ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

The Bluesbreakers live on stage 1968
Happy 57th birthday Mick Taylor!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How Chuck Berry songs Stones recorded? Return to archive
January 13th, 2006 06:38 AM
Jair Would be cool to know how and which...
Thanks for any help...

PS- Probably Chuck made more money from royalties than by his own recordings...(?)
[Edited by Jair]
January 13th, 2006 07:03 AM
Gazza Nine songs that have been released :

Come On
Bye Bye Johnny
Carol
Around & Around
You Cant Catch Me
Talkin' Bout you
Litle Queenie
Let It Rock (credited to E.Anderson)
Don't Lie To Me

A further ten songs have been played live (in most cases in the 1962-64 era) but never released :

Back In The USA
Beautiful Delilah
I Can Tell
The Jaguar & the Thunderbird
Johnny B. Goode
Memphis Tennessee
Nadine
No Money Down
Roll Over Beethoven
Sweet Little Sixteen

Regarding royalties - its a thorny subject between Chuck and the Stones. Little Queenie was a regular b-stage opener on the 97-98 tour yet when they played a show that was being televised (eg Bremen 98) they often tended to drop the song from the setlist. The reason was that Chuck demanded too much money in royalties from a live TV performance
[Edited by Gazza]
January 13th, 2006 07:05 AM
speedfreakjive Bye Bye Johnny - the best.
January 13th, 2006 07:30 AM
Jair
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Nine songs that have been released :

Come On
Bye Bye Johnny
Carol
Around & Around
You Cant Catch Me
Talkin' Bout you
Litle Queenie
Let It Rock (credited to E.Anderson)
Don't Lie To Me

A further ten songs have been played live (in most cases in the 1962-64 era) but never released :

Back In The USA
Beautiful Delilah
I Can Tell
The Jaguar & the Thunderbird
Johnny B. Goode
Memphis Tennessee
Nadine
No Money Down
Roll Over Beethoven
Sweet Little Sixteen

Regarding royalties - its a thorny subject between Chuck and the Stones. Little Queenie was a regular b-stage opener on the 97-98 tour yet when they played a show that was being televised (eg Bremen 98) they often tended to drop the song from the setlist. The reason was that Chuck demanded too much money in royalties from a live TV performance
[Edited by Gazza]

Many kind of you spend your time to answer me.
Thanks, and have a great weekend!

January 13th, 2006 07:36 AM
Gazza It'll be a 'resting' weekend.. I doubt I''ll be getting much sleep at all next week!
January 13th, 2006 07:55 AM
claudiomoraleida They played Little Queenie on TV at the Apoteose Show, in Rio 1998
January 13th, 2006 08:37 AM
Jair
quote:
claudiomoraleida wrote:
They played Little Queenie on TV at the Apoteose Show, in Rio 1998

Talking about Rio, I'm not going to the Copacabana Beach concert and my VCR is broken...Hopefully, some "gringo" will sell me a DVD copy later.(?)

January 13th, 2006 11:33 AM
Gazza
quote:
claudiomoraleida wrote:
They played Little Queenie on TV at the Apoteose Show, in Rio 1998

they did...and in Buenos Aires too

However, when they got to Europe things were a bit different

Little Queenie opened every b-stage set in Europe'98 except for one show - Bremen, a concert which was shown live throughout most of Europe and North Africa on a Pay Per View basis (it was replaced by IORR)

They also did a televised concert in Chorzow, Poland which was shown on Polish TV two weeks later. They played Little Queenie as usual but it wasnt included in the broadcast

On the US tour in '97, they did the same as they did in Bremen. It opened the b-stage set every night and then they dropped it for the last two shows of the year - Atlanta and St Louis - the latter of which was broadcast live as a pay per view show

[Edited by Gazza]
January 13th, 2006 12:45 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Bye Bye Johnny - the best.

Totally agreed my friend!!

I love this post
January 13th, 2006 12:51 PM
Jair
quote:
Fabio Hot Stuff wrote:

Totally agreed my friend!!

I love this post

Gracie, Fabio, ragazzo!

To me, Sweet Little Sixteen.
I LOVE Handsome Girls.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)