ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Madison Square Garden, NYC - January 18, 2006
© Sweet Virginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aussie Stones fans .. leave a message Return to archive
January 7th, 2006 07:08 PM
Daethgod http://www.krock.com.au/

leave a message for our suit wearing snouts and to the Stones.
We want em down under !

even non Aussies can leave one..make us happy
[Edited by Daethgod]
January 8th, 2006 01:13 AM
StickyFishFingers thanks, just added a message.
January 8th, 2006 06:12 AM
corgi37 I'm trying to send it.
January 8th, 2006 04:03 PM
Daethgod if having probs just email me
[email protected]

January 8th, 2006 11:33 PM
corgi37 Email sent Daeth. Will try to tune in to your show today. Hope i can get 95.5 from Hampton.
January 8th, 2006 11:36 PM
jb Good luck.........and please don't go swimming!!!!!!!!!! Horrible news this weekend............be safe Corgi 37!!!!
January 9th, 2006 12:47 AM
Daethgod just said hi to ya Corgi on the radio

hope u heard it !

January 9th, 2006 05:23 AM
corgi37 Goddamn it, no i didnt hear it. I thought i had your station, but i was on the freaking gay station for about 20 minutes. I should have figured you wouldnt be playing so many dance tracks. Cant get K-rock from my radio, but will try again. Might be time for a new radio at work. I bought this one on my Fairstar cruise in 93. Shit, i might need a short wave radio to pick up your signal from Hampton. I leant the old chook at work my old, old radio i bought in Singapore in 82. That is the best damn little cassette/radio ever made. Might try to get 95.5 tomorrow.

I do appreciate the "hello" though! And keep hassling Dainty!
January 9th, 2006 05:27 AM
corgi37 Hey JB! Our waters are murderous playgrounds. 7 year old girl dies from a Box jelly fish sting. These creatures are among the most deadly beast on Earth. Their toxin is very powerful. See Finding Nemo for further info.

And, appears a chick chomped off Nth Stradbroke Island (I've been to Sth Stradbroke) was attacked by not 1, not 2, but 3 sharks. In waist deep water!

I got my Mums luxurious pool, and our kids inflateable pool. Ya can keep the ocean, pal!
January 9th, 2006 06:08 AM
Daethgod heard today that Dainty contacted Optus Oval who said no..

January 9th, 2006 12:26 PM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Hey JB! Our waters are murderous playgrounds. 7 year old girl dies from a Box jelly fish sting. These creatures are among the most deadly beast on Earth. Their toxin is very powerful. See Finding Nemo for further info.

And, appears a chick chomped off Nth Stradbroke Island (I've been to Sth Stradbroke) was attacked by not 1, not 2, but 3 sharks. In waist deep water!

I got my Mums luxurious pool, and our kids inflateable pool. Ya can keep the ocean, pal!

Smart....what happened to those huge nets they use to have by the beaches? Ineffective?
January 9th, 2006 05:55 PM
Daethgod just heard a rumour.. Oz show announced early Feb, Melb gig at Flemington

January 10th, 2006 04:22 AM
RSRTG Lets hope so!
January 10th, 2006 06:31 AM
corgi37 I'd prefer Flemington, just cause getting there would be a breeze on the train. Driving would be a dream too - plenty of parking. Also, its proven they can handle massive crowds of over 120,000 people on the big race days. Though, i was warming to a Geelong gig. Would have been very romantic.

Fuck Princes Park. Not worth the whingeing, caffe latte drinking, chardonnay set moaning about the noise, parking hassles, traffic jams and street blockages.

But, what really bloody bugs me is that they waited too long. No doubt due to haggling over money, the greedy ass-holes. Even though we are so remote, the Stones organisation would know about the football commitments and the Commonwealth Games. And, Cohl being Cohl and touring both U2 and Stones, he'd know for sure! So, U2 play 2 sold out shows in our so-called state of the art stadium, complete with roof, smack bang in the middle of the city, with a train station, tram lines and local pubs. While the Stones play amongst the horse shit on the "bad" side of town. And, providing the Racing Trust ALLOWS them to fuck up their precious track. Again i say, why not Olympic Park.

JB - The nets are still up, but the fuckers can jump them! Again, see Finding Nemo. The pricks swim down!!!! Be afraid. Be very afraid. Our sharks are so tough, they make Jaws look like, er, Nemo.
[Edited by corgi37]
January 10th, 2006 08:19 AM
StickyFishFingers Corgi mate i reckon we just have to be happy if they even get to Melbourne. I don't care where they play there as long as all us aussie fans get tix. Mind you maybe they could perform at Punt road at the Tigers training ground. It would cool for all us aussies to meet up for drinks at the Royal & watch the classy girly show and then afterwards saunter over the road. Seriously tho', I'll be coming over from Perth - so I'll be gracious for any Stones show at any venue in Melbourne.

Hey is the Duke of Wellington on Flinders still open? I heard it was going to be demolished a few years back. Hope it's still there.
January 10th, 2006 09:19 PM
corgi37 Punt Rd would be too ok, location wise. They renovated the grandstand, but the facilities would not be anywhere near sufficent for 30,000+.

I love the Royal! Sexiest, MILF type, single mother slags around. Dirty shows too!

I used to drink at the Duke alot, but not for some years. It was sold a couple of years ago. Dunno if its still around.
January 10th, 2006 09:27 PM
StickyFishFingers yeah that's a bummer about the Duke. The last time i was there 'the Whale' didn't look too healthy.

Glad to hear the Royal still puts on the 'variety shows' hehehe....
January 11th, 2006 06:48 AM
corgi37 You know, the Yanks here wouldnt have a clue how good we got things here. Real beer, foaming and icy cold. Single mothers serving it to you with delicious saggy tits. Lean on the bar, light a smoke, and watch some heroin skank strip off and ram a 15incher up herself. Grab a "traveller" or two, and walk across the road to the footy.

Is there anything grander?

Pity we dont HAVE ENOUGH FUCKING STADIUMS! Then again, brand new stadiums didnt help the Hurrican Katrina victims, so i'll stick with our lovely pubs.

hey, ya reckon they could build a 50,000 stadium near the CBD in 3 months?
January 11th, 2006 10:57 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
jb wrote:
Good luck.........and please don't go swimming!!!!!!!!!! Horrible news this weekend............be safe Corgi 37!!!!

....Hilarious locals up there in Queensland, not the tragedy, but I mean? "We never thought something like this could happen?".........WHAT? Sea water+ spear fishing + swimming with your Border Collie = Bull Sharks, Tiger Sharks, Great Whites and Bronze Whalers. Spear fishing attracts sharks, dogs in water attracts sharks. Imbeciles!

Again; The Rolling Stones will not be touring Australia. If they do I shall become an Australian citizen, in other words undergo a labotomy. JUST JOKING GUYS!
January 12th, 2006 05:58 AM
corgi37 To quote our Prime Minister:
"We decide who we allow in our country"

Some people are born Australian.

Others are just camping out.
January 15th, 2006 04:15 AM
StickyFishFingers "hey, ya reckon they could build a 50,000 stadium near the CBD in 3 months?"

last year on the news there was a story about this bloke who has invented a sort of portable entertainment venue - which was inflated with air compressors, it was sort of like a bloody massive parachute. it was big enough to shelter quite a decent amount of people, but probably not 50000. the inventor claimed that the noise factor outside of the portable venue was also within reasonable limits.
January 15th, 2006 08:37 AM
corgi37 He also said he had crop circles in his tomato patch and his cat talked to him.
January 15th, 2006 08:40 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
To quote our Prime Minister:
"We decide who we allow in our country"

Some people are born Australian.

Others are just camping out.

....Pass the tanning butter
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)