ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Everybody seems to be ready... Are you ready?

© Baron Wolman, from the 40x20 Exhibition, now on world tour!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why mentioning all dead popstars? Return to archive
01-13-03 06:06 AM
F505 yeah why? In most cases they've nothing to do with the Stones. Although it is sad I don't see the point in (for example) remembring Maurice Gibb on a Rolling Stones site. Where does it end? Are we going to recall Garry Glitter when he dies? Or Tom Jones? Or James Last?
01-13-03 08:23 AM
Honky Tonk Man Beacase its to do with music and its very sad to see these people die. The world does not revolve around the fucking Rolling Stones. Theres more to it.

Alex
01-13-03 08:39 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Beacase its to do with music and its very sad to see these people die. The world does not revolve around the fucking Rolling Stones. Theres more to it.

Right on the mark Alex. This is not an isolated vacuum, otherwise it'd be meaningless.
01-13-03 08:47 AM
Factory Girl Alex and Fotini D.-you guys nailed it. I'm honored to have you guys as fellow Stones fans. Its all about the music.
01-13-03 09:10 AM
F505 Beacase its to do with music and its very sad to see these people die. The world does not revolve around the fucking Rolling Stones. Theres more to it.

I admitted already that it is sad. Please read! And no the music doesn't revolve around the (why fucking?) Rolling Stones. But what if Garry Glitter dies, to return to my statement. Are we going to remember him too? "Because it has to do with music" is very vague. And not everything what has to do with music is worth mentioning i.m.o.
01-13-03 09:13 AM
JumpinJackFlash How about, "Why piss and moan about someone elses post about dead rock star's."
01-13-03 09:20 AM
F505 Piss and moan??? I asked a critical question. Maybe you can just answer it.
01-13-03 10:58 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I agree Maurice is not Stones related was a musician and is dead, has nothing to do with the Rolling Stones. But my point is why do we need three threads for the same topic?

Next time please try to post all in the same thread, this is good for all of us.
01-13-03 11:48 AM
L&A Maybe we should open one permanent thread for the death announcements, one for the weddings, one for the births, etc...

(as fan of the RS, we are more exposed to receive news for the first one...)
01-13-03 12:43 PM
JumpinJackFlash Ha, I was just busting your ball's F505, really, but what hell, topic's are topic's, it beat's talking about some birth mark Keith or mick has on their left nut or something.
01-13-03 01:11 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
JumpinJackFlash wrote:
Ha, I was just busting your ball's F505, really, but what hell, topic's are topic's, it beat's talking about some birth mark Keith or mick has on their left nut or something.

I think you have to go to Stonesdoug's board for that stuff....
01-13-03 01:29 PM
gypsy Dande, your avatar has really grown on me. I was like 5 or 6 when that God-awful movie came out (Maurice was in it). Believe it or not, my sister and I loved that movie (Remember: I was only 5 or 6). My parents took me to see it about a dozen times. My sister and I saw it on TV not too long ago, and looked at each other like "what in the hell were we thinking?!" Anyways, we totally realized at that moment just how much our parents love us...by sitting through that movie so many times.
01-13-03 06:24 PM
Prodigal Son People remember because they can be fans of other bands. As much as JB shuns it, people on this board are allowed to express their interest in other groups such as the (gasp) Beatles or Bee Gees.
01-14-03 02:35 AM
FotiniD
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I agree Maurice is not Stones related was a musician and is dead, has nothing to do with the Rolling Stones. But my point is why do we need three threads for the same topic?

Next time please try to post all in the same thread, this is good for all of us.

I agree with you Voodoo, one thread should be enough. On the other hand, there are also 4-5 Pete Townshend threads going on at the same time, so...
01-14-03 05:51 AM
sonicrock let s keep it open anyway if you don t like a topic let it go down, i love the stones and i love the world around me, so i don t mind much, also i ve got no time for the 8 pm news so to me the board is a way to learn and find out about things, i find it great and alive, yeah is just easy you don t like a topic let it go down in the hole....sr

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST