ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

The Bluesbreakers live on stage 1968
Happy 57th birthday Mick Taylor!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What's it like Return to archive
January 12th, 2006 10:55 AM
didoengland4 Anyone know what a day in life is like while RS is on tour?
is it a constant party? women everywhere? do they party after shows?
silly thing to be curious about but i wonder what it is like
thanks for the info
January 12th, 2006 10:56 AM
glencar They seem to play a lot of pool.
January 12th, 2006 12:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
They seem to play a lot of pool.

Snooker!
January 12th, 2006 01:05 PM
pdog It's a travelling circus!
January 12th, 2006 01:10 PM
didoengland4 Do you have more details of the circus?
January 12th, 2006 01:12 PM
pdog
quote:
didoengland4 wrote:
Do you have more details of the circus?

It is myth and legend... For the average fan the truth is too much to process... It's the greatest show on earth!
Just sit back and let the ringmaster do his thing...
January 12th, 2006 01:17 PM
didoengland4 and that means what?
i'm pretty sure i can handle the truth
but it would be good to hear from people who follow the tour or see a lot of shows
January 12th, 2006 01:46 PM
Egbert See Cocksucker Blues - I'm sure it's always just like that. Yep.
January 12th, 2006 01:53 PM
didoengland4 what is that?
January 12th, 2006 02:02 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
didoengland4 wrote:
Anyone know what a day in life is like while RS is on tour?
is it a constant party? women everywhere? do they party after shows?

its not like a wild Motley Crue tour. Its totally tame these days.

keep in mind that these are 60 yr old millionaires. So they do what 60 yr ould millionaires do - they play with their grandkids, take naps, read, drink tea,m discuss the latest anitques they bought at Sothebys. I hear that Ronnie Wood spends most of his time focusing on his stamp collection.

theres no groupies. Just wives. And lots of kids and grandkids.

no drugs. Well, the ones that shouldnt be doing drugs are (Blondie, Bobby..) and the ones that SHOULD be doing drugs arent (Mick).

back in the 90s there was still some wild activity going on (blow, booze...) but not so much now

January 12th, 2006 02:06 PM
didoengland4 thanks for the post saint
sounds very tame
there must be some stories to tell
maybe their entourage has the stories now. young cohl and those youngsters on the tour
maybe RS now lives through their entourage
January 12th, 2006 02:21 PM
Saint Sway in certain cities, Chuck Leavell likes to get up bright and early before all the others and venture out to look at trees. He takes notes in his journal, takes pictures and carressess them. Much like Michael Jackson does with young boys. Only with foliage.
January 12th, 2006 02:29 PM
didoengland4 thanks for that inspiring detail about chuck and his morning routine
sounds like these cats need some young blood around
January 12th, 2006 02:39 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
didoengland4 wrote:
sounds like these cats need some young blood around

certain younger bands have livelied up the party scene when they are in the Stones circle. I have many debaucherous stories (pyramids of blow, incoherent band members, fights, etc) that I will not share.

Not for public consumption. Sorry.

Much like Charlie Watts, I am a complete gentleman and will keep these stories private.

Charlie, btw, enjoys sitting alone in his hotel room and sketching. He has sketch books filled with mundane drawings of every hotel room he has ever stayed in.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
January 12th, 2006 03:13 PM
Mikey i hate it when people let us know that they are "in the know", but can't share info with the rest of us.
January 12th, 2006 03:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mikey wrote:
i hate it when people let us know that they are "in the know", but can't share info with the rest of us.

Bernard Fowler picks up cheesy skanks.
January 12th, 2006 03:27 PM
didoengland4 no details about no name members of the circle...others who work on the tour...the youngsters such as jake cohl
January 12th, 2006 04:22 PM
erikjjf
quote:
didoengland4 wrote:
Anyone know what a day in life is like while RS is on tour?

January 12th, 2006 04:24 PM
glencar didoengland, ignore Saint Sway unless you need to know about the fascinating bitch slaps that happen on a Block Crows tour. Then he's your boy.
January 12th, 2006 05:05 PM
pdog Is being someones boy, like being someones bitch?

January 12th, 2006 06:35 PM
didoengland4 glencar
you have any insight into the day of....
January 12th, 2006 06:50 PM
glencar Dido, I think for them it involves a lot of hanging around. It was a lot more exciting back in the 70's. We all get older(well, hopefully)>
January 12th, 2006 06:55 PM
stonedinaustralia dido - if you want the details of the glory days see Stanley Booth's - True Adventures of the Rolling Stones

and Robert Greenfields "STP"

also Chet Flippo's "on the road with rolling stones"

as noted above tho - the wild days seem to be over
January 12th, 2006 07:03 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

keep in mind that these are 60 yr old millionaires. So they do what 60 yr ould millionaires do - they play with their grandkids, take naps, read, drink tea,m discuss the latest anitques they bought at Sothebys. I hear that Ronnie Wood spends most of his time focusing on his stamp collection.

no drugs. Well, the ones that shouldnt be doing drugs are (Blondie, Bobby..) and the ones that SHOULD be doing drugs arent (Mick).

back in the 90s there was still some wild activity going on (blow, booze...) but not so much now

But don't forget that they stand for what Rock'n'Roll is all about........they BANGED a lot of gorgeous women (see all those parties they used to joing, like that one at Hugh Hefner's mansion)......
January 12th, 2006 07:19 PM
didoengland4 i ran into some of the younger workers in the fall
wasn't sure if they were crew or entourage or what but they were having a lot of fun
find it hard to believe no one is like that on the tour
i do get that things tend to calm down when you get older even just over 30 older

January 12th, 2006 07:24 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

So well described SS, or is that sir Stonesalot? lol
January 12th, 2006 08:10 PM
WhenTheWhipComesDown Very interesting about the off time hours on the Stones. Do you think the
Sixties were really just as wild or was it at the beginning, more or less?
January 12th, 2006 08:17 PM
speedfreakjive well, late 60's, 69 especially was the true start of the debauchery.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)