ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

The Bluesbreakers live on stage 1968
Happy 57th birthday Mick Taylor!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Birthday Lotus Couch!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
December 16th, 2005 08:20 PM
Maxlugar I'm crying...now....

Thank you ALL!

THANKS!!!

Oh THANKS!!!

Voodoo you are a brother!!!!

December 16th, 2005 09:30 PM
Riffhard Congrats Max!! The Couch has achieved in one short year what it takes lesser boards multiple years to accomplish! Namely it has become a cyber playground for the elite posters of Stones fandom,and has brought many people together that had previously despised each other at "another" board. Political talk is relegated to it's seperate board,and the moderator does not weild his weight like a power mad sycophant. It's true. The Couch brings people together! As the summit in January proves!

I can still remember opening the e-mail that you had sent me about the kickoff of The Couch. When I opened the letter I was so flattered that you would ask me to come help "kick the tires" on the board before the general public had a chance to check it out. The fact that we(the LC6)knew that the whole World Wide Web was about to change forever was a a sense of real excitement.

I congratulate you on this most auspicious occassion. It is well worth noting that none of this would have been possible if not for your own legendary status as a Giant in the posting world! I well remember the "It's Friday Night" posts. I remember well the "Life Sized Billy Preston Action Figure" posts. I remember them all! They say that immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Macky you should feel imensly flattered. You have actully been mentoring the likes of Joey for years now,and while some may think that he is the original wit here at RO. Those of us "in the know" know the real deal.

Congrats! You deserve all the praise that this thread has heaped upon you,and I for one will buy you a beer in January,and toast to the continued success of The Couch!

Your cyper pal for a decade now!

Riffhard
December 16th, 2005 10:42 PM
Maxlugar What a great man! Riffy, ladies and gentlemen!

The Riffer is an American and World Wide Web ORIGINAL!

We love him and recognize his greatness (A-List status)with each and every post!

I love ya man!

MAXY!
December 16th, 2005 11:17 PM
glencar Congrats Maxy! when it started there were some (okay just that guy in Colorado) who said it couldn't be done but as usual you proved them wrong & with typical Republican aplomb showed the world how things get done & get done well.
December 16th, 2005 11:20 PM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

i have full confidence in LJ....this is her baby, as she has been speaking of the summit for about 5 months now. The pressure will be enormous on her, but she is trained to work under pressure and with the help of some articles I have posted, the logistics will work out. Perhaps you should arrange for a handsome cab to take you and your son (who idolizes young Jake Cohl) between gatherings (see below)

Lotta pressure!
December 16th, 2005 11:22 PM
Madafaka Congratulations!
December 16th, 2005 11:41 PM
Maxmeister
quote:
jb wrote:
The summitt must be centrally located and in walking distance of MSG....many people cannot afford taxis ....Maybe Ray's Pizza?

We could hire several chiba chariots a la Denver 2003. Talk about arriving and departing in style!

Rick
December 16th, 2005 11:45 PM
Maxmeister
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Yes, my Stonesian cuddle bunnies, THe Lotus Couch (aka "The Couch") is one year old today.

YEAH!!!

It's been a great year and I thank my RO superiors for all the promotional help!

So tonight come party with the A-Listers of {{{THE COUCH!!!}}}

All My Best,

Maxlugar - CEO www.maxlugar.com

Congratulations Maxie. Not that I needed an excuse to party, but if I had known earlier, I would have dedicated my just completed extended happy hour to the Couch.
See you next month.

Rick

December 17th, 2005 02:47 AM
pdog The Cocuh did more in one year than The UN has done in 50...
Three Cheers...
{{{MAXY}}}
{{{MAXY}}}
{{{MAXY}}}

I may just name
my soon to be born son....
LOTUS!
Developing!!!
Yes!
Snuggle that Biatch!!!
December 17th, 2005 07:35 AM
egon I'm gonna meet the great Max in january (summit of the century).

very nervous.

What should i wear?
December 17th, 2005 11:44 AM
LadyJane To "sticky" this thread just reaffirms what I've known for a long time.....The Unholy Trinity is a CLASS ACT!!!!!

Cheers to RO.

Cheers to Max and the Couch.

We are all in this together.

LJ.
December 17th, 2005 12:34 PM
moy congratulations maxy
December 17th, 2005 01:21 PM
Jumacfly Let's chat bastards!!
December 17th, 2005 11:15 PM
Maxlugar What a great bunch who recognize greatness!

You are all A-Listers for a day!

I love you!!!

MAXY!!!!
December 18th, 2005 07:32 AM
luxury1 I am late, but Max, you done good. What a fun board (even if Princess Lugar doesnt "get" us)--see everyone soon at the SUmmit....
December 18th, 2005 08:36 AM
charlotte "When the Stones played Earls Court in May '76, they were lambasted for their massive lotus stage, the appalling sound quality..."

Max, a man well ahead of his time...this drink's for you!
December 18th, 2005 10:51 AM
Maxlugar Thank you Luxy and Charly!

I did not know the Lotus Stage left the states!

I'm learning at my birthday party!

We need to find the Lotus Stage and Lotus Stage jr.! I want to know where they are and buy one.

December 18th, 2005 09:20 PM
parmeda Sorry I missed your party, my dear Max...
The Couch has truly been a success for you.

Congratulations!

Now then...about that transvestite?
Any way you can spring for a tazer?
December 19th, 2005 02:38 AM
pdog I can't think of anything witty to say!
I love The Couch!
December 19th, 2005 03:31 AM
Jumacfly your statement about Bill is one of the greatest tribute I ve ever read Max...thanks for that!
December 19th, 2005 07:37 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Jumacfly wrote:
your statement about Bill is one of the greatest tribute I ve ever read Max...thanks for that!

I know.

You're welcome, Jumaccy!
December 19th, 2005 10:08 AM
Maxlugar We're back up, BTW.
December 19th, 2005 10:11 AM
Joey " We're back up, BTW."

J. " Sniggles " Fly !
December 19th, 2005 10:25 AM
Maxlugar Thanks to all for the warm wishes!

Here's to another year!
December 19th, 2005 10:29 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:

J. " Sniggles " Fly !

Oh you poor thing... Your act has only to jump in the hole and all will be complete.

December 19th, 2005 10:31 AM
Joey " Here's to another year!"

Amen !!!!!

|
|
|
V

The Rolling Stones
The Rolling Stones will once again showcase their diversity as musicians and bring fans electrifying performances and state-of-the art stage production while performing in both stadiums and arenas throughout North America.

When:
Sunday, January 29, 2006
7:30PM

Where:
Qwest Center Arena

Ticket Information:
$62.00-$97.00-$162.00-$352.00 Tickets are on sale at all ticketmaster retail ticket center locations, Ticketmaster charge-by-phone in Omaha at (402)422-1212 and Lincoln (402)475-1212, online at Ticketmaster.com or at Qwest Center Omaha Box Office.

http://www.omahameca.com/

December 19th, 2005 10:32 AM
Joey

" jump in the hole and all will be complete."

December 19th, 2005 11:01 AM
Maxlugar Child of the Moon has added a drink for us in the drink page.

December 19th, 2005 11:06 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Child of the Moon has added a drink for us in the drink page.

I would like to report a massive dumping in the fifth floor mens room ( SW corner ) .

December 19th, 2005 11:33 AM
Maxlugar Our brand new "Links" page contains links to not only Rocks Off, but Gasland as well.

Clearly, I am a magnanimous person capable of not just great things but kind deeds...

When "Understanding" starts the car, "Love" calls shotgun - Maxlugar 12/19/05
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)