ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Rex Features
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: According to Don Was & Sheryl Crow Return to archive
01-10-04 07:28 AM
crb69 I've been reading the new book "According to the Rolling Stones" and I've found the personal accounts written by artists and producers who've worked with the Stones to be most intriguing. Producer Don Was mentioned a few things that really moved me along with Sheryl Crow's experience of first meeting and performing with the band in '95. Don Was: "They can walk out on stage and sooth the souls of 100,00 people - each of whom has their own unique set of troubles. 2 hours later they all leave feeling emotionally whole and linked to a global community of millions." Don explained how he perceived each of the Stones and their own special personalities (that we all know & love) but I still had a sense of first getting to know them all over again. Sheryl Crow mentioned how sick she was with nerves before going on stage at Joe Robbie Stadium to perform "Live With Me" on a pay-per-view show in '95. She took a big swig of tequila from Bobby's bottle right before she went on stage (thankfully he was there to hand it to her). She said she first met Mick when she walked on stage that night and grabbed his hand. As he led her around the stage she realized she was with the man she always dreamt of meeting, and being, when she was younger. She said she always wondered what it would be like to be in the Rolling Stones. She knows she never will be but she got a taste of what it's like for a little while...I could type for hours here. Need I say this book is recommended reading?
01-10-04 01:44 PM
egon My question is:

Where in France can i find the english (or dutch ) version?

quelqu'un?
01-10-04 04:58 PM
Prodigal Son Wow, if the Stones ever had a female member of their group (today there is Lisa, mind you) back in the heyday, Sheryl Crow is a perfect choice. Embodies the Stones spirit for sure. I like most of her work, especially that rockin' bluesy debut from over 10 years ago, Tuesday Night Music Club. Bottom line; the Stones are legends and they profoundly affect everyone they work with or get to know.
01-10-04 07:12 PM
SHINE A LIGHT egon, you can get it from amazon.co.uk en anglais, mon ami. bonne chance.
[Edited by SHINE A LIGHT]
01-10-04 08:50 PM
LadyJane My New Year's resolution was to actually READ all of these books that grace my coffee table. Started with this one. Can't put it down. Great read...GREAT pics!!

LJ.
01-10-04 09:22 PM
SHINE A LIGHT LJ, i know how you feel.....we buy all these books and only read some. i will follow your lead, start reading the entire lot soon......and i have three more coming from amazon. HELP

BEST VIEWED HIGH