ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2005 Frank Trapper
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: renaming Steel Wheels Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 6th, 2005 02:17 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
First of all you can keep "Blinded by Love."

Matt has been out of the loop for a long, long time. I believe he may have made the transition.

LJ.

chttp://www.lgmc.org.uk/links.html
January 6th, 2005 02:30 PM
LadyJane OMG...LMAO..If I get fired for visiting Gay websites, YOU are hiring me, joshy!!!!

LJ.
January 6th, 2005 02:32 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
OMG...LMAO..If I get fired for visiting Gay websites, YOU are hiring me, joshy!!!!

LJ.

Buffalo is a very progressive city..I'm sure they are very tolerant of Gay and lesbians.....
January 6th, 2005 02:37 PM
LadyJane Buffalo may be tolerant, but I doubt my Office Manager would be!!! Besides, we are experiencing high winds and sleet at the moment...I need a retreat to the Sunshine State.

LJ.
January 6th, 2005 02:46 PM
Nellcote LJ; you must resist the temptation of clicking the link.
You never know the road you will travel from a JB link..
Has Baby Drew packed the family back to Montana yet?
I was ringing the bell for Salvation Army one night, he smirked when he walked by, I almost tripped him!
When he came to Foxboro to play the Pats last fall, not only did he get his clocked cleaned, he had to endure Curt Schilling walk out on the field with the World Series trophy. Schilling bought Baby Drew's love shack here, where Drew had to reduce the price by 2 mil! Drew was not smiling, and I'm sure he's not much liked in Western NY..
January 6th, 2005 02:52 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I'm listening to SW right now and it sounds just fine to me. Better than Bridges, IMHO.

LJ.

I think it's on a par with BTB & both are well ahead of the drivel that is Voodoo Lounge.
January 6th, 2005 02:56 PM
LadyJane Words of wisdom Nelly. I must resist jb's temptation.

Baby Drew IMO sucked in the game against the Steelers. His post game sorry ass excuses were pathetic.

Buffalo is divided...as witnessed at my own families's New Year's Day gathering. (Mind you I was barely conscious.) Two cousins going at it about Bledsoe. I thought the potatoes were about to start flying. Ahhh...a fine Irish gathering.

LJ.

January 6th, 2005 02:59 PM
Nellcote He's a good person, his skills have deteriorated rapidly.
Frankly, it's more the management of the team for not seeing this talent demise at the end of his time here.
They probably based their decision on the '02 Pats vs. Steelers playoff, when Brady went down, Drew came in, took the Pats to the Super Bowl, GM's love that glow, but they get suckered in all the time.
January 6th, 2005 03:00 PM
gypsy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Buffalo may be tolerant, but I doubt my Office Manager would be!!! Besides, we are experiencing high winds and sleet at the moment...I need a retreat to the Sunshine State.

LJ.

I say we "Thelma & Louise" it down to Florida!
January 6th, 2005 03:02 PM
glencar Will Bloozy play the Brad Pitt role?
January 6th, 2005 03:04 PM
LadyJane
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I say we "Thelma & Louise" it down to Florida!

Gypsy..you are a Brilliant woman. We'd leave quite a path of broken hearts along the way!!!!!

Let's GO!!!!!!!

LJ.
January 6th, 2005 03:04 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
Will Bloozy play the Brad Pitt role?

A resounding NO WAY from both of us!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
January 6th, 2005 04:04 PM
parmeda This is for Saint

>"Parmeda, if you look back at that thread you'll see that I never called you a loser. I'm truly sorry if you misconstrued my comments about how much I think Rod Stewart blows into thinking I was personally insulting you. That wasnt the intentions of my post."<

No appologies are needed, my friend. I stand corrected, you did not call me a "loser", yet you referenced something about being "fooled"...it doesn't matter. You, as well, could look back at that thread and see that I explained my original post was directed towards jb, hence my response was intended to pull his chain. (If you haven't noticed, I like to do that to him...he allows it...I therefore will run-with-it given the chance.)

>"I just think Rod Stewart has become really, really lame. In fact his over produced, glossy, cookie-cutter wanna-be radio hits are right in line with the music on Steel Wheels. So I can see why I'm reading in this post that people that like Steel Wheels would also be fans of someone whose put out "Love Touch", "Young Turks", "Lost In You" and "Some Guys Have All The Luck". Its all the same crap IMO."<

You are absolutely correct if this is what you firmly believe. I for one, can never tell you, or anyone else how to interpret what fancies your musical tastes. I wouldn't begin to try. I personally take pride in the fact that I consider myself to be multi-cultured. There is very little, music-wise, that I don't enjoy exposing myself to. I also take pride in the fact that I've been fortunate enough, since the age of 16, to see many, many performers in the past 28 years...only to have countless chances yet again, to see some of those same performers "come full circle" so to speak... Rod, being one of them.

>"Thing is, is that I hold the Stones to a much, much higher standard than Rod Stewart. So I find Steel Wheels to be such a huge dissapointment. I was psyched when it came out and I loved the tour (still do) but the record just no longer holds up for me. The records that predated it - Dirty Work & Talk Is Cheap - and the album that followed it - Voodoo Lounge - have much more true Stones style rock songs on them than anywhere on Steel Wheels. Today, the record seems so out of left field for the Stones. It really pains me to listen to it. I just cringe."<

Darlin', you are not alone...
'Cause if you think for one split second that ANYONE could change my opinion on the Stones, think again! There isn't enough time, nor do I have the energy to even begin to tell you what this band means to me. As long and as deep as Keith's wrinkles...as long as the electricity emotes from Mick...and for as long as I can tap my toes & shake my ass to Charlie's skins...there will never be a replacement in my mind or my heart, for the number one spot in my soul.

>"But music is subjective. To each their own."<

Amen!

>"peace"<

...Thank you, and to you as well.
January 6th, 2005 04:06 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Will Bloozy play the Brad Pitt role?

He'll play the rapist who gets shot.
January 6th, 2005 04:29 PM
jb Neither one of them has aged well..unlike , say, Cheryl Ladd, Jaqueline Smith, Susan Lucci, Linda gray, Victoria Pricipal, Zsa Zsa Garbor.
January 6th, 2005 08:38 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I dont know what possessed me... but I decided to give "Steel Wheels" a spin. Its been ages since I've listened to it and, well...

IT IS HORRENDOUS. Garbage. Unlistenable. Embarrassing.

I am renaming it "Steel Coaster" because thats all its good for.

now I need a beer chaser and Sticky Fingers cranked at full volume to wash the horrible taste out of my mind

it is my least favorite of them all (but i still have yet to bring myself to listen to bridges or no security)...
January 6th, 2005 09:03 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
gypsy wrote:

He'll play the rapist who gets shot.

better idea, I'll play the convertable and you two can ride me over a cliff
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood