ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2005 Frank Trapper
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2 has postponed tour. Will it affect Stones? Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 5th, 2005 07:50 PM
Bob Tamp According to Rollingstone.com, U2 has postponed tour citing a family illness. No other details were given. Could this affect the kick off of the Stones tour?
January 5th, 2005 08:08 PM
glencar I think the Stones will go when they go. U2 will have to wait their turn.
January 5th, 2005 08:16 PM
Nellcote Probably because they did not get the Super Bowl gig, as the lost out to Angela Lansbury
January 5th, 2005 08:54 PM
Gazza U2 have postponed their much-anticipated tour behind How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, originally scheduled to kick off March 1st in Miami. "All of the plans are in total flux," a source close to the band told Rolling Stone, citing a family illness as the reason for the change. Tour dates were to be announced and go on sale this month, but those plans have been delayed.
The band, which is nominated for three Grammys for the single "Vertigo," still intends to play the February 13th awards ceremony in Los Angeles and to attend its induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame on March 14th in New York. However, a new timeline for the tour has not been set.

According to longtime tour designer Willie Williams, the tour's stage and video screens are in the process of being built. "We are developing some new technologies to deliver visual content," he told Rolling Stone.

U2's last world tour, in support of All That You Can't Leave Behind, made them the top-grossing act of 2001.

BRIAN HIATT
(Posted Jan 05, 2005)

If theyre still able to go ahead a couple of months later, I would imagine they'll keep the European leg the same which is scheduled for the summer, because they simply wont be able to play those stadium shows at any time BUT the summer

The first US leg would then have to take place in the autumn, which would be at the same time as the start of the Stones tour. They sure as hell wont leave it until 2006. They were planning to return to the US in late 2005 anyway.

I cant imagine it'll affect the Stones touring plans. It's U2's problem, not the Stones. However, if theyre touring the same market at the same time, it'll affect both of their ticket sales.

Maybe the Stones will reduce their ticket prices to take account of the competition. I wouldnt hold my breath, though!

Of course, it could be that whatever problem there is is resolved before the summer so maybe this would just mean them having to rearrange some of the early dates on the American tour. A bit early to say how much disruption that'll be.
[Edited by Gazza]
January 5th, 2005 09:25 PM
gotdablouse The reason given sounds a bit lime "musical differences" to me, can't really see how a "family illness" would affect the tour that badly ? I mean they're a 100% right to cancel/delay if they feel it's necessary, just sounds odd at first glance and not very much in the "show must go on" tradition of veteran performers.
January 5th, 2005 09:30 PM
Steel Wheels I think it's because they all sat down and listened to their latest album and quickly fell asleep.
January 5th, 2005 09:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
The reason given sounds a bit lime "musical differences" to me, can't really see how a "family illness" would affect the tour that badly ? I mean they're a 100% right to cancel/delay if they feel it's necessary, just sounds odd at first glance and not very much in the "show must go on" tradition of veteran performers.

how about a close family member being terminally ill??
January 5th, 2005 09:40 PM
Poplar
Interesting news... we'll see i guess. still, it sucks, cause they put on a fantastic show.
January 6th, 2005 06:22 AM
gotdablouse
quote:
Gazza wrote:

how about a close family member being terminally ill??

Sure, I mean don't get me wrong, kudos to them for doing what they've got to do, but it just sounds unexpected, maybe they'll give more info in the coming weeks.
January 6th, 2005 08:33 AM
gimmekeef Lets just hope whoever is ill gets better.....
January 6th, 2005 09:42 AM
Joey " Family illness pushes back "Bomb" trek "

" U2 have postponed their much-anticipated tour behind How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, originally scheduled to kick off March 1st in Miami. "All of the plans are in total flux," a source close to the band told Rolling Stone, citing a family illness as the reason for the change. Tour dates were to be announced and go on sale this month, but those plans have been delayed.

The band, which is nominated for three Grammys for the single "Vertigo," still intends to play the February 13th awards ceremony in Los Angeles and to attend its induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame on March 14th in New York. However, a new timeline for the tour has not been set.

According to longtime tour designer Willie Williams, the tour's stage and video screens are in the process of being built. "We are developing some new technologies to deliver visual content," he told Rolling Stone.

U2's last world tour, in support of All That You Can't Leave Behind, made them the top-grossing act of 2001. "

http://www.interference.com/u2108606/index.html

January 6th, 2005 09:50 AM
jb Great news!!! Hope it is permanent as Bono is a twat!!!!
January 6th, 2005 10:15 AM
UGot2Rollme Bono is a saviour

I can't wait to see them on tour, though I must admit "Bomb" is dissapointing - I think "Pop" might even be a better effort.
January 6th, 2005 11:03 AM
jb U2 has been elevated to "the biggest band in the world" despite the fact they have very little talent and even less class....they are pretenders, yet through savy media usage, and magazines like Spin, Q, Mojo, NME, they have been forced upon us despite thier utter futulity...
January 6th, 2005 11:13 AM
Martha Come on jb, Bono is a great singer and lyricist. You may not like his bravado, but he does have talent.

I hope whoever is ill in their family will be ok. Unfortunately illness comes when it comes....you cannot schedule it.
January 6th, 2005 11:30 AM
jb
quote:
Martha wrote:
Come on jb, Bono is a great singer and lyricist. You may not like his bravado, but he does have talent.

I hope whoever is ill in their family will be ok. Unfortunately illness comes when it comes....you cannot schedule it.

I wish no one illness.....I just hope their tour is canceled or isa failure...they have humiliated the Stones numerous times(see Bono interview on Larry King live) and they have conned the public into thinking that they are somehow something more than a left-overf 80's techno band with a one trick pony sound...they must be stopped!!!!!!
January 6th, 2005 12:00 PM
Gazza >I wish no one illness.....I just hope their tour is canceled or isa failure...they have humiliated the Stones numerous times(see Bono interview on Larry King live) and they have conned the public into thinking that they are somehow something more than a left-overf 80's techno band with a one trick pony sound...they must be stopped!!!!!!

[Edited by Gazza]
January 6th, 2005 12:26 PM
glencar I am copying every U2 CD I own (even POP!) & sending them to Joshy so he can wallow in his obsession even more.
January 6th, 2005 01:08 PM
Dan Sounds like someone was enjoying the album launch parties a bit too much and now has to be sent away for a bit.
January 6th, 2005 01:15 PM
Martha jb, HOWE will you stop them? Please show us your plans!
January 6th, 2005 01:18 PM
jb
quote:
Martha wrote:
jb, HOWE will you stop them? Please show us your plans!

I can't literally stop them, but I will not participate in any "Rocks_off" get togethers at the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale shows if anyone in attendance has attended a U2 show...I will sit in the parking lot in either my AMG Mercedes and or Porsche cayenne Turbo(102k) and play Taylor era boots by myself.....
January 6th, 2005 01:23 PM
glencar There are going to be get-togthers in FLA?
January 6th, 2005 02:41 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
There are going to be get-togthers in FLA?

Yes....Office Deopot Center near Sawgrass Mall in Sunrise Floria........I will be near the Neimans outlet center.
January 6th, 2005 02:54 PM
glencar See ya there!
January 6th, 2005 03:10 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I can't literally stop them, but I will not participate in any "Rocks_off" get togethers at the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale shows if anyone in attendance has attended a U2 show...

You make Joey weep and shit liquid !

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

Why do you make the Joey use so much toilet paper ?

WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!

Tiger ! ™
January 6th, 2005 03:22 PM
jb Try disposable wipes................>
January 6th, 2005 03:35 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Try disposable wipes................>

" Any tough can fight, few can play.
Any fool can fall, few can lay.
Any stud can reproduce, few can please.
Any boy can pay a bill,you can tease.

I just wana be popular
I just wana be popular
I don't really care who you are
I just wana be popular

Any man can claim, few can find.
Any girl can blink, few can lie.
Any soul can sleep--few can die.
Any wimp can weep--few can cry.

I just wana be popular
I just wana be popular
I don't realy care who you are
I just wana be popular

I wana be more popular than the rest
I'll do anything anything to impress
Everyone is average but I just wanna be the best
Everything thing I do has to be a fact of interest
Popular
I want to be popular
I just gotta be popular
Popular................................."

Fade to Baby Steel Magnolia !

January 6th, 2005 03:44 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
I can't literally stop them, but I will not participate in any "Rocks_off" get togethers at the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale shows if anyone in attendance has attended a U2 show...I will sit in the parking lot in either my AMG Mercedes and or Porsche cayenne Turbo(102k) and play Taylor era boots by myself.....

Shades of Hammer at RRHOF. Except he was passed out in his '82 AMC Pacer with his pants down around his ankles.
January 6th, 2005 04:01 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Shades of Hammer at RRHOF. Except he was passed out in his '82 AMC Pacer with his pants down around his ankles.

Funny stuff Moonie!!!
January 6th, 2005 04:11 PM
Joey Funny stuff Moonie!!!
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood