ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Rex Features
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Iggy's Raw Power CD!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-04-04 06:21 PM
Factory Girl Go listen to it RIGHT NOW!!! It will change your life!!

IT is the best F/ing thing out there!! It is so f/ing sublime!!!

PS. The Libertines bore me now.

01-04-04 06:28 PM
mac_daddy that's the one with search and destroy, right? good album. but isnt that also the one where iggy kinda shit-canned the ashetons and brought in other musicians? so while it is an iggy album, it aint really a stooges album, which is why I think the stooges never play material from that album now...

nonetheless, I enjoy Raw Power quite a bit, and back in the day, it was the loudest slice of vinyl that I owned.

have fun.
01-04-04 06:34 PM
Factory Girl iggy-vocals
jms williamson-guitars
ron asheton-bass & vocals
Scott Asheton-drums

It is so AMAZING!!!
01-04-04 06:37 PM
mac_daddy right...

that's what the credits read, but I think the players were a bit different...

ron plays lead guitar (does still in the current stooges), and I think iggy brought in that other guy, and kind of took the album over. I know they are credited, but I am not sure how much drum and bass the brothers asheton actually played. and I am almost positive that is why they dont play those songs live now, which is too bad, becasue the album is great!

I might have to go throw it on right now...
01-04-04 06:41 PM
Factory Girl Maccy, throw it on NOW!!!
01-04-04 07:07 PM
mac_daddy great cover pic, too!

more iggy

the Stooges back in the day!

01-07-04 07:45 AM
Egbert Raw Power is one of the greats - can you feeeeeeeeeel it?
01-07-04 10:43 AM
Nasty Habits I am your crazy driver
Honey I'm sure to steer you wrong
I am dying in history
I'm only living to sing this song

I need somebody, baby
I need somebody, too
I need somebody, baby
Just like you
Just like you
Just like you

But I'm losing a lot of my feelings
and I'm running out of friends
you know you lied to me
in the beginning tried to bring me
to the end

I need somebody, baby
I need somebody, too
I need somebody, baby
Just like you
Just like you
Just like you

Well I was trying to leave this signal
in a fury and it 's too strong
Yeah I got my reputation
Write me anyway, not too long

I need somebody, baby
I need somebody, too
I need somebody, baby

Just like you
Just like you
Just like you

Somebody
Somebody
Somebody
Somebody, baby
Somebody
Some body

Just like you.

mac_daddy, I'm pretty damn sure it's the Ashetons on bass and drums -- not that there wasn't some outpushing by James Williamson (all this had a lot to do with junk) but this album is 100% STOOGEST.

01-07-04 10:55 AM
mac_daddy great sig, nasty...

yes, it was right around that time, though...

and there is some reason that they dont play that stuff now, and I am pretty sure it is personal....

on a related note...

I just got this source (yes, FG, it is included in that elusive package that I have been meaning to send ya )

Iggy Pop
"Sister Midnight"
Agora Ballroom, Cleveland, OH
March 21, 1977

Liberated Boot > EAC (Secure) > WAV > SHN

Track Listing:
1. Raw Power
2. 1969
3. Turn Blue
4. Sister Midnight
5. I Need Somebody
6. Search and Destroy
7. TV Eye
8. Dirt
9. Funtime
10. Gimme Danger
11. No Fun
12. I Wanna Be Your Dog

Excellent quality audience recording from the "Idiot" Tour, featuring Iggy Pop (vocals), David Bowie (keyboards and backing vocals), Ricky Gardiner (guitar), Tony Sales (bass) and Hunt Sales (drums)
01-07-04 01:09 PM
Factory Girl Hey all my fellow Stooge-heads!!
Now riddle me this:

Which is more influential and why- Raw Power or Funhouse??

PS. I've been dirt, and I don't care...
01-07-04 01:33 PM
mac_daddy raw power!
01-07-04 04:41 PM
Nasty Habits Raw Power is more influential but Funhouse is a better record.
01-07-04 06:53 PM
exile Iggy is great
saw him about 6 years ago in Melbourne
he was fantastic an absolute legend
definitely my next favourite after the STONES

some of his recent albums were not that great like "Naughty Little Doggy" I didnt like that one

I loved American Caesar and Brick By Brick i also just got Skull Ring its in my car its not bad pretty good

I have RAW Power thats the only Stooges album I have though
01-07-04 07:10 PM
stonedinaustralia also,if you haven't heard it, get an earful of "kill city" - williamson's guitar playing is tremendous - by the sounds of it it seems he was using some open G tuning on this as many of his riffs and licks have a decidedly keith like feel to them

and i agree with with nasty raw power was more influential but funhouse actually has more "raw power"... having said that "search and destroy" and "shake appeal" are two of my favourite iggy tracks
01-07-04 08:21 PM
purrcafe Raw Power is my favorite album of all time. The most ferocious album ever recorded, it would certainly be my desert island disc. I think that Funhouse is generally considered to be the more influential of the two, because it is more experimental, whereas Raw Power is straight ahead rock and roll. What the hell. They're both great. I just prefer Raw Power.
01-07-04 10:57 PM
Egbert Raw Power I could listen to 100 times in a row and never tire of - but all 3 Stooges albums are equally great in my book. That wah-wah fuzz tone of Asheton's on their debut rules! The ultimate stoner CD.

And speaking of stoned...how stoned does Scott Asheton look in that pic that mac daddy posted on this thread?

01-07-04 11:25 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Now that Iggy is back here, these are some "reposted"pix of Iggy, some stones related

This is Iggy with Alice in Wonderland, and Ray Manzarek in 1974

With a friend

This was taken by my friend Baron Wolman in 1969

01-07-04 11:32 PM
Egbert Voodoo - great pics! Thanks for putting 'em up.

Ig & Keef - lots of dental work between those two.
01-07-04 11:46 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl You're welcome Egbert, btw the photo with Keith was taken at the Acme in 1988
01-08-04 07:52 AM
Factory Girl Thanks Voo and Maccy for the pics!

I prefer Funhouse b/c "Down on the Street" just floors me, grabs me and smacks me around. Plus, Funhouse has Dirt and Loose, two of my sentimental faves...rotfl.

However, I agree with the resident Stooge-heads that Raw Power is more influential!!!

PS. I had a chance to see Ig do Dirt in concert (Hammerjacks in Balto.). It was GREAT!

PSS. For SIA- yes, Kill City is great! Also, check out album with "Tight Pants" on it.
01-08-04 11:13 AM
New Barbarian Has anybody heard Fun House sessions box? It has something like 8 cds. I got a compilation (boot?) album of it called "Declaration of War" that's even better than the actual Fun House. Best Stooges album imho.
01-08-04 06:02 PM
Vinyl kills "Raw Power" is amazing but you guys MUST check out the "Rough power" CD available at www.bomp.com along with TONS of other IGGY/STOOGES goodies. The "Rough Power" consists of the original mix of "Raw Power" and they are a HELL of alot rawer than the Bowie mixes. It's available on a 10" and CD. The CD has a bunch of bonus tracks. Only about $7-$8 bucks too.
01-08-04 06:14 PM
Nasty Habits Hey Vinyl Kills. The newer version of Raw Power on Sony has Iggy's remix, which does a much better job putting things in the red than Rough Power to my ears -- those tapes are just too muffled to really get peak flavor OR power. For BOMP! Studio Stooges insanity I will personally take Open Up and Bleed, with my all time fave Stooges piece of shit outtake, Pinpoint Eyes.
01-08-04 08:14 PM
Vinyl kills No shit! Thanks man, I will definately check that out. I have seen the recent vinyl reissues of that but didn't really look into it. Now I will.
01-09-04 08:57 AM
Zeeta Raw Power is EASILY the loudest CD I own.

I nearly "caked" when I first heard it - SO much energy you can feel it - almost touch it.

Yes, I may revisit tonight!
01-09-04 09:20 AM
Factory Girl Nasty, please repost your pic!!

Listening to Igggy's China Girl right now!!!
01-09-04 11:58 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Nasty, please repost your pic!!

Listening to Igggy's China Girl right now!!!

???????

which pic?

01-09-04 12:04 PM
JaGgEr I really love Iggy, but I hate it that he allowed stupid Sum 41 to play with him
PS Saw him this year in Belgium (Zottegem) and i exepted more from him.
Greetz
01-09-04 01:04 PM
Factory Girl Nasty, when I checked board this am, your "Had It it with you" pic was only showing up as a red X. I mistakenly thought you were trying to post an Iggy pic.

My apologies go to lovely Nasty.
01-09-04 01:25 PM
New Barbarian
quote:
JaGgEr wrote:
I really love Iggy, but I hate it that he allowed stupid Sum 41 to play with him
PS Saw him this year in Belgium (Zottegem) and i exepted more from him.
Greetz

Dunno about Sum 41 because haven't heard them, but Green Day really bothers me. Because of them I haven't bought Iggy's latest album. What's next? Offspring?
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH