ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

The Bluesbreakers live on stage 1968
Happy 57th birthday Mick Taylor!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: fraking hurry up and put us Aussies out of miseru Return to archive
January 12th, 2006 05:38 PM
Daethgod man i wish they would just HURRY UP and say 'we are coming' or' we aren't'
everday now i hear conflicting stories..
tour on, tour off - latest is that promoters think U2 have sucked out all the $$ and that Stones want too much $$ to play ...
horesheet i reckon
the Stones WILL sell out anywhere they play in Oz

im getting sick of waiting tho, scouring the papers and websites everyday for weeks, turning into months is starting to take its toll !

to quote Lleyton Hewitt... "C'MON !!!!!!!!!!!!!"
January 12th, 2006 06:09 PM
Daethgod
nothing new .. but stumbled across this :

Reported by - Tuesday, January 10 2006

2006 is already set to be one of the biggest years for tours with announcements already made about U2, Coldplay, Backstreet Boys, Rob Thomas and 50 Cent's national tours.

But promoters are still negotiating other high profile tours.

Simple Plan hinted last year that they could be back at the end of 2006, whilst promoters are in negotiations with rock out fit, Bon Jovi and Pearl Jam.

Nickelback are confirmed for a national tour early this year after a successful run of shows last year. Madonna has also hinted of her comeback tour whilst Snoop Dogg, The Darkness, Aerosmith, Queen, Eric Claption, Billy Joel and Death Cab For Cutie are expected to tour our shores later this year, reports themusic.com.au.

The Who will also return for an extended tour this year, as will Paul McCartney, AC/DC will be here, newly reformed INXS, The Foo Fighters plan to bring their acoustic set to Australia whilst Elton John is also planning a tour.

The Rolling Stones, much anticipated tour, will be down under mid-year according to iorr.org. The Stones are expected here in April but is yet to be officially confirmed.

According to their sources, The Stones have secured the Aussie Stadium in Sydney in April and also reports that of difficulties securing a Melbourne venue due to the most major Melbourne grounds being locked away by Australian Football League matches. Flemington Raceway is looking to be the venue for Melbourne.

The website also reports two dates in New Zealand, one show on April 8 at Wellington's Westpac Stadium and another show in Auckland at Western Springs Speedway.

The shows will be open air and shows are only planned for Sydney and Melbourne.

http://www.accessallareas.net.au/News.php#newsitemEEFylZZVZAWBtdUEvL
January 12th, 2006 07:51 PM
ozstones No news over here in Adelaide but my guess is that Melbourne will miss out. Just too much on though the Vics are always up for an event. I wonder if AAMI stadium is free? Not that far from Melbourne by train or plane and it makes it just a touch easier for people out west.

Cheers

Andrew
[Edited by ozstones]
January 12th, 2006 07:54 PM
speedfreakjive i'd love to be an Australian, i'd be going to both gigs, if they both happened.
January 12th, 2006 08:02 PM
Daethgod sly farker !

January 13th, 2006 08:10 AM
gypsymofo60 I've told you all. They aint comin'. It's called precedent.

North America> Europe Record/rest up. Check it out!

H-i-s-t-o-r-y. Hey! And Breakky Show, where in the fuck are you ? Geeeeeeeeeeeelong, or Adeeeeeeeelide? I lose track. And they call me A MOTHERFUCKIN'GYPSY.
January 13th, 2006 08:14 PM
Daethgod dude but they ARE hitting Japan and NZ looks solid
January 14th, 2006 04:34 AM
egon you are being punished for the events that happened a few weeks ago.
Rightly so i'd say.
I will never set foot in Australia again.
January 14th, 2006 05:17 AM
Daethgod what happened egon ?
January 14th, 2006 05:22 AM
egon naaa, only kidding.
fantastic place, with great people.

[Edited by egon]
January 14th, 2006 09:12 AM
corgi37 He means the events in Cronulla. What you have to understand Egon, is that is Sydney. A foul, swill of a joint. Melbourne, as that pic of us proves, is a friendly, charming, sexy place.

Just be careful what you say though, Egon. Our security people are probably monitoring this, and if you ever return (and i hope you do) they might throw you in our prison camps for a year or two.

And there aint no beer in those places!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)