ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Rex Features
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New here -- Please be gentle Return to archive
01-08-04 09:11 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Hi all!

Have been lurking around here for a while and I thought I might jump in and test the waters. I usually hang out at Shidoobee and KR210's Voodoo Lounge where I go by the name Manofwealthandtaste (hence the username M.O.W.A.T.). I have enjoyed reading many of the posts and find myself recognizing some of you from Shidoobee. Hope I can contribute here in a positive way.

Kevin
01-08-04 09:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
Hi all!

Have been lurking around here for a while and I thought I might jump in and test the waters. I usually hang out at Shidoobee and KR210's Voodoo Lounge where I go by the name Manofwealthandtaste (hence the username M.O.W.A.T.). I have enjoyed reading many of the posts and find myself recognizing some of you from Shidoobee. Hope I can contribute here in a positive way.

Kevin

Sure, jump right in.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
01-08-04 09:26 PM
SHINE A LIGHT welcome mowat there are days when it could be a rough ride, other days are great.......it's a cross section of real life!!?? you'll be fine.
01-08-04 09:30 PM
Phog Welcome!!
01-08-04 09:36 PM
Lazy Bones Welcome to the tub, MOWAT. As long as your contributions aren't in the form of bubbles, everything will be hunky dory!
01-08-04 09:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hi Kevin! Great to see you here!!

Welcome to the clinic aka the asylum aka the funhouse aka the psychiatric hospital aka the tub aka el manicomio be sure we’ll be gentle if you are

The best way to start here is first watch and then act, so you're doing the right way.

Recently someone said me that we are not gentle with the newbies but we are, just that some newbies don’t match or go to another direction and want the board to go with them.
01-08-04 10:00 PM
LadyJane Welcome aboard, M.O.W.A.T.!!

We bark...but we certainly don't bite!!

The playground is open!!

LJ.
01-08-04 10:40 PM
Lambchop
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

We bark...but we certainly don't bite!!

LJ.

I bite. And uncake if you're really good. Don't ask, don't tell...
01-08-04 10:50 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hey Lamby are you a she or a he? Just curious
01-08-04 11:02 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Hey Lamby are you a she or a he? Just curious

voodoo,i maybe wrong (but i doubt it) but i suspect our little ovine friend is the erstwhile Dandelion*

sorry D, if i've blown your cover but all that jacko statuette - digging up rosemary clooney stuff makes it quite clear (imho)
01-08-04 11:59 PM
parmeda Hi M.O.W.A.T.

Glad you took the plunge...
Do you plug your nose when you go under water?
(...just teasin', lol)
01-09-04 05:02 AM
Lambchop
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Hey Lamby are you a she or a he? Just curious

I'm not sure but I wish Joey would find another avatar to clean his colon with. May I sugest Sleazy Hugh take the plunge?
01-09-04 05:20 AM
Moonisup hey M.o.w.a.t!

With a picture of the great Benny Hill, no one may do you harm!!!!!!

Rik
01-09-04 07:10 AM
Jumacfly MOWAT, welcome aboard, i love your avatar as i m a huge Benny hill fan!!!

cheers
JU
01-09-04 08:05 AM
Honky Tonk Man WELCOME!

Alex
01-09-04 08:52 AM
nankerphelge Who says we are tough on Newbies?

That is utterly ridiculous.

We are the most diverse and open group of Stones fans known.
We have people from all over the world -- universe actually, if you count Shine a Light.

01-09-04 08:52 AM
Monkey Woman Yeah, welcome to the nuth... uh, funhouse! LOL
We just champ broken glass and change into wolves on a full moon! And suck on the jugular of virgins, of course!

Let's live lasciviously, down in the muck
And when tonight's over, you're going to watch me blow and self-destruct

All get together and rock
All get together and rock all night

01-09-04 09:07 AM
SHINE A LIGHT hi mowat, i have a question for vood.(or whomever??) this may also be one of your questions:
- pul-eeze fill me in....so to speak....what's up with joey and the "bathroom situation"?????

- i also agree with stonesfanin australia.....could that possiblly be the person formally known as "dandy"???? our sweet lamby person?????

OR, could it be "wheel of fortune", "morocco"???? they have vanished!
[Edited by SHINE A LIGHT]
01-09-04 12:11 PM
littleredrooster Hi, MOWAT!

Welcome to our nightmare!

Roostah
01-09-04 01:09 PM
KeithRichards210 Kevin! Good to see you here, brutha!
01-09-04 02:31 PM
Joey " And uncake if you're really good. Don't ask, don't tell... "

Lambchop ..................I just came back from Lunch , took a wicked sh## , and am now in need of some serious Budda Belly-Rubbing and Uncaking ! Please , come to The Jacky and " Uncake ! "

That little Avatar of yours just screams out to : , " Pick me up and swab out Jacky's colon ! "

Swabby !
01-09-04 02:34 PM
Joey " I'm not sure but I wish Joey would find another avatar to clean his colon with. May I sugest Sleazy Hugh take the plunge? "

NO !!!!!! NINEA !!!!!!

S- S- S- S - Sleazy Hugh s- s- s- s- s- s- scares the living crap out of me . I do NOT want him within one hundred yards of my rectum .

" Have you hugged your Hugh Today Ronnie ? "

Jacky Cake !
01-09-04 02:36 PM
Gimme Shelter Welcome aboard.
01-09-04 02:38 PM
stewed & Keefed Welcome
01-09-04 03:45 PM
Sir Stonesalot I dub thee....Waty. MOWAT is just to ungainly, and Mo is to obvious. Waty, yeah, that's the ticket.

I wonder if anyone else noticed that in your very first thread, you used "hard on" in the title. Brilliant!

For the record....I fucking HATE Benny Hill. But I won't hold that against you, at least not yet. I, being ever the sophisticate, much prefer Monty Python and The Young Ones.

And as for being rough on the new folk....only the ones who deserve it. Everyone is welcome until they make themselves unwelcome.

Are you a drinker? If so, may I suggest the new drinking thread entitled, "The Bar Is Open"?
01-09-04 04:00 PM
Factory Girl Welcome to RO!
01-10-04 08:44 AM
Pattie
Welcome Kevin!
01-10-04 06:43 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Welcome on board!
01-12-04 09:41 AM
Joey

Go ............................

Fly .............................

Spread it ........................