ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden - January 16, 2003

Shannon Stapleton/Reuters
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: You like me,you really like me!!!......... Return to archive
01-11-03 01:30 AM
Riffhard First I would like to say thanks to Maxy and everyone for your concern as to my whereabouts. Let's just say that for the last few months I've been dealing with alot of personal(read,wife)issues.

My good friend Bob,a constant lurker but never a poster,informed me of the recent thread concerning my absence from the board.I'll take the fifth on the reasons for not posting,but I'm happy to report that I am once again a viable Stonsian fool with most,if not all those f'ed up reasons behind me(knocking hard and heavy on wood here)!

I have TRULY missed the lunacy and insanity of all you crazy sons-oh-bitches from my day to day life!You will be happy,and not suprised,to here that I am still very much "in the fold".On occasion life decides to throw us the unexpedcted curveball.I'm verily certain that this time I have swung for the fences and all is well! As they say "It's a bitch!" I,however have been kickin' the stall and everything is looking up!

I know this sounds a bit vague and over the top. For that I'm sorry,but lets just say I'm dealing with "life issues" that come about on occasion.

As for the NYC shows,I will not be there.I am SOL in that regard.I will,however,be there in spirit! My formerly mentioned friend Bob,has gotten hold of a 60 inch video screen and we,with plenty of cold 12 ounce friends,will be shakin' our collective hips to the "drive" all night long!

The fact that in this day and age that one can really "connect" with like minded folks via the internet at first seemed,to me anyway,ridiculous. My friends here at Rocks Off have proven me wrong! Having met some of you,but not as many as I'd like,confirms the fact that "it's all good"!

Riffhard

PS-Joe Strummer fucking rocked! He dug the Stones,don't beleive the hype!

PSS-Scope please e-mail me!

PSS-I don't even know what prison sex is! If I were in prison I'd kick the soap all the way to the electric fence and retrieve it with my ass to the fence!

PSSS-So there!
01-11-03 01:32 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Welcome back Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffhard
01-11-03 01:45 AM
Riffhard Thank you Gerardo! It's great to be back!!!

Riffhard
01-11-03 09:04 AM
nankerphelge Damn, no spliffy with Riffy in NYC this time!!

We all hear ya on the life issue dude -- we all have them. I went thru mine back in October following my lil' mini-tour. I felt like I couldn't even get on here without it causing a stir.

Good to see yer alright.
01-11-03 09:22 AM
parmeda Riff!!!!

Happy New Year...glad to see you back!
01-11-03 10:07 AM
Gazza Good to see you back. was great to meet you & Mrs Riff in September. Take care
01-11-03 11:11 AM
Maxlugar Thank God you all alright!

Post more!!!

Maxy!
01-11-03 11:35 AM
gypsy Maxy, where is Maxette?
Like Ice Cube said, "Keep yo' damn baby out the street."
01-11-03 11:47 AM
Martha The fact that in this day and age that one can really "connect" with like minded folks via the internet at first seemed,to me anyway,ridiculous. My friends here at Rocks Off have proven me wrong! Having met some of you,but not as many as I'd like,confirms the fact that "it's all good"!
------------------------------------------------------

Oh Riffie...truer words were never spoken! I agree completely with that...and felt similarly about the whole 'meeting people on the internet' thing when I first got my computer last March. Rocks Off rules!

Welcome back! It ain't been quite the same without you.

Hang in there with the life on life terms stuff.....I've been there, too.

big warm hugs,
Martha
01-11-03 11:58 AM
Maxmeister Riffhard!!!

I'm sorry to hear about the "it's a bitch" scenario, but you seem to be gettin on with life. That's good to hear.
Meeting up with you at YOTI and MSG was oh so short but very sweet. It was a great time that we must do again one day.[without the subway fiasco]LOL
I'm looking forward to seeing you back on the boards.

Rick
01-11-03 01:20 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey Bro!

Remember, you can escape here anytime. We won't judge you...hell we understand completely! You are us, we are you.

If you ever need to bend an ear, you got my number. I'm a trained listener.

Oh, and next time you see Ken Dashau...kick him squarely in the scrotum. Tell him it's with love, from me, Mick, & Macca.

Good to have you back.
01-11-03 01:27 PM
full moon Hello you animal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01-11-03 01:43 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

The fact that in this day and age that one can really "connect" with like minded folks via the internet at first seemed,to me anyway,ridiculous. My friends here at Rocks Off have proven me wrong! Having met some of you,but not as many as I'd like,confirms the fact that "it's all good"!

Glad you're back. As for the "connecting" part, I think the way you met SS and me is classic - we're standing along the street in NYC, having driven hours to mill around outside the Stones press conference, and a van pulls up right beside us and, since we know what station you work for, we know it's you immediately. We were friends for life before you even got out of the van.

After the pc, when we sealed our friendship in Guinness - was anything ever so perfect? A conveniently-located Irish pub, Sticky Fingers blasting as the midday sun slants in through the windows, across the street a blimp is tethered, and everyone is my brother.

01-11-03 01:48 PM
sasca You left just as I arrived. I'm sure this was unrelated and I'll like you, I'll really like you, too. .
01-11-03 03:39 PM
scope
quote:
Maxmeister wrote:
Riffhard!!!

I'm sorry to hear about the "it's a bitch" scenario, but you seem to be gettin on with life. That's good to hear.
Meeting up with you at YOTI and MSG was oh so short but very sweet. It was a great time that we must do again one day.[without the subway fiasco]LOL
I'm looking forward to seeing you back on the boards.

Rick

Subway fiasco? I go out of my way to show you the sights of NY and that's the thanks I get? LOL. It's not every day you get to jump turnstiles, watch rats run for garbage and then see a kick ass Stones concert you know!

Glad to see you back Riffy, seems like these personal things hit us all at one time or another. Been there, done, that; in fact still doing that.
01-11-03 06:03 PM
Maxmeister [quote]scope wrote:

Subway fiasco? I go out of my way to show you the sights of NY and that's the thanks I get? LOL. It's not every day you get to jump turnstiles, watch rats run for garbage and then see a kick ass Stones concert you know!

Absolutely. It was an experience of a lifetime. As a tour guide you ROCK!!!

Have fun next weekend. I sure wish I could be up there with you at YOTI and MSG II.

Rick

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST