ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1998 RocknRose
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Robbie Williams 7/01/07 channel 4. Glad I did't pay to see that! Return to archive
7th January 2007 06:54 PM
JaggerLips Did any UK viewers watch that tonight? Robbie Williams, Leeds concert in September 2006?
I was glad that I could turn it off! I sat in front of the TV put the Robbie Williams A Close Encounter on expecting to be wowed by his performance. I found that Robbie was not entertaining at all, singing only bits of his songs and only actually putting in any effort in when Jonny Wilks his best friend came on stage to do their version of Me and My Shadow.

I found myself thinking of concerts I'd been to the Stones twice, Madonna and Paul McCartney. It seems more well heeled singers, musicians and performers such as these seem to be the greater entertainers. I feel the younger generation need to learn from those who have been around the block a fair few times more how to entertain.

I do like Robbie Williams and most of the songs I have heard from him. I was dissapointed his stage perfomance did not match his perfomances in his music videos.

A bit of a rant but hey music is supposed to be criticised and questioned.
8th January 2007 06:29 AM
UGot2Rollme was this a repeat? I saw something a couple months back on BBC from the 2006 tour and was not impressed at all, either, letting the crowd sing too much, awkward stage moves. Unlike you, I thought the part with his buddy was the lowpoint.

Unfortunately, Robbie is unkown in the US. I moved to Switzerland a few years ago and was immediately taken by his Escapology CD (don't really like what he's released since then, though) I have the "Robbie Williams show DVD" which is pretty good.

His voice is only exceeded by his ego, but if you take him with a grain of salt, he's fun.
8th January 2007 06:50 AM
corgi37 My brother saw him here last month. Said it was great. But then again, he's an idiot.

Reviews for his 1st Melbourne show were so-so, but the last one (last of the tour btw) was that he was "tired" and lacked spark. His appeal surprises the shit out of me. I can see why he's totally a nothing in the U.S.

I heard about Robbie's mate coming out during the show. Seems odd indeed.
8th January 2007 11:17 AM
SweetVirginia I thought that Berlin TV special to launch "Intensive Care" in October 2005 was good.

The two or three boots I have heard from this tour, though, sucked.

9th January 2007 12:45 PM
Honky Tonk Man I missed this and probably wouldn't have watched it anyway. I don't Robbie is too bad. He's just there, part of the furniture. I have his Best Of which is pretty good.
9th January 2007 04:13 PM
The Wick Sorry to all but Robbie Williams is absolute shite. If you weren't impressed it's because he's crap and it's only because pop music is such useless shit that ponces like him are well received. He was in Take fucking That for gods sake. If anyone ever gave me one of his CD's, I would think about using it as a coaster for drinks on my coffee table but I wouldn't want to stain my coffee table like that.
9th January 2007 07:36 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
The Wick wrote:
. He was in Take fucking That for gods sake.

Yeah, but I think Take That's new single is pretty good!
9th January 2007 10:45 PM
Poison Dart Nobody in the US even knows who Robbie Williams is.
10th January 2007 08:37 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Nobody in the US even knows who Robbie Williams is.

Perhaps, but for argument sake, would that make him any less of an artist? The States may matter in terms of money, but nothing else.

Americans not knowing who he is is actually the reason he lives in Los Angeles.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)