ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Rex Features
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chicago Bears Shufflin' Crew (NSC) Return to archive
01-07-04 11:15 PM
littleredrooster Can anyone send me a copy of the ORIGINAL sports video, often imitated, never duplicated.............
Chicago Bears Super Bowl Shuffle !!!!

Roostah Jonesin'
01-08-04 12:19 AM
MarilynJagger Oh my God...My brother has the copy...My cousin is Gary Fencik, number 45 who btw is a Stones fan! I remember being at his folks house in the late 80's (after the super bowl and he asked me what CD's should be played during a huge family gathering...I told him Tattoo You and of course the whole backyard rocked out! Haven't seen him since his wedding, but saw his mom last year..Sorry I don't have a copy to send you, but this sure brought back memories..Cheers
01-08-04 01:38 PM
littleredrooster Thanks for the reply!
I lived in Chicago for 4 years but da Bears were simply awful at that time under Abe Gibron!
In 1985 they fielded the most colorful team in recent memory!!

Roostah Pluto
01-08-04 02:47 PM
telecaster I have the audio but not the video, proudly

Let me know if you want it
01-08-04 10:49 PM
Steel Wheels This is too bizarre...#45 was one of my favorite Bears!Gary Fencik, Yale grad, signed with the Bears in 1976 and played 12 seasons for the Monsters of the Midway.
01-08-04 11:46 PM
mac_daddy you can buy it, but $45 seems a bit steep... how badly do you want it, lrr..?

happy shopping.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000F2SI/103-3979212-3670217?v=glance
01-09-04 12:08 PM
littleredrooster Thanks for your replies!
If I can't get the full video, the audio track would be sweet!
I'll check that link, MAC but I agree $45 bucks seems pretty steep!
But,then again it's only 30 Euros, and that sounds better!!

Roostah 'The Fridge'
01-09-04 12:14 PM
Nellcote Ah Roostah!

How can you profess to be such a Bears fan, letting greenbacks get in the way?

Yes, I too recall the aforementioned video, which struck angst and disgust into any NE Patriots fan. We all recall the outcome of that Super Bowl.

Should you not be willing to part with the dough for that title, might I suggest the best selling NFL video of all time? The 2001 Super Bowl Champion NE Patriots dvd. Still holding as the all time champion. Here's hoping you hold out for the Patriots '03 version

Unlike the Red Sox, this team has a good coach...

01-09-04 03:29 PM
voodoopug i think i still have it as an mpeg file....if you got a real big email box, i can email it to you i think! (Huge File)
01-09-04 06:16 PM
littleredrooster Don't worry the 2004 Curse Of the Bambino also applies to your Pats!
Nellie, the Pats took in the shorts, hard in 85.
That 2001 video is merely a mimic, nothing approaches the video of the Shufflin' Crew, it's all in the cast!

It is the Year of the Eagle!!!!!!!

I once lived in Chicago and suffered through the Abe Gibron days! And, although the Bears disposed of my NY Giants on the wind swept, icy plains of Soldier Field, in 1985, I still think that they are the most colorful and dominant NFL team of the Century!

PayRod please phone home!!!

Roostah
[Edited by littleredrooster]
01-09-04 06:18 PM
littleredrooster Mr Pugs,
How big is this file??
I may have a place for it to land!

Roostah
01-09-04 10:18 PM
voodoopug it is about 12 mb big...it is on my office cpu so i can only transfer it during weekdays...email me at [email protected] with you email addy and i will try to send it monday
01-10-04 12:31 AM
MarilynJagger Hi Steel Wheels... Gary was always smarter than the average bear, pun intended. I once was at Gary's bar and the Refriderator was there...He let me put his super bowl ring on and let me tell ya...THREE OF MY FINGERS COULD FIT INTO THAT RING...mighty big boy he was. As family history has it, we take credit for his playing on the field, but not his singing and dancing! lol Papa Halas once wrote us telling us that he thought Gary was one of the best players ever...what memories!! I hope you get the video...I still remember Gary's "rap"...You'll hear me laughing all the way from Orlando now....
01-10-04 01:39 AM
Sir Stonesalot I have had on not one but TWO superbowl rings!

Ralph Baker, former linebacker for the Jets, let me wear his. He played at Penn State with my former high school coach...who happens to be pals with my dad. He showed up with coach at a backyard BBQ, and promptly broke one of our lawnchairs.

FPM might remember the other time. We used to roadie for a band that always played the G-man in Carlisle during Redskins training camp. There were always players in there drinking. Charles Mann walked up to us and said he was interested in our equipment and wanted to get behind the soundboard. Of course we said..."A guy your size can look at anything he wants!" While we were talking, I noticed his ring, and asked if I could try it on. He smiled and seemed to think nothing of letting a complete stranger wear his baubble.

Two things you need to know about super bowl rings...they are really huge, and they are really ugly. Oh yeah, and they are REALLY cool. Not as cool as Keef's skull ring, but pretty damn cool none the less.
01-10-04 02:17 AM
littleredrooster SSA,
May the third Super Bowl ring that you are allowed to wear be stained with Chunky Corn Chowder !!!

Roostah

BEST VIEWED HIGH