ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

The Bluesbreakers live on stage 1968
Happy 57th birthday Mick Taylor!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Birthday Lotus Couch!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
December 16th, 2005 12:33 PM
Maxlugar Yes, my Stonesian cuddle bunnies, THe Lotus Couch (aka "The Couch") is one year old today.

YEAH!!!

It's been a great year and I thank my RO superiors for all the promotional help!

So tonight come party with the A-Listers of {{{THE COUCH!!!}}}

All My Best,

Maxlugar - CEO www.maxlugar.com
December 16th, 2005 12:34 PM
Jumacfly Happy Bday from Assholeland

Say hi to everyone for me Macky!!
jU
December 16th, 2005 12:37 PM
Nellcote Happy Happy!!
December 16th, 2005 12:38 PM
jb Congrats...........
December 16th, 2005 12:39 PM
egon i wouldn't be what i am without you max.
thank you.
December 16th, 2005 01:28 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Congrats...........

Congrats Max...Sadly, I have been invited to a no limit Texas Hold'em tourney tonite and will be unable to attend that gala event....please show everyone the picture of my yule log for me and keep up the good work.
December 16th, 2005 02:57 PM
Maxlugar Thank you all for the kind words!

I've worked my fingers to the bone all year to bring the world "The Couch" and it's great to see EVERYONE loves it!

Here's to another year!

YES!!!!!!!

Maxy!
December 16th, 2005 02:59 PM
jb The summitt must be centrally located and in walking distance of MSG....many people cannot afford taxis ....Maybe Ray's Pizza?
December 16th, 2005 03:05 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
The summitt must be centrally located and in walking distance of MSG....many people cannot afford taxis ....Maybe Ray's Pizza?

perhaps this can help:

Have a Party that Won't Break Your Business's Bank

by Patricia Schaefer

You don't want your employees to think of you as the modern-day personification of Charles Dickens' bah-humbugging and miserly "Ebenezer Scrooge." At the same time, you do want to reward your employees with some frivolity and fun this holiday season but not at the expense of your bottom line. What's a small businessperson to do?

However limited your party budget, it will serve you well to show your appreciation for your workers' year-long efforts in some tangible and merry-making manner; to celebrate together in a social rather than business atmosphere. This goes a long way toward making workers feel valued and helps them bond with one another, a good step toward teambuilding and improving morale.

Whether you hold your holiday party on or off company premises, there are many ways for you and your employees to have a frolicking good time without "breaking the bank."

At-the-office parties
Try to locate office parties away from workstations; you want to do what you can to create a "non-businesslike" atmosphere. Bring in a multi-disc player sound system and play some popular holiday CD's, or tune your company radio to a local station that plays non-stop holiday music; some do so from midnight Thanksgiving Day to midnight Christmas Day.

Consider playing some lighthearted holiday games or activities to add some fun to the festivities. Go to http://www.centrinet.com/christmas/partygames.htm for the Stocking Factory's party game suggestions for company holiday parties. Take some party photos of employees and display them on your company bulletin board.

If your employees work a variety of time schedules, try to hold an all-shift station of holiday food and drink in a focal location so that every employee can partake.

Some suggestions for economical food choices

1. A catered luncheon or after-work party at the office can be less expensive than a restaurant or banquet outing. Catered foods range in cost and many caterers themselves have a number of menus with a range of selections and prices. There are many foods people enjoy that are not necessarily the most expensive choices.

Party expert and author, Phyllis Cambria, of PartyPlansPlus.com shared with Business Know-How some popular and very affordable food choices for holiday company parties: cold cut platters combined with a variety of bread choices and salads; a variety of specialty pizzas; or, for late afternoon or just-after-work holiday gatherings, heavy hors d'oeuvres including chicken wings, mini pizzas and egg rolls.

2. If funds are really limited, have a "potluck" meal where each worker signs up to bring in a different dish (have a sign-up to avoid duplicate dishes). You can provide the decorations, paper goods, drinks, music and dessert.

3. Try something a little "out of the ordinary" like these suggestions from Cambria of PartyPlansPlus.com: a dessert party with cakes, pastries, cookies, and fruit ("Amp up the celebration factor," and serve with coffee, tea, cocoa, and a couple of dessert wines or liqueurs); or "an ice cream social with several ice cream flavors, frozen yogurt and a sugar-free variety or two along with all of the toppings."

Off premises parties
1. Invite your employees and their "significant others" to your home. At-home holidays parties have a "warm and cozy" feel to them, and can make socializing more comfortable and enjoyable. Holding a party at your home can also be a little easier on the wallet than a restaurant or banquet hall party. Whether you serve brunch, lunch, dinner or cocktails, be sure the quality and taste of the food and drink is superior; this will add considerably to the party experience.

You might want to give each employee a holiday gift bag filled with some non-denominational seasonal goodies like these suggested by Cambria: a votive candle and holder, a snow globe with a generic winter scene, or tickets to a local holiday event such as an ice show or pageant. "The best gifts, of course," says Cambria, "are those that were chosen specifically for each guest. They should be in the same price range, but something that is personal to each employee based upon their taste, hobby or need."

2. Consider going to a restaurant rather than a banquet or catering hall. Luncheons are typically less expensive than dinners. Many restaurants offer a number of party menus to choose from; i.e., lower priced menus featuring less expensive foods such as chicken and pastas, or higher priced menus featuring entrees such as steak and shrimp. Those plans including unlimited wine and beer are also considerably more expensive.

3. If you do choose to go "whole hog," and hold your party at a banquet hall, there are some ways to hold down costs. Parties held on any day but Saturday are generally less expensive. Consider having a "wintertime" party in January when rates may also be cheaper. Do your best to get an accurate head count rather than paying unnecessary additional monies for "no-shows." Foodwise, buffets are usually cheaper than sit-down dinners, or you might want to consider skipping the dinner altogether and just stick to hors d'oeuvres and drinks. Speaking of drinks, think about having a cash bar or giving out a designated number of drink tickets to each guest. Once employees use up their tickets, they'll need to pay for additional drinks themselves.

3. Consider doing something "off the beaten track" like PartyPlansPlus.com's suggestion to "pile the gang onto a chartered bus, serve snacks-on-the-go and tour your city's holiday light displays."

Whichever way you choose to go -- off company premises or on -- keep in mind that if you do serve alcoholic beverages, this could lead to some unpleasant, unsafe or litigious consequences: embarrassing or inappropriate behavior, unsafe driving, accidents or claims of sexual harassment. Avoid liability and keep workers safe by keeping a watchful eye for any over-indulgers and having designated drivers on hand if needed. Be sure to serve non-alcoholic drinks as well.

The holidays should be a festive and fun time, a time of good will and as much generosity as one can muster. With this in mind, reward your employees with a joyful holiday party as a tangible way to express your appreciation for their yearlong efforts. And leave that bah-humbugging to someone else.
December 16th, 2005 03:07 PM
jb Please forward that article to LJ.....I shall not attend unless everything is approved by me in advance.
December 16th, 2005 03:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Please forward that article to LJ.....I shall not attend unless everything is approved by me in advance.

i have full confidence in LJ....this is her baby, as she has been speaking of the summit for about 5 months now. The pressure will be enormous on her, but she is trained to work under pressure and with the help of some articles I have posted, the logistics will work out. Perhaps you should arrange for a handsome cab to take you and your son (who idolizes young Jake Cohl) between gatherings (see below)

December 16th, 2005 03:18 PM
Maxlugar The Couch has a fully functioning "Chat" room.

Often, we chat there.

Thanks again everyone for all the well wishes!
December 16th, 2005 03:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
The Couch has a fully functioning "Chat" room.

Often, we chat there.

Thanks again everyone for all the well wishes!

I have been to the chat room. Only A listers please, D listers need not sign in
December 16th, 2005 03:24 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

i have full confidence in LJ....this is her baby, as she has been speaking of the summit for about 5 months now. The pressure will be enormous on her, but she is trained to work under pressure and with the help of some articles I have posted, the logistics will work out. Perhaps you should arrange for a handsome cab to take you and your son (who idolizes young Jake Cohl) between gatherings (see below)

Indeed, enormous amount of pressure as this has been in the planning for over a yr.............I agree, if anyone can pull this off, it's LJ. If not, I shall not attend. My son and I deserve only the best.
December 16th, 2005 03:24 PM
Maxlugar Have you seen Sir Stonesalot's Year End Wrap up 2005? I put it up so it now belongs to the ages.

If you feel like it, you should print it out before you go buy CD's.

The man is a legend!

Thanks again everybody!
December 16th, 2005 03:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Have you seen Sir Stonesalot's Year End Wrap up 2005? I put it up so it now belongs to the ages.

If you feel like it, you should print it out before you go buy CD's.

The man is a legend!

Thanks again everybody!

Sadly the Lotus Chatroom currently is about as packed as the MSG new years eve Black Crowes gig looks to be...aka WIDE OPEN...any A listers out there now? I shall wait in the chat room for 7 minutes
December 16th, 2005 03:27 PM
jb ....................................."ss
December 16th, 2005 03:33 PM
sirmoonie Mothafock says: "Ponk."
December 16th, 2005 03:33 PM
Maxlugar Many don't choose to use a java chat room at work. You will most likely get busted.

I am home now with a huge hangover. I will go there right now.

Chat!
December 16th, 2005 03:38 PM
Maxlugar Puggy? I'm chatting by myself there...
December 16th, 2005 03:39 PM
jb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Puggy? I'm chatting by myself there...

Puggy is cleansing himself again after a massive dump!
December 16th, 2005 03:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Puggy is cleansing himself again after a massive dump!

I am there as well....Sadly, I had to calm down an angry client, he was not thrilled to see that he screwed up when he did not follow my recomendation!
December 16th, 2005 04:00 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I am there as well....Sadly, I had to calm down an angry client, he was not thrilled to see that he screwed up when he did not follow my recomendation!

He failed to use proper eye googles?
December 16th, 2005 04:03 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

He failed to use proper eye googles?

............................ss ! "
December 16th, 2005 04:10 PM
Maxlugar Puggy, Egon, Starbuck and I are chatting right now!
December 16th, 2005 05:06 PM
Angiegirl 1 year already? Damn, time flies.
December 16th, 2005 05:09 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Puggy, Egon, Starbuck and I are chatting right now!

Where
December 16th, 2005 05:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Since exactly one year ago we decreased our traffic from millions of visits to just Jaxx, Gazza and I posting with several different monikers so FYMWY?

The couch rules you bastards!!!

CONGRATULATIONS !!
December 16th, 2005 05:40 PM
Angiegirl Yes, I'm Gerardo's evil twin sister. Gerarda.
December 16th, 2005 06:26 PM
Soldatti Congrats.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)