ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Rex Features
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Buddy Guy .... new live albums (nsc) Return to archive
01-09-04 04:53 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Buddy Guy to Release 16 Live Albums in January

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Buddy Guy's upcoming 16-show stand at Chicago's Legends club will be released as individual double-CD sets immediately after each performance.

The shows, set for Jan. 9-11, 14-17, 21-25 and 28-31, will be recorded by start-up company Pirate Entertainment. It will sell the CDs, dubbed "Live at Legends," to audience members and via the Web at http://www.piratebootlegs.com.

Guy's latest Silvertone release, "Blues Singer," is nominated for best traditional blues album at the 2004 Grammys . The set debuted in June at No. 3 on Billboard's Top Blues Albums chart.

Reuters/Billboard

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
01-09-04 05:15 PM
T&A as it should be - now if Bob and the Stones would just get alignment with this practice the world would be a much better place for us all!
01-10-04 03:17 PM
riffhard64 I saw Buddy Guy last summer in NH at The Hampton Beach Casion Ballroom with Los Lobos opening for him.The show was so incrdible,had a table right in front of the stage with waitress service!..it was great..Los Lobos was incedible as well,they played lot's of blues including the Allman Bros "Whipping Post" and Led Zeppelin's "The Lemon Song"...but Buddy Guy stole the show,an amazing night of blues in a great lil place by the beach in NH.....got laid that night too....gotta love that!
01-10-04 05:09 PM
Mr. D Buddy's the man. I can't wait to pick these live CD's up. I wish I could have went to the Stones show when he opened for them.
01-10-04 07:08 PM
SHINE A LIGHT thanks for the info.......love the blues,love mr. guy.
01-11-04 11:47 AM
T&A I've seen Buddy Guy many times, including twice opening for the Stones (Vegas, 94 and Orpheum 02). I must say that it's not nearly as good to watch Buddy open for the Stones, as the anticipation of seeing the Stones kinda ruins watching Buddy (but, you could say that about any opening act, I suppose). It was great to see Buddy play (Rock Me, Baby) WITH the Stones, however.

BEST VIEWED HIGH