ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Madison Square Garden, NYC - January 18, 2006
© Sweet Virginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pat Robertson hates Ariel Sharon (NSC) Return to archive
January 7th, 2006 08:16 PM
WhenTheWhipComesDown If anyone happened to read the evil statements Pat Robertson
said about Mr. Sharon I hope he pays for his unChristian statements. He said God was punishing Sharon because he had
divided the Gazza Strip up and it was God's Land and it made
God angry- or something to that effect. Rat Popertson is a lunatic
who needs to be committed.

This was a segment on Giraldo last week.
January 7th, 2006 08:40 PM
Martha I did hear about it. It's unspiritual to speak that way about anyone, in my opinion. It's very unbecoming to say the least. When I hear people speak so unkindly I try to remember that it teaches me how NOT to behave.

peace to everyone,
Martha
January 7th, 2006 09:44 PM
kath ol' pat is at it again!! he's famous for this shit...makes them all look like idiots!!

between he and falwell i dunno who is cheesier!!
January 7th, 2006 10:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
WhenTheWhipComesDown wrote:
If anyone happened to read the evil statements Pat Robertson
said about Mr. Sharon I hope he pays for his unChristian statements. He said God was punishing Sharon because he had
divided the Gazza Strip up and it was God's Land and it made
God angry- or something to that effect. Rat Popertson is a lunatic
who needs to be committed.

This was a segment on Giraldo last week.

grrr...

Gaza = contentious area in Middle East
Gazza = me
January 8th, 2006 07:59 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
January 8th, 2006 09:26 AM
gimmekeef Pat is quite the "religious" leader huh?....What an old fool
January 10th, 2006 04:41 PM
prism I watched Pat Robertson's show a few weeks ago and I heard him call evolutionists "an insane cult".
January 10th, 2006 05:59 PM
monkey_man Good ole Pat Robertson. . . if he's not the leader of the American Taliban, no one is!
January 10th, 2006 06:11 PM
lotsajizz and he's a Republican...keep that in mind
January 10th, 2006 06:19 PM
glencar He's a Republican, true, but that doesn't mean he's not crazy like a loon. You know, like Cindy Sheehan for the other side...
January 10th, 2006 06:28 PM
FPM C10 Pat laid a curse on the town of Dover, near where I live, for the outcome of the Scopes II trial. So far God hasn't put the smack down on Dover, but then again He could just be lulling them into a false sense of security...

[Edited by FPM C10]
January 10th, 2006 06:40 PM
monkey_man
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
and he's a Republican...keep that in mind

Jesus is a Republican! He's recanting all that "blessed are the meek" and "blessed are the peace makers" shite in favor supply side economics don't you know!! Soon at the eucharist Robertson will say "The body of Christ. . .Dow 20,000" and you'll say Amen!
January 10th, 2006 08:07 PM
WhenTheWhipComesDown If I remember right, I think the segment went on to state that Pat Robertson is
a multimillionaire, 75 years old, and has great influence and "power" in the
Republican or political community. So when he speaks like this they just agree
with him apparently so he will give more money. I guess they already know he is
a certified lunatic and just blow him off.
January 10th, 2006 08:20 PM
Riffhard
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
and he's a Republican...keep that in mind

I see your Pat Robertson,and raise you one---->

He's a democrat. Keep that in mind.

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
January 10th, 2006 08:28 PM
corgi37 You Yanks just cant stop breeding these religious nuts, giving them money and giving them power. Robertson should be in a tent in the Deep South somewhere.
January 10th, 2006 08:44 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Riffhard wrote

He's a democrat. Keep that in mind.
Riffy

Robertson has millions of looneys that follow his every word. Belefonte's contingent is in the low thousands. Hell, you've even parroted his call to take out Chavez. That's influence!
January 10th, 2006 08:50 PM
Riffhard
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Robertson has millions of looneys that follow his every word. Belefonte's contingent is in the low thousands. Hell, you've even parroted his call to take out Chavez. That's influence!

LOL! C'mon no MM! I was only speaking tongue in cheek about that. The guy does scare me though. I think Robertson is a loony toon! Likewise for Belafonte. Trust me PR is losing lots of credibility within the Republican party. He only speaks to the far right of the party on his best days,and those days are long behind him.

It would be like me saying that Hollywood is reflective of the majority of Democrats. Oh,wait......j/k!

Riffy
January 10th, 2006 08:56 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

It would be like me saying that Hollywood is reflective of the majority of Democrats. Oh,wait......j/k!

Riffy

Touche! That's French for . . .well. . .nevermind!
Peace
January 11th, 2006 01:05 AM
sirmoonie ZOG.
January 11th, 2006 02:06 AM
lonecrapshooter Investors Business Daily
Article Title: "Another Double Standard "
Author:
Section: Issues & Insights Date: 1/10/2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pat Robertson, a fundamentalist Christian televangelist and founder of the 700 Club, infamously suggested last Thursday the massive stroke suffered by Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon was divine punishment for "dividing God's land."

Stupid remarks? Of course. But Robertson clearly doesn't hate Sharon - or Jews. Indeed, little reported by the media, Robertson also called Sharon "a very tender-hearted man and a good friend."

For his remarks, Robertson was roundly criticized - not just from the left. Conservatives were especially harsh on Robertson. Former Sen. Bob Dole, National Review, current Sen. Norm Coleman and even the fundamentalist Southern Baptist Convention, the nation's largest Protestant denomination, all criticized Robertson.

Contrast that with comments that were far more harsh, outright anti-Semitic and hateful, and that the media pretty much ignored.

We're referring to Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez's diatribe against Jews, delivered on Christmas Eve.

Chavez called Jews "descendants of those who crucified Christ" and, using another false old anti-Semitic trope, stated they "took the world's riches for themselves."

Unlike Robertson's comment - whose indefensible content won't be defended here - Chavez's hate speech won blase acceptance in the media, with the honorable exception of a handful of bloggers. For the media, it was: gee, what will that zany Chavez say next?

For kicks, we did a little experiment. We typed the words "hugo chavez AND anti-semitism" into Yahoo's search engine.

What we found was surprising, to say the least. Of the first 50 hits, 38 stories were on Pat Robertson - not Hugo Chavez. When Robertson made his gaffe, stories ran in newspapers from Europe to the U.S. to Australia. Just a handful of stories ran about Chavez's hate speech. And even fewer editorials.

Robertson, inarguably, is not as important a man as Chavez. Robertson's star is on the wane, while Chavez leads an oil-rich nation whose future may well help decide the rest of South America's fate.

Worse, Chavez holds in his hands the fate of 25,375 Jews who live in Venezuela - and he may have an enormous impact on the 551,000 or so other Jews who live across South America.

History is rife with instances of hard words ignored that led to ugly consequences. A certain failed painter from Austria comes to mind.

It's hard to imagine, given Chavez's "Mein Kampf"-like diatribe, that Jews will feel very comfortable in Venezuela now. It's even harder to understand why we in the media just don't seem to care.
January 11th, 2006 05:58 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I see your Pat Robertson,and raise you one---->[img]

Do you even know what the term 'strawman' means? You keep erecting them even as you deny it. Again, showing you'd rather argue what you wish someone said rather than what they actually said; a common far right wing problem...

January 11th, 2006 06:43 AM
corgi37 The Jews didnt kill Jesus. He committed suicide.
January 11th, 2006 09:36 AM
FPM C10
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
The Jews didnt kill Jesus. He committed suicide.

Wooooo. I wouldn't touch that line with a barge pole!

One thing I have never understood about this particular story - if Jesus' death & resurrection was pre-ordained, then weren't the jews just playing out their pre-ordained role (IF in fact they did what Mel Gibson sez they did) and if "we" all owe "our" everlastin' salvation to the whole crucifixion thing - then why aren't we thankful to the jews for doing what god said they should and would do?

Seems like many of the other virgin birth / half man half god stories throughout history had their ducks in more of a row than this one.
January 11th, 2006 10:16 AM
gimmekeef God and Jesus and the rest of the religious characters (see Muhammad) are illusions invented by man to control others...simple as that....WTF has religion done for the world so far anyway?
January 11th, 2006 10:29 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Wooooo. I wouldn't touch that line with a barge pole!

One thing I have never understood about this particular story - if Jesus' death & resurrection was pre-ordained, then weren't the jews just playing out their pre-ordained role (IF in fact they did what Mel Gibson sez they did) and if "we" all owe "our" everlastin' salvation to the whole crucifixion thing - then why aren't we thankful to the jews for doing what god said they should and would do?

Seems like many of the other virgin birth / half man half god stories throughout history had their ducks in more of a row than this one.

LOL. I'd love to argue religion with you Flea, but that would be too much like arguing politics with Riffy.
January 11th, 2006 03:52 PM
FPM C10 Not at all! I think my best grades in college were in my Religious Studies courses, and I'm very open-minded. I've always considered myself an agnostic, not an atheist... if someone shows me a religion that isn't 90% bollocks, I'd consider signing up.

January 11th, 2006 04:14 PM
Moonisup
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
..WTF has religion done for the world so far anyway?

it gave us a few days off from work?
January 15th, 2006 03:33 AM
Brainbell Jangler Fleabit:
Pick up a copy of "Buddhism Without Beliefs" by Stephen Batchelor.
January 15th, 2006 03:53 AM
Brainbell Jangler This is the last paragraph of Batchelor's book (it won't spoil it to know the ending):
"An agnostic Buddhist vision of a culture of awakening will inevitably challenge many of the time-honored roles of religious Buddhism. No longer will it see the role of Buddhism as providing pseudoscientific authority on subjects such as cosmology, biology, and consciousness as it did in prescientific Asian cultures. Nor will it see its role as offering consoling assurances of a better afterlife by living in accord with the worldview of karma and rebirth. Rather than the pessimistic Indian doctrine of temporal degeneration, it will emphasize the freedom and responsibility to create a more awakened and compassionate society on this earth. Instead of authoritarian, monolithic institutions, it could imagine a decentralized tapestry of small-scale, autonomous communities of awakening. Instead of a mystical religious movement ruled by autocratic leaders, it would foresee a deep agnostic, secular culture founded on friendships and governed by collaboration."
January 15th, 2006 08:46 AM
corgi37 I read today the MICKS are looking into changing Judas from a cunt to a misunderstood good guy, acting out what he "had to do". Good for him! He was the coolest guy in "Jesus Christ Superstar".

Hey, i saw that half-wit Bill O'Reilly from FOX on Letterman here in Oz on cable last night. Boy, did Dave let it rip! Great television. I loved it when he said "60% of what you say is crap!" Bill said later on "I"ll send you a hat", and Dave replied "Send one to (the chick who's kid got killed in Iraq, and she protested outside Bush's Texas home). Sorry, forgotten her name. Ouch! What a come back! Also, so cool to see fellow Melbournian Eric Bana on the show. He lives around the corner from my work and barracks for the same footy team. A top bloke too! Why cant more Americans be like Australians?

P.S. Bush lives in the town that is my surname. Wonder if my kin founded it?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)