in order to close a deal in October .

Word

Sassy Cakes !

[ Edited by Ted Knight ]

[Edited by Joey]
January 12th, 2006 11:18 AM
glencar Let me know early enough & supply a car & female driver.
January 12th, 2006 11:19 AM
pdog I like Post Raisin Bran over Kelloggs...
Anyone?
January 12th, 2006 11:20 AM
glencar Me 2!
January 12th, 2006 11:29 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Let me know early enough & supply a car & female driver.

Done !

January 12th, 2006 11:30 AM
glencar YES!!
January 12th, 2006 03:17 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
YES!!

" The Qwest Center Omaha will have more room for fans at sporting events and concerts.

The board that oversees the arena approved a $3.37 million contract today with Hawkins Construction Co. of Omaha for adding 1,476 seats to the arena.

Preliminary work will start in the next several weeks, with major construction starting May 8. Completion is scheduled for Sept. 8.

Dana Dyksterhuis, spokeswoman for the arena, said the need for additional seating shows the interest the public has in basketball games and other events at the arena.

"It demonstrates what support we have in the community," she said.

The plan calls for the seats to be installed at the arena's north side upper bowl. People still will be able to congregate below the bowl and see the arena floor.

With the additional seats, the capacity reaches 18,235 for center-stage concerts; 17,860 for end-stage concerts; 16,375 for hockey games; and a little more than 17,500 for basketball.

The arena will be closed during the construction.

Metropolitan Entertainment and Convention Authority officials are discussing whether to build a temporary 8,000- capacity outdoor venue in one of the arena parking lots. That venue would serve as an alternative while the arena is closed.

The arena has to close during the construction primarily because of safety concerns.

But construction would cease for about 10 days in early June for the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus and the Women of Faith conference. Each of those events was contracted before the expansion plan.

Industry experts say summer is the best time for an arena to close for construction.

Though amphitheaters and other outdoor venues see strong business in the warmer months, indoor venues are at their busiest from September through March. "

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=1636&u_sid=2097496

January 12th, 2006 05:08 PM
pdog You should work for Cohl, you're promoting this show is exceptional!
Omaha is not a BUST!!!
January 12th, 2006 05:15 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
You should work for Cohl, you're promoting this show is exceptional!
Omaha is not a BUST!!!

I would like to nuzzle you .

You SHALL be greeted on the 29th .

Er , were you coming into Omaha on the 28th or the 29th ?!?!

Developing ............................

January 12th, 2006 05:18 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

I would like to nuzzle you .

You SHALL be greeted on the 29th .

Er , were you coming into Omaha on the 28th or the 29th ?!?!

Developing ............................

Once was enough...
January 12th, 2006 05:18 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

Once was enough...

January 12th, 2006 05:24 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

That is the polar opposite of Omaha right there, you made my case!
January 12th, 2006 06:05 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

Nine !!!!

Our Arena is being expanded this summer in order to compete with Kansas City's new facility ( THE SPRINT CENTER ) .

THE QWEST is currently working with Bill Curbishley ( WHO MANAGER EXTRAORDINAIRE ) in order to close a deal in October .

Word

THE WHO WILL NOT PLAY THAT DUMP..NOT ENOUGH YOUNG BOYS FOR PETEY

Sassy Cakes !

[ Edited by Ted Knight ]

[Edited by Joey]

January 13th, 2006 09:34 AM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

THE WHO WILL NOT PLAY THAT DUMP..NOT ENOUGH YOUNG BOYS FOR PETEY

Why Perks ?!?! ....... WHY ?!?!

Why do you make your young Joeykins cry so violently ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!

January 13th, 2006 10:37 AM
nankerphelge Joey?

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)