ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Everybody seems to be ready... Are you ready?

© Baron Wolman, from the 40x20 Exhibition, now on world tour!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: UK DATES Return to archive
01-13-03 10:38 AM
SERGEI For those that are interested if they add extra uk dates they will be as following -

25.8.2003 - twickenham
1.9.2003 - Either another Wembley arena or a show in Belguim

plus rehearsals will start in munich on 1st june
01-13-03 10:40 AM
nankerphelge you da man
01-13-03 12:39 PM
Scot Rocks Thanks again for the info Sergei, however if this is the case it is fucking shit. 5 shows maximum in one city of a country of 60million, WTF!!! I was looking at packages in the papers, for twickenham, £165, for 2 nights hotel and £55 seat and there is the event travel offer as well. It will be time to make a decision soon, should I wait for extra dates to be announced or book one of these things. Frankly, I am just fuckin angry, that London is the only place that they will be playing in the UK and no Ireland dates at all. That is very sad and dissapointing, obviously there is no consideration to fans in choosing venues. One other thing why is the UK the only country in europe with all seating at stadium and arenas?

"Sad Sad Sad..."

Mark
01-13-03 01:39 PM
SERGEI From what i'm hearing a 2nd twickenham is more likely than another wembley
01-13-03 02:02 PM
erikjjf Location for Munich rehearsals, same as in 1998?
01-13-03 03:45 PM
Honky Tonk Man Mark, Wembley Arena has a Standing Section as well. Though for the Stones it seems to be all seated.

Perhaps they are thinking of the average, LOL

Alex
01-13-03 03:46 PM
Honky Tonk Man Mark, Wembley Arena has a Standing Section as well. Though for the Stones it seems to be all seated. I beleive Wembley had a fronr pit section for standing when the Stones played there last in 1999

Alex

01-13-03 04:45 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Mark, Wembley Arena has a Standing Section as well. Though for the Stones it seems to be all seated. I beleive Wembley had a fronr pit section for standing when the Stones played there last in 1999

Alex

Yeah, they did have a standing pitch in 99, but they played Wembley Stadium....they'll now play Wembley Arena...and it's all seated...well, better be for 150 GBP
01-13-03 06:37 PM
Honky Tonk Man Wembley Arena is NOT all seated. But for some bizzare reason its ALL seated for the Stones Show there.

Alex
01-13-03 11:45 PM
Bluzian Thanks fellas..

But *WHEN* do these extra tix go on sale!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Cheers
Ian in Canada
01-14-03 02:41 PM
Gazza >Wembley Arena is NOT all seated. But for some bizzare reason its ALL seated for the Stones Show there.

any time I've seen a show there its been all-seated. It solely depends on the artist as to whether they want to keep the audience comfortable or cram as many in as they can get away with.

01-14-03 02:46 PM
Moonisup standing is always more fun then seated
01-14-03 03:05 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
standing is always more fun then seated

No, we can hit people with our chairs..:-))

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST