ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Madison Square Garden, NYC - January 18, 2006
© Sweet Virginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Centre Bell, Montreal January 10, 2006 Setlist, reviews and pix Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 10th, 2006 10:23 PM
LadyJane MY BAND is sending this out to me tonight...I FEEL it!!!!

1. JJF! (9:15 PM EST)
2. YGMR
3. She's So COLD!!
4. Tumbling Dice
5. ONNYA (fuckin' up my life!)
6. As Tears Go By (Ron said the boys are playing "As good as always")
7. Rain Fall Down
8. Rambler!!!!!
9. Night Time

Intros

10. and now for a BIGGER BANG TOUR debut!! This Place is Empty
11. And another! Happy!

12. Miss You (B Stage)
13. Rough Justice (B Stage)
14. Get Off of My Cloud (B Stage)
15. Honky Tonk Women (B Stage)
16. Sympathy
17. Start Me Up
18. Brown Sugar

19. YCAGWYW (Encore)
20. Satisfaction (Encore)

LJ.

What a show!!!!!! thanks "Boys".

[Edited by LadyJane]
January 10th, 2006 10:26 PM
keefjunkie they played happy!?
January 10th, 2006 10:30 PM
jaggergurl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
MY BAND is sending this out to me tonight...I FEEL it!!!!

1. JJF! (9:15 PM EST)
2. YGMR
3. She's So COLD!!
4. Tumbling Dice
5. ONNYA fuckin' up my life!
6. As Tears Go By (Ron said the boys are playing "As good as always")
7. Rain Fall Down
8. Rambler!!!!!
9. Night Time

Intros

10. and now for a BIGGER BANG TOUR debut!!!!! Happy!

LJ.

WOW!! HAPPY!!!! Yay! Keith!!
January 10th, 2006 10:31 PM
PartyDoll MEG Keith played Empty, LJ, according to Shidoobee chat where I have been
January 10th, 2006 10:37 PM
LadyJane Are u kidding me???

That is the song that rings through my head when I walk through my Parents house.

Put out the flood warnings now........MSG........LJ will LOSE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
January 10th, 2006 10:38 PM
PartyDoll MEG That's why I left chat to tell you!!
January 10th, 2006 10:38 PM
glencar As Tears Go By? Now I'm Happy!@
January 10th, 2006 10:41 PM
LadyJane
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
That's why I left chat to tell you!!

Empty, As Tears Go By, Happy.............yep......I'll be damned....that BAND is playing for me....and my Mom is on the stage.

I am in tears......

LJ.
January 10th, 2006 10:51 PM
PartyDoll MEG Looks like no more surprises. LJ, at least your man came through with new songs. He must have practiced over the break!!! Nite all-early to work tommorrow!!
January 10th, 2006 10:52 PM
jaggergurl special setlist for a special night.... and a special LadyJane...

wow...
January 10th, 2006 10:53 PM
jb This is the emotional catharsis that you needed my dear friend.....let the tears flow and you know someone is watching over you. God bless............
January 10th, 2006 11:00 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:
This is the emotional catharsis that you needed my dear friend.....let the tears flow and you know someone is watching over you. God bless............

Thanks.........this Band, these songs........they mean the whole world to me.

The Stones performing on this night.......The Stones lead me to all of you..........I love them now more than ever before.

And the beauty of it...........my Mother understood. She really, really did. Whenever I was down and that has been a lot in the past couple of years she would say "Aren't the Stones gonna play soon?"

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
January 10th, 2006 11:06 PM
parmeda Hey girl...your phone is going to ring in about 5 minutes
January 10th, 2006 11:07 PM
RollingstonesUSA The last 2 r CAGWYW, and Satisfaction
January 10th, 2006 11:44 PM
jb I am having trouble sleeping and just masterbated to Eva Langoria.......
January 11th, 2006 12:40 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
jb wrote:
I am having trouble sleeping and just masterbated to Eva Langoria.......

hope that helped

check your PM
January 11th, 2006 12:41 AM
Kurtcobainkid87 Wow, my evening has just been made. Two new songs from Keith. I love "This Place is Empty" and who doesn't love "Happy". I have thirteen days until the Stones show. I'm going to the Chicago shows on the 23rd and 25th. My tickets on the 25th I won from a local radio station so I hope they're up front. If Keith is playing these two songs on opening night, I can only hope for "Little T and A". First time in twenty-five years, anything's possible. Let's hope.
January 11th, 2006 12:53 AM
dob99 I was there tonoght in the Bell Center and it was the best show in Montreal since 1972... It beats 1989, 1994, 1998 and 2003. Happy and This place is empty were great!! Also, Midnight Rambler...WOW!! Belle soirée!
January 11th, 2006 01:23 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks Estela at http://rocksoff.org/foro

Por AP Photo/Ryan Remiorz,CP

January 11th, 2006 01:25 AM
speedfreakjive voodoo, any chance of you sending me yesterdays header via email?
January 11th, 2006 01:28 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Check your PM, it's there just download it
January 11th, 2006 01:35 AM
speedfreakjive check you're email,
January 11th, 2006 02:32 AM
taz22 Holy crap people.....what a concert....Montreal came through for our boys big time...energy was great and ever seat had an ass it in before the concert started.....

A brief summary...I gotta get some sleep....

A great pre-party at Hurley's.....some many wonderful shidoobee's were there....lots of pics were taken by Nurse Jane and Mowat....am sure you'll see them up soon!

Nice start to the concert with JJF.....the crowd went nuts and so did I.....

Mick finally nailed the lyrics to SSC......a great raw song with lots of passion and energy...the crowd could feel it...

As Tears Go By......at this point....I must admit that my spirit left my body and I was just floating......A wonderful gem and a treat to hear....

Rain Fall Down....this song live rocks!!!!

Midnight Rambler....what can I say....they jammed for 10 minutes and this more than makes up for only having 20 songs.....

This Place is Empty....Keith announces that he is gonna play a tune that is new and never done before....the crowd goes nuts and no one goes for a piss break.....This is a awesome song live.....I am sure he is planning to play this for sometime to come...you're gonna love it...

Happy......a great rocking tune....I think the 37 days off did Keith well...his voice was crisp and clear and he sang with all his heart.....I LOVE THIS MAN!!!!

No track wrecks tonight....a great tight show with lots of energy and passion.....and the boys could feel it....

Thanks to Chuck for putting together an awesome set list!!!
January 11th, 2006 06:38 AM
corgi37 That is one impressive list of songs.

I hope everyone there enjoyed it, especially LJ.

Hope i get to see them in a paddock soon. Or a corn field. Or maybe the backyard at work. Anywhere!!

Actually, i am bit disappointed. I really, really thought Jagger would say: "Good evening, Montreal. Great to be here, but we are really looking forward to Australia, and in particular, Melbourne".

Well, maybe next show.
January 11th, 2006 06:58 AM
Gazza
quote:
jaggergurl wrote:
special setlist for a special night.... and a special LadyJane...

wow...

when I saw that setlist, I thought exactly the same

(they could at LEAST have played "Lady jane" though - the bastards )

How ironic that after all the criticism of Keith for not changing HIS set for the first half of the 2005 leg that BOTH of last night's tour premieres are sung by him.

Good to see As Tears Go By is back in again. I think this means we'll get it in New York. Yes!!
January 11th, 2006 07:01 AM
Gazza
quote:
taz22 wrote:
This Place is Empty....Keith announces that he is gonna play a tune that is new and never done before....the crowd goes nuts and no one goes for a piss break

long may that continue...good to know

I had feared that playing that song would lead to it being all too appropriate a choice, given its title
January 11th, 2006 08:05 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Uncredited author from Montreal Gazzette (spelled with two "z" and now with two tees to honor Gazza )

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
January 11th, 2006 08:23 AM
Gazza its also spelt with two 't',s, though

so, shouldnt it be "GAZZETTE" (is this French for "little Gazza"? )

Yours,

A Pedantic Bastard
January 11th, 2006 08:28 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Gazza wrote:

(they could at LEAST have played "Lady jane" though - the bastards )

With all the good karma going out to LJ from all these Stones fans, I half expected to find "Lady Jane" on the setlist! I'm glad some other songs in last night's setlist resonated for you, Lady Jane. You deserve it.
January 11th, 2006 08:33 AM
Madafaka Yes! Keith has changed his set!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)