ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Rex Features
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Gimme Shelter" on CD? Return to archive
01-09-04 03:35 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Does anybody here know if the the official album "gimme shelter" has been released on CD?

If side "B" can be restored as "Got live if you want !!" it will sell good
01-09-04 06:37 PM
scratched It must be cos it was part of that 31 piece Stones box-set on eBay that was on here a few days ago.
01-09-04 07:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm realizing that the tracks on side B are the same on "Got Live" even that the cover says that the tracks come from a show at the Royal Albert Hall.

Am I right? What a fiasco!

In addition to the 6 tracks at the Royal Albert Hall it has 9 tracks recorded in Oakland in 1969, that's why I think that collection is not official
01-10-04 07:17 AM
Honky Tonk Man

The whole Got Live album is an absolute joke in my opinion. I mean, how can you say the songs were recorded at the Royal Albert Hall when they weren’t. Did Klein do it purely because he thought he could get away with it, or was it more to do with the fact that Royal Albert Hall SOUNDS better than, The Gaumont Theatre, Ipswich?

I have often wondered about this Gimmie Shelter LP. I hadn't even heard of it until I saw a picture of it in the Argentina Rolling Stone Special. As it was on Decca, I take it that the Stones didn’t sanction it?

Seems interesting. I would hazard a guess that it's a boot, either that or Decca have only released it in certain Countries.

Alex
01-10-04 07:44 AM
marko It is Russian official.
01-10-04 07:59 AM
Honky Tonk Man Thanks Marko. You see, this is what I don't understand! Why would they only release it in Russia? Is it a local Decca Company? Kind of like in the 60's when Decca sometimes used to release things on the Deram label, though I think it was only their "lesser" acts who were released on that.

Alex
01-10-04 08:19 AM
SirMuddy I have it on lp!
Decca put it out,
trying to make more cash from the movie...
But it's a mess...
One side is Got live if you want it
The other side is a Get yer ya-ya's out remix...
But they cut everywhere...
(I remember Sftd as the baddest one)
It's cheap... I mean poor...
But it's only my humble opinion...
If someone like it...
Crank it out loud!

Jah bless ya!
01-10-04 08:29 AM
marko Its very indentical with the russian pressing,,,,,the russian ones are official,in Russia.They have bootleg songs,a an extra tracks.But is an english CD!?Right?
Decca has made an compilation album "gimme shelter" The b-side is live,but its from Got live if you want it.
01-11-04 09:32 AM
rogerriffin gerardo, yo lo tengo, pero no tengo quemador, dime si puedes recibirme para que obtengas tu copia y también le sacamos copia al arte y al poster... ya que es del mismo tiraje que el de "flowers" que tu tienes.
01-11-04 09:41 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks for the offering Rogerriffin, I appreciate it, but I have the LP in good conditions and side "A" is available everywhere as it's all the original studio recording, side "B" is all in the "Got Live if You want it" and I have it SACD

Anyway you're more than welcoms to come home and burn whatever you want, including some CDs

BEST VIEWED HIGH