ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2005 Frank Trapper
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: As per Don Was---no Ronnie yet (thanks Stonesdoug) Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 7th, 2005 04:43 PM
Tom http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm391.showMessage?topicID=25.topic

"Don Was played at the Ramshead in Annapolis tonight and I got to have a couple seconds with him. All I could get from him was that Ronnie has not been part of any of the recording yet----it's all Mick, Keith and Charlie"
January 7th, 2005 04:45 PM
Joey
quote:
Tom wrote:
http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm391.showMessage?topicID=25.topic

"Don Was played at the Ramshead in Annapolis tonight and I got to have a couple seconds with him. All I could get from him was that Ronnie has not been part of any of the recording yet----it's all Mick, Keith and Charlie"

....any sign of Mick Taylor ?!?!?!?!
January 7th, 2005 04:46 PM
Gazza ..which goes to prove that all they've been doing in Paris was working on rough ideas for songs, demos and backing tracks, etc
January 7th, 2005 05:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
..which goes to prove that all they've been doing in Paris was working on rough ideas for songs, demos and backing tracks, etc

Well, it doen't really matter all that much, does it. When the time comes they'll get that job done.
January 7th, 2005 05:03 PM
MRD8 I knew when I heard that only Mick, Keith & Charlie were in Paris that they were in the very early stages of recording, check out Voodoo Residue to compare what they did at the initial Voodoo Lounge sessions to what they did in Paris in November...they still have LOTS of work to do with Ronnie, Daryl and Chuck in the studio!
January 7th, 2005 05:14 PM
Riffhard That would also explain Was's earlier quote,"We can still find a thousand ways to fuck it up,but right now it sounds great." They obviously have just really started the preproduction process. It will be interesting to see how the tunes shake out though. I have faith in them this time. I really feel that Mick and Keith would like to make a "statement" album with this release. It's a safe bet that this will be the last major worldwide tour and my gut tells me that Mick's ego and Keith's rock and roll heart would like to go out in grand Stones style. Time will tell.

Riffhard
January 7th, 2005 05:24 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I really feel that Mick and Keith would like to make a "statement" album with this release. It's a safe bet that this will be the last major worldwide tour and my gut tells me that Mick's ego and Keith's rock and roll heart would like to go out in grand Stones style. Time will tell.

I'm sure of it. BUT yes, it's still too early to tell, this thing could STILL go on another 10 years or more.
January 7th, 2005 05:27 PM
Poplar
COME ON ALLREADY!
January 9th, 2005 07:32 AM
crb69 ...but the CD will be finished within a few weeks here in New York...blah blah blah, sad sad sad, gomper de gomper da, doo doo doo doo doo, On with the show, good health to you all!
January 10th, 2005 12:48 PM
jb Hopefully Ronnie is on the out and they realize they need a real guitar player, even if only for the album. Mick Taylor would be perfect at this time as he still plays as well as he did while with the band.
January 10th, 2005 12:58 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
Mick Taylor would be perfect at this time as he still plays as well as he did while with the band.

www.nordictrack.com
January 10th, 2005 01:06 PM
glencar Send him two!
January 10th, 2005 02:09 PM
Joey

<-------------Hopefully Ronnie is on the out and they realize they need a real guitar player, even if only for the album. Mick Taylor would be perfect at this time as he still plays as well as he did while with the band.
January 10th, 2005 02:11 PM
glencar Have you seen him lately? I have & I don't think he plays as well as he used to.
January 10th, 2005 02:13 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Have you seen him lately? I have & I don't think he plays as well as he used to.

Saw him 08/17/01 at the " Grand Emporium " in Kansas City !

An Outstanding & Prodigious Performance

BEST MICK TAYLOR YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 10th, 2005 02:15 PM
glencar I saw him around the same time. I was less impressed. But hey, he did have Shemekia Copeland on stage so that was nice.
January 10th, 2005 02:15 PM
telecaster
quote:
Joey wrote:

<-------------Hopefully Ronnie is on the out and they realize they need a real guitar player, even if only for the album. Mick Taylor would be perfect at this time as he still plays as well as he did while with the band.

www.maxlugar.com

www.allfours.com

www.ultimatedallas.com
January 10th, 2005 02:27 PM
Joey " But hey, he did have Shemekia Copeland on stage so that was nice. "

<---------- {{ ? }}

WTF ?

January 10th, 2005 02:28 PM
glencar She has an outstanding voice. Plus she likes "hooptees"!
January 10th, 2005 02:42 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Joey wrote:

....any sign of Mick Taylor ?!?!?!?!

Damn.... what if they put that ridiculous character named Blondie Chaplin?!? It does make sense, as he was playing a lot of guitar (fakin' or not) onstage lately.....
January 10th, 2005 02:43 PM
J.J.Flash I am becoming stupid... Jesus....
January 10th, 2005 02:44 PM
glencar It's not stupid to fear Blondie Chaplin. He's an ass. They need to axe him.
January 10th, 2005 02:45 PM
J.J.Flash Can I delete my 2 previous posts?
January 10th, 2005 02:47 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's not stupid to fear Blondie Chaplin. He's an ass. They need to axe him.

Yes indeed my Blue....but I think I have typed nonsense stuff..... cause this board never been the same since Little Babe Steel Magnolia has been gone....
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
January 10th, 2005 02:51 PM
glencar We're all sad about that. He seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.
January 10th, 2005 02:57 PM
J.J.Flash He is a Tony also.... like Tony Montana..... nobody can beat him....
January 10th, 2005 03:10 PM
jb
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
He is a Tony also.... like Tony Montana..... nobody can beat him....

You can delete your own posts.
January 10th, 2005 03:13 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
jb wrote:
You can delete your own posts.

Thank you Josh
January 10th, 2005 03:14 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
He is a Tony also.... like Tony Montana..... nobody can beat him....

January 10th, 2005 03:24 PM
jb
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

You can delete this if you want.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood