ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1998 RocknRose
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wood amazes wife......... Return to archive Page: 1 2
30th December 2006 10:41 AM
Ten Thousand Motels ........WITH PERSONAL TRAINER REQUEST

Veteran hellraiser RONNIE WOOD has left his wife JO amazed after joining her for a work-out with her personal trainer. The ROLLING STONES guitarist, who has had a well-documented battle with alcohol and drugs, asked if he could exercise alongside his former model spouse. Jo says, "We worked out together - me and Ronnie. Can you believe that?! He rolled up his sleeves and just got on with it. "Today, he's suffering, of course. He keeps complaining that he can't move, but secretly I think he's delighted with himself. I am, too. "I never take anything for granted where Ronnie's concerned, but it's a step in the right direction, isn't it? Next, I think I'll get him into gardening." 30/12/2006 12:58

30th December 2006 10:44 AM
Jumping Jack Gardening? We may soon have to call him Jumping Jack!
30th December 2006 10:46 AM
fireontheplatter no...jumping woody
30th December 2006 10:58 AM
LastChild keep it up woody!
30th December 2006 11:43 AM
speedfreakjive great news
30th December 2006 11:52 AM
deuce Woody's gonna be buff for Europe
30th December 2006 12:29 PM
Lethargy Kind of surprising - I would've guessed that even with his problems, he did some sort of regular exercise, just because he's so damn SKINNY. We know Mick exercises like a maniac - I just figured Ronnie (and Keith too) did as well despite their decadent lifestyle.
30th December 2006 01:05 PM
iheartronnie
quote:
RONNIE WOOD has left his wife JO

quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
great news

great news indeed lol
30th December 2006 01:07 PM
Martha Go Ronnie GO!

That's right Jo, NEVER take anything for granted! Wise words indeed!

xxoo,
Martha
30th December 2006 02:43 PM
deuce
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Kind of surprising - I would've guessed that even with his problems, he did some sort of regular exercise, just because he's so damn SKINNY. We know Mick exercises like a maniac - I just figured Ronnie (and Keith too) did as well despite their decadent lifestyle.

Can you really imagine Keith exercising?

I think it's more of just that they don't eat alot or they have extremely high metabolisms.
[Edited by deuce]
30th December 2006 03:41 PM
glencar Anyone else hear the story about howe Mick challenged Keef to tennis & Mick in his nifty tennis whites lost badly to Keef who showed up in his street clothes?
30th December 2006 03:57 PM
Honky Tonk Man This was all in todays Daily Mail. It hinted at Ronnie doing the exercises to keep a tab on his missus as she has the hots for the trainer. This particular newspaper has run several exclusives on Ronnie in recent years. They seem to have an obsession with the band and actually, unlike some other UK tabloids, I think they are quite positive about them.
30th December 2006 07:35 PM
glencar Jo's hot to trot?
30th December 2006 09:29 PM
IanBillen

As normal, all this "hub-bub" about Ronnie having one foot in the grave and on his last breath over the past three years has been for the most part Incredibly exaggeratted.

Sure the dude has an addiction. He will tell you that. And all that drinking isn't good for anyones health. But come on the dude can work out at the gym any time and he is able to go in and do it with ease. That right there tells the tale.

Right there is your proof the dude is not in piss poor shape.

He is fine as he always was. Just trying to stay away from booze is all.

Ian
31st December 2006 07:36 AM
glencar He should lift dumbbells. Hello, IanBillen!
31st December 2006 10:58 AM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

As normal, all this "hub-bub" about Ronnie having one foot in the grave and on his last breath over the past three years has been for the most part Incredibly exaggeratted.
Ian

wrong. Ronnie even admitted it himself. Front page story and 3 page interview in the Sunday People almost three years ago. He was told by doctors that he was in the early stages of emphysema and if he didnt quit smoking it could kill him within a year. His words. Not some idle internet gossip.

And three or four spells of rehab for alcohol addiction since 2002 doesnt exactly suggest he's been in tip top shape all that time either.
31st December 2006 12:31 PM
Soldatti Ronnie be good.
5th January 2007 08:59 PM
no night together I know for sure Keith (yes, keith) used to have pretty regular jogging in the eighties and early 90s. Saw pictures of him jogging. got no idea of if and how he still does. there's most life-jamming among rockers and sportsman nowadays, sometimes pro-sport and musicians share experience and teach something to each other, noting strange in misbehaving and doing kinda sport at the same time. there are plenty of examples.
5th January 2007 09:34 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
no night together wrote:
There's most life-jamming among rockers and sportsman nowadays, sometimes pro-sport and musicians share experience and teach something to each other, noting strange in misbehaving and doing kinda sport at the same time. there are plenty of examples.

It took me a second, but I think I gotcha. I recently read an article about how Eddie Vedder & Kelly Slater hang out. Cool Stuff!
5th January 2007 09:50 PM
sirmoonie Mine amazes more than just my wife.
5th January 2007 10:31 PM
glencar
quote:
no night together wrote:
I know for sure Keith (yes, keith) used to have pretty regular jogging in the eighties and early 90s. Saw pictures of him jogging. got no idea of if and how he still does. there's most life-jamming among rockers and sportsman nowadays, sometimes pro-sport and musicians share experience and teach something to each other, noting strange in misbehaving and doing kinda sport at the same time. there are plenty of examples.

You saw photos? I've seen pictures of him on a bike & it didn't look all that steady. I cannot picture Keith jogging.
5th January 2007 10:34 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
You saw photos? I've seen pictures of him on a bike & it didn't look all that steady. I cannot picture Keith jogging.

Was he jogging or just burning off some lines!
5th January 2007 10:35 PM
glencar LOL The idea of Keith doing a fitness program is quite fankly unbelievable. He's in fine shape but I think he probably doesn't eat much.
5th January 2007 10:36 PM
pdog Keith gets winded when he lifts his arm to light another cigarette!
5th January 2007 10:38 PM
glencar He couldn't even sing & play guitar at the same time!
5th January 2007 10:41 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
He couldn't even sing & play guitar at the same time!

strangely, his voice improved as a result of droping the guitar, which was mostly a prop during his sets.
5th January 2007 10:46 PM
glencar It was horrid early on this fall but it improved as the tour went on. Those mini-strokes were tough on him.
5th January 2007 10:50 PM
pdog Columbia's Frosted mini-strokes!
6th January 2007 06:55 AM
no night together yep. I m not sure it was a strictly athletic programme, anyway, a picture dont mean a schedule. I have the picture here, it belongs to the early eighties, th text says "keuth doing long jogs in connecticut". I am hopeless computerwise, promise I'll do something to share the pic very soon.
What I can give you for sure is that rockers do more sport than they like to admit. I am a sport journalist/anchor with a strong rock infection, so I find myself in the middle a few times. it's nice, sportsman learning the first goofy chords at 45, guitarists with sore backs after the first workout at 53, yeah, nice.
6th January 2007 11:58 AM
glencar I recall seeing an article in Life magazine from the early 80's that showed Mick jogging & the other group members laughed at him for it.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)