ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Everybody seems to be ready... Are you ready?

© Baron Wolman, from the 40x20 Exhibition, now on world tour!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick in article talking about HBO, his production company, and future song writing Return to archive
01-11-03 09:01 PM
Boomhauer Did anybody else get the article in the Saturday paper in which Mick was interviewed by Kate O'Hare of Zap2it?

The title of the article is "Rolling Stones will perform live on HBO".

Where I live, it was on the cover of the Saturday TV Channel guide (a picture with the four members playing on stage).

I think it may be on the Zap2it website sometime in the future, but the whole point of the article was to emphasize the live show on HBO, Micks production company (Jagged Films), and how Mick wants to write for a future album.

01-13-03 02:47 PM
parmeda Here's that article Boom...

By Kate O'Hare
Zap2it

"Mick Jagger here," says the unmistakable voice on the phone.

The Rolling Stones frontman is on vacation in the sunny Caribbean, but spares a few minutes to talk about an upcoming stop on the band's current Licks World Tour 2002-2003 - that doesn't require a ticket.

On Saturday, Jan. 18, HBO presents "Rolling Stones: Live From Madison Square Garden," a two-hour-and -15-minute concert event, part of a road show that launched on Sept. 3 in Boston and will take Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood around the United States, Europe, Australia and Asia. The tour coincides with the Oct. 1 release of "Forty Licks," a two-CD collection featuring 36 classic Stones songs from the past four decades and four new tracks.

Although Jagger says the band has done pay-per-view shows before, this is the first live show for broadcast or cable. "It's always good fun doing it live," Jagger says. "The first one's live, then later on you can always tidy up the bits and pieces that you don't like, but on the day of, it's live."

Asked if he plans to change the lineup for the live show, Jagger jokes, "What, the guitar players? They can stand on different sides of the stage?"

But seriously, as to the songs the band plans to play ... "Well, I don't know what songs," Jagger says. "I honestly haven't even thought about the set list - trust you to provoke me into having to think about it while I'm on holiday.

"You've got two audiences to please. You've got the audience at home, but you've also got to please the audience at the Garden."

In a recent episode of HBO's "The Sopranos," a priest counseling a mobster paraphrases from the Stones' 1968 song "Sympathy for the Devil," asking "Were you there when Jesus Christ had his moment of doubt and pain?" "That's a good one, eh?" Jagger says. "We might do that (song on HBO). I'll have to think about the set list. We'll see, a mixture between the familiar and the not-so-familiar."

While still working with the Stones and solo, Jagger has launched a movie-producing career with his Jagged Films, beginning with the 2001 World War II drama "Enigma."

"Onwards to new things in the movie world," Jagger says. "I try and do everything else all at once, I suppose."

Jagged Films has several projects in the works, including an adaptation of "When We Were Orphans," from a novel by Kazuo Ishiguro ("The Remains of the Day"); "The Map of Love," about Welsh poet Dylan Thomas and his wife Caitlin; and "The Long Play," a co-writing project with director Martin Scorsese that takes an uncompromising look at the music industry.

All this is churning along, and somewhere in there, Jagger still has to write songs. "You have all these great ambitions that you're going to do this, that or the other," he says. "I have managed to keep afloat the ideas and the movie things, but I haven't done any songwriting.

"Some people can just do it anytime. I have to get into a mood. I need a quiet week or two to get really, fully into that creative way of thinking, so to speak. You can grab the odd moment. You won't maybe get finished things. You see so many funny things, you see so many people - there's a lot to observe when you're on tour."
01-13-03 04:23 PM
Boomhauer Thank you, Parmie.

I didn't feel like typing the whole thing because it was quite late and I was tired.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST