ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2005 Frank Trapper
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Solomon Burke on Live Licks Return to archive
January 6th, 2005 08:30 PM
Steel Wheels What a tremendous rendition of Everybody Needs Somebody To Love. The Stones can swing, and swing mighty they do on this. Mick sounds great! When Mr. Burke praises the mighty Rolling Stones, it's a trill. The crowd, the band, all just totally juiced.
January 6th, 2005 08:46 PM
luxury1 I agree, SW!! I just heard it for the first time today. I think Charlie and Mick both love that one.
January 7th, 2005 08:46 AM
gimmekeef I agree its a great version ....but I kinda think Burke kissin the Stones ass verbally was a bit much...
January 7th, 2005 02:35 PM
voodoopug I thought it was horrible. I dont mind guest spots sometimes, but sing the damn song, i could care less about hearing S. Burke doing the old "Kneel and Bob" dance aver the Stones. Say a comment at the end of the tune if you would like or even before it starts. Would have much rather had the Circus Krone Version of Cant Turn You Loose or Love Train in that spot. Embarrassing choice!
January 7th, 2005 06:17 PM
glencar I like it myself. I got to see SB open for the Stones in Vegas & he was mighty entertaining.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood