ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

The Bluesbreakers live on stage 1968
Happy 57th birthday Mick Taylor!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: who are the cohls? Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 12th, 2006 08:43 PM
didoengland4 cohl brothers
there are more than michael and jake on the tour?
but reallly is jake cohl out of the closet or is that some rumour that spread like bad news in the tabloids
January 12th, 2006 10:08 PM
jb I think we owe a lot to the Cohls....the guy really has got the Stones to the pinnacle of financial success after years of being ripped off in the 60's and 70's. They don't sell like Zep , Beatles, Eagles, etc, so the concert revenue is really well deserved. Love em or hate him, M. Cohl has really done a fine job representing their interersts, which hasn't always translated into necessarily being in the fans best financial interest. As you know, this is the last major world tour....we will be lucky to see them ever again after this..and rest assured , if we do, it will be b/c of some ingenuis plan MC has come up with for them to play fewer dayes and still make a brinks truck load of cash....
[Edited by jb]
January 12th, 2006 10:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I think we owe a lot to the Cohls....the guy really has got the Stones to the pinnacle of financial success after years of being ripped off in the 60's and 70's. They don't sell like Zep , Beatles, Eagles, etc, so the concert revenue is really well deserved. Love em or hate him, M. Cohl has really done a fine job representing their interersts, which hasn't always translated into necessarily being in the fans best financial interest. As you know, this is the last major world tour....we will be lucky to see them ever again after this..and rest assured , if we do, it will be b/c of some ingenuis plan MC has come up with for them to play fewer dayes and still make a brinks truck load of cash....
[Edited by jb]

We will not give up the Gross tour record easily!
January 13th, 2006 02:44 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
didoengland4 wrote:
jumacgly
how long ago was that...that he knew your sister?
what else have you got?
does he party a lot? look like a hippie like the other cohl?

nearly 10 years ago.
he doesn t look like a hippie, he s very clean and cute.
Bu sistah said he wasn't good at bed (small sex)
We had good times and I smoked mt first crack pipe with Jake!
January 13th, 2006 06:48 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
jb wrote:
I think we owe a lot to the Cohls....the guy really has got the Stones to the pinnacle of financial success after years of being ripped off in the 60's and 70's. They don't sell like Zep , Beatles, Eagles, etc, so the concert revenue is really well deserved. Love em or hate him, M. Cohl has really done a fine job representing their interersts, which hasn't always translated into necessarily being in the fans best financial interest. As you know, this is the last major world tour....we will be lucky to see them ever again after this..and rest assured , if we do, it will be b/c of some ingenuis plan MC has come up with for them to play fewer dayes and still make a brinks truck load of cash....
[Edited by jb]

Sure, but what have they done to us, The Stones fans? its fine if you're loaded JB, but every Stones fan has to be seen as equal to eachother.
January 13th, 2006 10:14 AM
didoengland4
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

nearly 10 years ago.
he doesn t look like a hippie, he s very clean and cute.
Bu sistah said he wasn't good at bed (small sex)
We had good times and I smoked mt first crack pipe with Jake!

no offence jumacfly but young cohl is too young for him to have had sex with your sistah that long ago. he would have been 12 years old then.
he also does not do crack. pot i'm sure, maybe even blow, but not crack.
January 13th, 2006 10:21 AM
jb
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

Sure, but what have they done to us, The Stones fans? its fine if you're loaded JB, but every Stones fan has to be seen as equal to eachother.

Off course we are all equal...but to them(the Stones), they feel that the demographic group they are aiming for will still pay b/t 16-450 ma ticket. It worked , by and large this tour. However, I think they realize the interest was substantially less than expected, and they really must have been taken aback by the weak sales of ABB(supposely their best album in over 20 yrs!!!-I think it is pretty mediocre).
January 13th, 2006 10:25 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
jb wrote:

Off course we are all equal...but to them(the Stones), they feel that the demographic group they are aiming for will still pay b/t 16-450 ma ticket. It worked , by and large this tour. However, I think they realize the interest was substantially less than expected, and they really must have been taken aback by the weak sales of ABB(supposely their best album in over 20 yrs!!!-I think it is pretty mediocre).

Sure, but you've missed the point; the system favoured rich folks. So they were not treating people as equal, understand?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)