ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2005 Frank Trapper
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: It's coming: "About Them Shoes" press release Return to archive
January 9th, 2005 12:54 PM
CS TONE-COOL/ARTEMIS RECORDS TO RELEASE BLUES GUITAR
LEGEND HUBERT SUMLIN’S “ABOUT THEM SHOES” JANUARY 25TH;
NEW ALBUM FEATURES GUEST PERFORMANCES BY KEITH
RICHARDS, ERIC CLAPTON, DAVID JOHANSEN AND MORE

On January 25th, 2005, Tone-Cool/Artemis Records will release ABOUT THEM SHOES, the new album from blues guitar legend Hubert Sumlin. Sumlin is joined by special guests Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, David Johansen, harmonica legend James Cotton and The Band’s Levon Helm. Produced by Rob Fraboni, the album is a loving tribute to Muddy Waters and contains seven songs from Waters, four from Willie Dixon (written for Waters), one from Carl C. Wright and one from Sumlin himself.

Tone-Cool President Richard Rosenblatt commented, “We are thrilled to be working with Hubert Sumlin, a man I’ve been proud to call both a friend and personal hero for more than twenty-five years. Hubert’s gentle good humor and deep humility often belie the fact that he is one of the true geniuses of modern blues, but his long and impressive list of admirers makes it obvious that his strong influence has been felt far beyond any one genre”.

Sumlin began his career playing with James Cotton before being drafted into Howlin’ Wolf’s band as lead guitarist in 1954. He played with Howlin’ Wolf for over 25 years until Wolf’s passing. During that time, he also served a stint as Muddy Waters’ lead guitarist. In that time he helped forge the sound of postwar blues and influenced a whole new generation of guitarists including Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page. Page said, “Hubert Sumlin is one important person…I love Hubert. And what a complement he was to Howlin’ Wolf’s voice. He always played the right thing at the right time. Perfect.”

Rolling Stone recently included Sumlin in their list of 100 Greatest Guitarists. Sumlin is featured in the new Martin Scorcese/Antoine Fuqua blues performance film, “Lightning In A Bottle”. The film documents the Year of the Blues concert that took place on February 7th, 2003 at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. Sumlin can also be seen on the current Rhino DVD release of Eric Clapton’s Crossroads Festival. In March, Back Beat Books will publish a Hubert Sumlin biography by Will Romano, entitled Incurable Blues.

ABOUT THEM SHOES track listing:

1. I’m Ready (featuring Eric Clapton)
2. Still A Fool (featuring Keith Richards)
3. She’s Into Something
4. Iodine In My Coffee
5. Look What You’ve Done
6. Come Home Baby
7. Evil
8. Long Distance Call (featuring Eric Clapton)
9. The Same Thing (featuring David Johansen)
10. Don’t Go Further
11. I Love The Life I Live, I Live The Life I Love
12. Walkin’ Through The Park (featuring David Johansen)
13. Liitle Girl, This Is The End (featuring Keith Richards)

For more information, please contact:
Carise Yatter/Artemis Records
212-433-1810 or [email protected]

###
January 9th, 2005 01:05 PM
CS The cover

January 9th, 2005 03:13 PM
glencar I was just watching the Dirty Work CBS press release last night. Funny, funny stuff.
January 9th, 2005 05:44 PM
kath keith put on his best tackle for this show......see how shimmery????
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood