ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden - January 16, 2003

Shannon Stapleton/Reuters
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bargain Hunter Alert Return to archive
01-12-03 07:32 PM
Sir Stonesalot Be advised the Barnes & Noble have put Bill Wyman's "Rolling With The Stones" out on the "sale" tables. I bought the book at 50% off the retail price.

If you are looking to get this book, but $50.00 was too much, you may want to hit your local B&N. $25.00 for this thing is ridiculous...it's worth 10 times as much to a Stones fan.
01-12-03 07:36 PM
gypsy They've had it at Hastings for $24.99 for several weeks now. I posted this info a few weeks ago.
Definitely get the book...it's worth it. Also, "The Rolling Stones: Unseen Archives" by Susan Hill. It is full of wonderful pics of the Stones with their wives/girlfriends/children...lots of rare photos. The book is about $15 for HB.
01-12-03 07:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey Gypsy...I have a similar book that claims to have over 400 unseen photos from the Daily Mirror archives. It's not the same title as yours though.

I wonder if these books cover the same territory?
01-12-03 08:16 PM
sasca I have the Daily Mirror book. Excellent photographs; good, slightly erratic text. (are the lyrics of 'Between the Buttons' obscure?)
01-12-03 08:42 PM
Sir Stonesalot I don't remember off the top of my head sassy. I'll have to check when I get home.
01-12-03 10:20 PM
gypsy Are you talking about Mark Paytress's book "The Rolling Stones Files?" It also has photos from the Daily Mirror. I have that book too...it's good as far as family pics as well.
01-12-03 11:05 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah my little buttercup!

That's the name of the book I have. Are the two books similar? It sounds like they cover a lot of the same ground...and perhaps share a lot of the same pics.

I doubt that any book out there will be able to compete with Bill's new one for family type pics though.

Hardly a page goes by where I don't go.."Whoa, look at that!"

My wife & I played "Name that Stones kid" at breakfast this morning. We'd take turns finding a childhood photo, and then have the other try to figure out who it was(we covered up the caption so there was no cheating). My wife did pretty good, only missing Stu(whom she has no idea even who he was).

The Eagles won. Come help me celebrate...and bring your magificent breasts along too!
01-13-03 08:53 AM
gypsy Actually, I think "Unseen Archives" is better. It has a lot of pictures that I had never seen before. Also, the photos are about a full page...whereas in "Files," some pictures were pretty small.
There are a couple of pics in "Unseen Archives" of Ron w/ his first wife, Chrissie. I hadn't been able to find any pics of her on the internet, so I was curious as to what she looked like.
There are a few rare pics of Stones kids, like Marlon Richards and Karis Jagger that I hadn't seen before either.
You really should get this book. Who knows. Maybe you and your wife would have so much fun playing the ol' guessing game with this book, that you might end up having sex right there on the dining table...
01-13-03 08:53 AM
Honky Tonk Man I got a book for Christmas called "The Rolling Stones, Unseen Archives" All the pictures are from the Daily Mail.

This is quite Bizzare

Alex
01-13-03 09:55 AM
Joey " that you might end up having sex right there on the dining table..."

<------

Easy little buddy !
01-13-03 09:59 AM
gypsy now wouldn't that be a sight to see, joey?
01-13-03 10:16 AM
Joey " now wouldn't that be a sight to see, joey? "

01-13-03 12:35 PM
SeerSuckersuit These are 2 different books ...

The Rolling Stones Files
has Daily Mirror pictures

The Rolling Stones Unseen Archives
has Daily Mail pictures

01-13-03 12:38 PM
SeerSuckersuit OOPS .... forgot

I guess you can have sex right
there on the dining table ... TWICE
01-13-03 01:33 PM
gypsy Yes, you can! But, I figure Sir Stonesalot is probably a one-pump chump...
01-13-03 01:37 PM
Joey " Yes, you can! But, I figure Sir Stonesalot is probably a one-pump chump... "

<--------------

01-13-03 01:42 PM
gypsy Joey! Stop it with the mad Martha smiley faces!
01-13-03 01:52 PM
Joey " Joey! Stop it with the mad Martha smiley faces "

<-------------- don't blame him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST