ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1998 RocknRose
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Any Stones Fans Play Any League Darts/Pool? Return to archive
6th January 2007 02:45 PM
Highwire Rob That includes Snooker too for you Brits and Irish.

I belong to a local league for Darts and we have our first match coming up this Tuesday. Cricket (Brits: "Mickey Mouse") is my best game but we also compete in team 301 and 501 in the same contest.

These new Arachnid dart machines are the shit! They're connected to the pub phone line to download stats, match results etc. I practice Snooker regularly too, but I'll stick to darts for league. I think It would be cool to meet other Stones fans for some friendly games before a concert. If and when they tour again -- especially Pittsburgh, for me!

Now that's a night: Stones music, Pub beers, darts, billiards, and maybe even meeting some chicks who look like Allison Fisher and Jeanette Lee.

Oh, dear God... how she works that cue!
[Highwire MILF transmission over and out...]

Englishman Phil Taylor showing how darts are to be thrown (UK Open 2005):

And when he did it the first time at World Matchplay 2002:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6405923996953481804
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
6th January 2007 03:35 PM
Highwire Rob
6th January 2007 06:37 PM
fireontheplatter i so love to play pool and darts, but only after 4 pitchers and 3 shots of jack and when no one is watching

everybody say ow
6th January 2007 07:16 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i so love to play pool and darts, but only after 4 pitchers and 3 shots of jack and when no one is watching

everybody say ow

6th January 2007 07:34 PM
Joey " That includes Snooker too for you Brits and Irish. "

Frankly , I just drink ---- and I am DAMN FRIGGIN good at it too --- I do not mind telling ya !

|
|
V

6th January 2007 08:30 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
From time to time, Viv [Vivian Stanshall] still enjoyed periods of hectic creativity including one in which he planned, with Roger Daltrey, to make a film of the life of Keith Moon. But once more, because of his drinking it came to nothing. Now a recluse, Viv spent his time watching snooker videos when he was not in drying-out clinics.

[http://www.vivarchive.org.uk/articles/articledm24-11-01.htm]

quote:
1984 Lows - Alex "Hurricane" Higgins [Snooker Champion]: is the only man - apart from The Who drummer Keith Moon - who can keep up with legendary hellraiser Oliver Reed, and the pair release Wild Thing as a single.

[http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/snooker/2292027.stm]

Hey Gazza, have you ever met that fellow Belfast Legend?

"..I am Keith Moon, give me four [...]" - Keith John Moon, after being offered half a horse tranqulizer.
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
7th January 2007 06:51 AM
stewed & Keefed I played league snooker for twelve years, but gave up a couple of years ago because I did'nt have time for all the practising you have to do.
7th January 2007 07:03 AM
F505 Raymond van Barneveld likes The Cats!
7th January 2007 09:07 AM
Sir Stonesalot I used to shoot 8-ball & 9-ball in the local bar league. I was also the base champion at 8-ball while in the army..2 years in a row.

If Flea were still here, he could tell you of how we would go out with $10 between us, and end up the evening with money for the rest of the week, and hammered as well.

Unfortunately, my job does not permit me to play in a league or anything. I don't have nearly enough time to keep in good practice. I can still shoot a decent game, and not embarrass myself, but I can't do it like I used to. I actually lose games now.
7th January 2007 09:24 AM
Lil Brian I've got an old Brunswick table that's been in our family for well over a 100 years. We bought it used from a pool hall in my old hometown and they brought it out on a horse drawn trailer. Come on over! All RO'ers welcome!
7th January 2007 11:14 AM
GotToRollMe I used to shoot a mean game of pool. Unfortunately, it's been awhile since I've played. You have to stay on top of it or your game gets rusty really quick.
7th January 2007 11:50 AM
Lil Brian I'm not great either but I can rack with the best 'em.
7th January 2007 12:54 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
F505 wrote:
Raymond van Barneveld likes The Cats!

Yes F505, you Dutch certainly have your share of precision dart players--including reigning Champ!

What is it about the English & Dutch? It must be the great beer!

--Highwire
7th January 2007 01:22 PM
Highwire Rob Sounds like there are some decent billiard and dart players in the Rocks Off community. I figured there would be... sort 'a goes with Stonesian life.

I recall years ago on this board somebody posted the tour contract rider (40 Licks tour, I believe) in which Keef & Ronnie are specifically provided with a backstage billiards table.

Lil Brian -- that's some antique table you have. But I would be hesitant to play if I were a guest. This scene would keep going through my head:

As opposed to this scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcGOB94hx7U
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
7th January 2007 07:21 PM
Joey
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:

[
"..I am Keith Moon, give me four [...]" - Keith John Moon, after being offered half a horse tranqulizer.

I like that story ..... I DO !!!!

9th January 2007 01:14 PM
Honky Tonk Man I enjoy a game of pool every now and again; though don’t expect a quick match! Half the time by me is spent picking the balls off the floor!
9th January 2007 01:21 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:
I'm not great either but I can rack with the best 'em.

Did you say great rack? Oh, sure.

9th January 2007 10:04 PM
glencar I enjoy pool but I can't say I'm a good player. I am in a bowling league & I'm mediocre there too. At least I have the best backhand in my tennis league!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)