ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Everybody seems to be ready... Are you ready?

© Baron Wolman, from the 40x20 Exhibition, now on world tour!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Info about songs? Return to archive
01-14-03 05:04 AM
beer Can anyone give some details about these songs (Where, when, who played what??)

"Travelin Man"

"Leather Jacket"

"Dancin in the light"

"Potted Shrimp"

"Alladin Story"

"And I was a country boy"

"Who am I?"

Also, does anyone else think that the intro to "Alladin
Story" sounds sorta like "Paint it black"?

[Edited by beer]
01-14-03 05:17 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
beer wrote:
Can anyone give some details about these songs (Where, when, who played what??)

"Travelin Man"

"Leather Jacket"

"Dancin in the light"

"Potted Shrimp"

"Alladin Story"

"And I was a country boy"

"Who am I?"

Also, does anyone else think that the intro to "Alladin
Story" sounds sorta like "Paint it black"?

[Edited by beer]

You've obviously been listening to 'Hillside Blues' eh? All I know is that they are from The Exile period, and as far as I know were mostly recorded at The Elektra studios in Hollywood, the only additional info on personnel I have is that Nicky Hopkins played on these tracks, and they were produced by Jimmy Miller. They were recorded in November/December 1971.
01-14-03 07:01 AM
beer You guessed it Gypsymofo60. Thank ya! so they were most likely recorded during the overdubs for the Exile sessions in LA, eh? Damn, some of these instrumentals coulda been amazing if Jagger would have thrown a vocal track down, huh? Oh well, theyre still great. Thanks GM60, and SS!!
[Edited by beer]
01-14-03 07:47 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
beer wrote:
You guessed it Gypsymofo60. Thank ya! so they were most likely recorded during the overdubs for the Exile sessions in LA, eh? Damn, some of these instrumentals coulda been amazing if Jagger would have thrown a vocal track down, huh? Oh well, theyre still great. Thanks GM60, and SS!!
[Edited by beer]

Yeah! a Jagger vocal on those tracks woulda been something indeed, you're right about 'Aladdin Story' too, the intro is very much like 'Paint It Black'. If only there hadn't been all that animosity with Klein, I'm sure we would have gotten more of these type of songs officialy released, ie: An official 'Black Box', instead of an inferior 'Metamorphosis'. Have you ever heard of the songs 'Wish A Woman', and 'Tall& Slender Blondes'?

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST