ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2005 Frank Trapper
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today header: Mike M. Koshitani Return to archive
January 5th, 2005 11:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl It’s a honor for us to put such a header because it has not just a great and dedicated fan, but this is a real expert in the Rolling Stones and rock in general.

In addition a very nice guy!

* Back in 1965 he founded the Japanese Fan Club

* He wrote the book "Stones Complete" I think you can order it here... Thanks Nico!

* He runs or collaborates with the "Stones Magic Café" in Japan

* He has written many liner notes for Rolling Stones and related CDs and DVDs including No Security, Four Flicks and Rocks & roll Circus, Mick Taylor, Ian McLagan, Marianne Faithful between others.

* He wrote the book “The Works of Elvis Presley” and the liner notes of the CD “Love Letters from Elvis (1999) - Elvis Presley

* He has conducted several interviews to the Stones (see today's header)

* But listen fellas hehe he also made the liner notes for "Look of Love (1967) - Claudine Longet" you know what I mean the Rolling Stones wrote the songs “Claudine” dedicated to this Claudine.
January 5th, 2005 11:47 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Oops he also got something to do with the GREAT Japanese Stones fanzine "Stone People"

January 6th, 2005 12:09 AM
Riffhard What a great shot! I tell ya Keith certainly looks his age,if not older,but he still knows how to project "cool" like nobody else.

That picture reminds me of the great quote by Charlie-"Keith is the only man I know who could wear a bathrobe to a black tie affair and make it look fashionable."

When was this picture taken Gerardo? My guess would be the Japanese leg of the Licks Tour in '03?

Riffhard
[Edited by Riffhard]
January 6th, 2005 12:32 AM
Madafaka Nice shot!
January 6th, 2005 05:45 AM
Nellcote Wicked Pissa photo. Hey Riffy, I met John Fogerty in September @ Live By Request taping in Jersey. Keith looks loads better than him!
January 6th, 2005 06:45 AM
luxury1 YEah, I thought the same thing guys. It is such a great photo. THey all look pretty cool. Love the colors. YEs, when was this taken?
January 6th, 2005 03:17 PM
jb Keith looks dreadful.....
January 6th, 2005 03:42 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Wicked Pissa photo. Hey Riffy, I met John Fogerty in September @ Live By Request taping in Jersey. Keith looks loads better than him!

Hey Nelly when you met Fogerty was he nice or a prick? I have heard contradictory reports about how cool the guy is. Lord knows hardly anyone who has ever worked for the guy liked him. He has pissed off alot of folks in the "business".

I saw him a few years back in Jersey during his "Blue Moon Swamp" (?) Tour. He was actully very good in concert,but you're right. He looks like hell.

Riffhard
January 6th, 2005 03:44 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
That picture reminds me of the great quote by Charlie-"Keith is the only man I know who could wear a bathrobe to a black tie affair and make it look fashionable."

SO TRUE. Thats a GREAT QUOTE!! Thanx
January 6th, 2005 04:27 PM
Nellcote Riffy;

I got picked as one of 12 to do the walk in to the theatre with Fogerty, so, in true Stones fashion, I manuvered my way to the front, at the 3rd take, to get to meet him. I had my "Keith Richard for President" shirt on at the time. Fogerty was about to go out on the Vote for Change Tour, so, I was primed for bear. During the filimg of the intro, he walked toward me, we shook hands, we talked for a moment, then I told him "Forget Kerry, I'm from Mass, he's a putz, Vote For Keith!" pointed at my shirt. He looked at me rather startled, shook his head and walked away. He had a really bad die job in his hair, had the "I stole Johnny Cash's clothes" look. I would say he needs wardrobe assistance. The show was primo.
January 6th, 2005 05:08 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Riffy;

I got picked as one of 12 to do the walk in to the theatre with Fogerty, so, in true Stones fashion, I manuvered my way to the front, at the 3rd take, to get to meet him. I had my "Keith Richard for President" shirt on at the time. Fogerty was about to go out on the Vote for Change Tour, so, I was primed for bear. During the filimg of the intro, he walked toward me, we shook hands, we talked for a moment, then I told him "Forget Kerry, I'm from Mass, he's a putz, Vote For Keith!" pointed at my shirt. He looked at me rather startled, shook his head and walked away. He had a really bad die job in his hair, had the "I stole Johnny Cash's clothes" look. I would say he needs wardrobe assistance. The show was primo.

LOL! Great story Nelly. I think I'd chalk that story up in the "He's an asshole" column. As for the "man in black" wardrobe. Right you are. He was sportin' that same look when I saw him. As far as I'm concerned there are only two people that have ever pulled that look off convincingly. Sadly they are both dead now. Johnny Cash and the Big "O" Roy Orbison.

How was the show though?

Riffhard
January 6th, 2005 05:44 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
When was this picture taken Gerardo? My guess would be the Japanese leg of the Licks Tour in '03?

You're 100% right the exact date is March 10, 2003 before the great Budokan gig
January 6th, 2005 05:48 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I just changed the header to add the date and venue
January 6th, 2005 06:01 PM
Nellcote Riffy, the show was the balls. 2nd time for me for Fogerty, he was sizzling. Typical live TV gig, with too many breaks, annoucements, however, Fogerty handled it all well. He is much like a jukebox, hits just keep coming His backing band was crack, Billy Burnett with him. Contact MRD8 for a copy of it.
January 6th, 2005 07:35 PM
Steel Wheels Man, what a great header. Keef looks like rock and roll. So cool, so hip. Keef, God love ya.
January 6th, 2005 11:04 PM
seclusion Keith looks older than dirt.
January 7th, 2005 03:05 AM
Riffhard
quote:
seclusion wrote:
Keith looks older than dirt.

Maybe so,but he looks cooler than dirt as well,no?

Riffhard
January 7th, 2005 07:32 AM
caro Keith looks as cool as ever, and I kind of admire the photographer for taking this shot, 'coz if Keith had looked at me like that, I would've been far too busy gazing back at him with a large stupid smile on my face to even think of grabbing my camera.
January 7th, 2005 07:56 AM
FotiniD
quote:
caro wrote:
Keith looks as cool as ever, and I kind of admire the photographer for taking this shot, 'coz if Keith had looked at me like that, I would've been far too busy gazing back at him with a large stupid smile on my face to even think of grabbing my camera.

Haha, to say the least my dear Caro, to say the least He looks wicked and cool as ever, indeed.

And Woody's funny face as always... Oh dear, why do tours take so long in between?!? I need to see them and listen to them all in action right now!

Ah, lucky Mike Koshitani... Well deserved of course..
Great photo! Thanks a lot!
January 7th, 2005 08:53 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Mike M Koshitani and friends!
Before the Budokan Show - Tokyo - March 10, 2003
January 7th, 2005 01:01 PM
seclusion Maybe so, but he looks cooler than dirt as well, no?

Well, "cool" is in his name, so I didn't want to be redundant. I can't see how he could look much older... I mean my dad was 82 and he looked younger than Keith. But we all know about Keith's lifestyle... dada..dada...dada. He also looks tougher than dirt! Ronnie looks a wreck in the photo, imo. Voodoo, you have some friends in "high places" (no pun intended).
[Edited by seclusion]
January 7th, 2005 01:10 PM
J.J.Flash Seclusion, you've got e-mail!
January 7th, 2005 05:06 PM
seclusion Hey J.J.Flash, just sent you an email.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood