ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden - January 16, 2003

Shannon Stapleton/Reuters
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Maurice Gibb dies at age 53 Return to archive
01-12-03 03:24 PM
stone jr. I'm not a big Bee Gees but I do like there songs. My Mom told me the news. I felt bad. He was a guy from the Bee Gees. I really feel sorry for Barry and Robin. he band was to have a world tour this year. Without Maurice, this could be the end of the Bee Gees, one of the biggest rock and roll bands. The Gibbs are in my prays.

Maurice Gibb

1950-2003
[Edited by stone jr.]
01-12-03 03:45 PM
Bob Tamp who cares?
01-12-03 03:49 PM
sasca
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
who cares?

Quite a few people, actually. And if you don�t, at least have some respect.
01-12-03 04:36 PM
gypsy That is mean. First Andy Gibb, now Maurice. So, just Robin and Barry are left. Poor Robin. He and Maurice are twins...and he is probably taking this very hard. A sad sad day indeed.
01-12-03 04:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot >And if you don�t, at least have some respect.<

So where were you when Joe Strummer was getting slagged on?

01-12-03 04:56 PM
sasca
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>And if you don�t, at least have some respect.<

So where were you when Joe Strummer was getting slagged on?

I was there. And I think I made my respect for him clear with posts like 'R.I.P.'; advice to Wkoetke to follow the buying of 'London Calling' with 'The Clash'; thanks to W Randolph Hearst for an article on Strummer. I didn't get involved with the debate over Strummer's liking of the Stones because I thought it was daft.
01-12-03 05:15 PM
fmk438j I heard on the radio that they were among 5 biggest selling acts of all time.

Would those above them be Elvis, Michael Jackson, Beatles, stones?
01-13-03 05:01 AM
Moonisup I never liked the Bee gees. But this is sad. I think he died due to to many drinks here and there!
A sad day indeed

and that guy from T-rex died also

rik
01-13-03 07:49 AM
Factory Girl Why anyone would compare Maurice's death to Strummer's death
is staggering to me. Both musicians made significant contributions that were unique.

R.I.P. Maurice Gibb.

I'm so fucking sad.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST