ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2005 Frank Trapper
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ryan Adams song about Keef Return to archive
January 7th, 2005 10:41 AM
Richard E Manual It has probably been posted on here before but if it hasn't heres a funny little tribute to "the Man".

http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2K9HY3F3YP5IA0GTUQ5NTYKLAH
January 7th, 2005 11:42 AM
glencar TIA.
January 7th, 2005 05:39 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox Long time no talk Richard E. Word is that Dave Wannstedt is set to name David Walker as running backs coach. Any thoughts?
January 7th, 2005 08:10 PM
Richard E Manual I would rather have Doak Walker coach the RBs but the more Daves on the coaching staff the better. If he can do what he has done in the past at Syracuse with Pitt's RBs I think Pitt's ground game will be great.

"I may not go down in history but I will go down on your sister" The David Lee Roth
January 8th, 2005 06:36 PM
Make It Funky Dude.. Thanks for that Ryan Adams track.. I really like it!! I mean, Im sure we've all portrayed those feelings in this song, but it really works, the phrasing, like is how the hook chorus "Ain't nothing like gettin' sto~ned to the Ro~llin' Sto~nes...". I can't the song out of my head.
Cheers!
January 8th, 2005 07:01 PM
Saint Sway that RULES! Where can I buy a copy of this??

I think I just found some new signatures....

"sittin around thinkin about Keith all day long. Gettin stoned. Thinkin about how he played guitar."

"nothing like getting stoned to the rollin stones"

"go get my copy of Let It Bleed, I got some papers and weed"

"aint nothin like gettin high and listening to Love You Live. Makin out with a movie star"
January 8th, 2005 07:20 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
that RULES! Where can I buy a copy of this??

I think I just found some new signatures....

"sittin around thinkin about Keith all day long. Gettin stoned. Thinkin about how he played guitar."

"nothing like getting stoned to the rollin stones"

"go get my copy of Let It Bleed, I got some papers and weed"

"aint nothin like gettin high and listening to Love You Live. Makin out with a movie star"

Can someone please send Ryan Adams to a course on lyrics writing 101 - asap?

Thanks!
January 8th, 2005 10:55 PM
Richard E Manual
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

Can someone please send Ryan Adams to a course on lyrics writing 101 - asap?

Thanks!

Personally I think he is one of the best song writers out now. That may not be saying much with the music being the way it is now. Even though it seems like he does borrow heavily from writers of the past but who doesn't.
January 9th, 2005 01:37 AM
Make It Funky Yes, I totally agree. His poetic lyricism is all above board. The way he writes is the way "we" talk. We all say "Rolling Stones" the same exact way he sings it - and vice versa. And thats key to writing. even more so, the music totally fits to the way he phrases that line. Its ingenious!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously, whoever it is, you fail to appreciate the quality of his writing and phrasing. (which is okay.. we can't all be musically intuitive!! no worries!!) :-)

cheers. I can't wait to see Ryan Adams. I'd request this "song for keith" if I were there. Brilliant tune. (objectively speaking). This song totally inspires me to buy his records. I love his chord-progressions. Who is Ryan Adams!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I need more info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 9th, 2005 12:04 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Make It Funky wrote:
Yes, I totally agree. His poetic lyricism is all above board. The way he writes is the way "we" talk. We all say "Rolling Stones" the same exact way he sings it - and vice versa. And thats key to writing.

Ummmm - I don't think I need to bother making an effort to argue with you. All I shall do is let this inane statement speak for itself....

[quote]even more so, the music totally fits to the way he phrases that line. Its ingenious!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously, whoever it is, you fail to appreciate the quality of his writing and phrasing. (which is okay.. we can't all be musically intuitive!! no worries!!) :-)[quote]

blank stare...

I hear people say that Ryan is the stupid man's Jeff Tweedy, but I wouldn't want to insult Jeff. Once again - those lyrics are lame, obvious, and devoid of art and wit.

[Edited by not bound to please]
January 9th, 2005 01:13 PM
Saint Sway
quote:

Once again - those lyrics are lame, obvious, and devoid of art and wit.

lighten up Francis. It wasnt meant to be art. Its just a silly song.

emphasis on silly.
January 10th, 2005 10:26 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

lighten up Francis. It wasnt meant to be art. Its just a silly song.

emphasis on silly.

What part of "the lyrics are lame and Ryan Adams is as smart as a box of rocks" did you two mongoloids not understand?

Thank you and have a nice day!
January 10th, 2005 04:02 PM
Richard E Manual
quote:

I hear people say that Ryan is the stupid man's Jeff Tweedy, but I wouldn't want to insult Jeff. Once again - those lyrics are lame, obvious, and devoid of art and wit.

[Edited by not bound to please]

I guess that's why he is compared to a young Neil Young, Gram Parsons, Bruce and Even Dylan. He also has played with the likes of the Stones, Elton John, Eric Clapto, Adam Duritz etc. I guess they must all be mongaloids too. It's just my opinion that he is very talented and it seems like others share that opinion but each is entitled to their own opinion.

Also I've listened to a lot of Wilco and seen them live and I don't see why Tweedy gets as much praise as he does.
January 10th, 2005 04:06 PM
Saint Sway hey Richard E Manuel,
have you heard the Drive By Truckers song "Danko And Manuel" ?

good tune. check it out. its on their new record "Dirty South"
January 10th, 2005 04:46 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Richard E Manual wrote:

I guess that's why he is compared to a young Neil Young, Gram Parsons, Bruce and Even Dylan. He also has played with the likes of the Stones, Elton John, Eric Clapto, Adam Duritz etc. I guess they must all be mongaloids too. It's just my opinion that he is very talented and it seems like others share that opinion but each is entitled to their own opinion.

Also I've listened to a lot of Wilco and seen them live and I don't see why Tweedy gets as much praise as he does.

Ryan - put the bloody bottle down and get offline...
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood