ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Rex Features
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones - Hotter than Hell 1975 Return to archive
01-03-04 11:19 PM
corgi37 I have just seen this available for download on a peer to peer thingy i go to. It's a huge file, and will take me around 8 months to download. Want i wonder is, does anyone know what it is (apart from a 75 tour show i assume). I mean, is it any good? Quality ok? Which show is it? Any help would be lovingly appreciated.
01-03-04 11:27 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
... on a peer to peer thingy i go to...

where's that?
01-03-04 11:36 PM
Chuck Davis Hottest in Hell - Buffalo, NY 06-15-75

Pretty good show with a lot of hiss.

01-03-04 11:39 PM
Lazy Bones Well, HOT AS HELL is an Italian boot (not sure of the sources) with the following tracklisting from 1975:

Honky Tonk Women / All Down The Line / If You Can't Rock Me > Get Off My Cloud / Star fucker / Gimme Shelter / Ain't Too Proud To Beg / You Gotta Move / Happy / Tumbling Dice / You Can't Always Get What You Want / Luxury / Hand Of Fate / Hey Negrita / Fool To Cry

Same one?
01-04-04 02:41 AM
marko Lazy bone,indeed that is the one corgis talkin about,except
3last songs,they from Frankfurt 1976 29th of april.
But there are lot BETTER boots from 75 tour than this one.
MANY.
01-06-04 06:49 PM
corgi37 I am just busting to see the lotus petal stage. But, thanks for the info. Buffalo, eh. Well, I'm trying to download it, and so far, i'm 100 in the queue. I looked for other stuff from 75, but this is it. There is the abbatoir 76 one, but i cant go for both at once (56k only). OH, win mx is the site i go to. Thanks for the info again.
01-06-04 07:43 PM
mac_daddy i winmx mp3 only? or do they have lossless files (SHN or FLAC)..?
01-06-04 08:22 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Chuck Davis wrote:
Hottest in Hell - Buffalo, NY 06-15-75

Pretty good show with a lot of hiss.

OMG...my VERY first Stones show. I must have this. Can someone guide me through this? Please?????

LJ.
01-07-04 02:23 AM
marko Easily!But i do have better ones from 75 tour.Gonna tree 75
tour soon.
01-07-04 10:26 AM
T&A An unbelievable Gimme Shelter at that show. At this point in time RW was just about equal to MT as a lead player. (boy, never thought you'd hear that, eh?)
01-07-04 02:32 PM
marko Then you should hear Final New York!
01-08-04 07:12 PM
justforyou Coral Sun presents The Rolling Stones Hot As Hell

'Winmx' version - 571.087.892 bytes. Quality is poor. After YCAGWYW the sound is out of sync!

Tracklisting:

If You Can't Rock Me-Get Off Of My Cloud
Gimme Shelter
Ain't Too Proud To Beg
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Happy
Tumbling Dice
Heartbreaker
Fingerprint File

Cheers!
01-08-04 08:35 PM
corgi37 As usual, Rocks Off'ers save the day. Thanks for all the info. Winmx has heaps of video stuff to download. Quite alot of Stones stuff (VL & Licks in particular), but i guess most of you have it all and sometimes you can be on for months without hardly advancing in a queue. It just depends on what you want. I tried to get the Winter film clip (i never even knew there was one) but it was too slow. I am currently getting Iron Maiden's "Holy Smoke" clip. I dont like Kazaa much. I also use Imesh, but its been pretty touchy lately and when a pop up comes on, i get booted. Marko, cant wait for you to tree a 75 show. I would love to be a loyal and loving leaf! You know, i always thought it strange there was no official film of the 75-76 tour. Particularly as this era would have been the start of the video age. I guess its something to look forward to when they all croak and the unreleased stuff trickles through every Christmas. Anyway, Lady Jane, check out winmx. I also found that alot of the mp-3's for download have a higher bit-rate that i normally get. There isnt much rare Stones songs (though i did get a few cool things) but the range of video stuff of the Stones is pretty nifty. Oh, Cocksucker Blues is available too.
01-08-04 08:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels FUCK THE STONES. They don't me rock no more. Goddamit. Mick sucks Prince Charles dink and Keith is an old man on vacations all the time. I mean sometimes suicide IS a good option. Where are we now? Where arw our leaders/coward/ Dylan never gave us any leadershio either, COWARDS ALL OF THEM. THEY WEREN"T KOOL THEY WERE COWARDS. Fuck em.
01-08-04 08:49 PM
LadyJane TTM-I'll chalk up that last post to either
--Frustration with the snow/cold.
--Temporary insanity.
--Lame attempt at humor.
--Drunkenchiba post.

I KNOW you don't mean it.

LJ.

PS...Corgi..Thanks for the help!!

[Edited by LadyJane]
01-10-04 07:16 AM
corgi37 So far havent got any of Hotter than Hell, but i have got the 1st few minutes of the French 76 show. Very good quality, in stereo. And is that Billy Preston dancing away at the start of Honky Tonk? Very funky stuff.
01-10-04 07:34 AM
ThatsWhatISay Hi, look for this chatroom on WinMX: "R Stones", there u will find me, then browse my files and I let u download the file...I also got Abbatoirs and many others. I'm pretty often online...

ThatsWhatISay
01-11-04 08:09 AM
corgi37 its a date. Abboitoir is the show i am getting now. Hotter than Hell is taking ages. Hope to see you there. Thanks.
01-11-04 01:48 PM
ThatsWhatISay Uhm, Abattoirs is a bigger file than Hot as hell, about twice the size since it's the uncut version and not the one commonly around von WinMX (about 450MB).

BEST VIEWED HIGH