ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden - January 16, 2003

Shannon Stapleton/Reuters
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: GEARED UP & READY/OZ FANS Return to archive
01-07-03 04:18 AM
woodywoodpecker Well fellow oz members its not long now until we get our rocks off! I will be at the Rod Laver Arena on the 25th feb. Anyone else attending this show? Any suggestions on what goodies we may get to hear this time around. I would love to see these songs amongst em"
Midnight Rambler/Monkey Man/Gimmie Shelter/No expectations/Rocks off/Cant you hear me knockin now what a show that would be!!

"Me Im waiting so patientally, lying on the floor"
01-07-03 04:23 AM
fmk438j I'm not going to complain if I don't, but I really need to see M Rambler, even more than CYHMK, but it's a very close second. Who cares, it's gonna be cool.

I'll be in Melbourne.

01-07-03 04:35 AM
woodywoodpecker fmk yeah rambler seems to be so awesome on live boots ect.
Like you said it dont really matter as long as we get there right. Enjoy ya self.
01-08-03 06:15 AM
ozstones Hi all

Or more importantly what songs don't you want to hear at an OZ Stones concert.

Miss You
Love Train
I Can't Get Next To You
You Got Me Rocking

And the songs I do want to hear. (Fat chance did I hear someone say ;-)

Highwire (10 years later still very relevant)
Under The Boardwalk (The Stones 1st number 1 in 1965 in OZ a nice touch to hear it again in 2003)
Gimme Shelter (The all time best Stones song and Lisa's great vocals. Still sends chills down the spine)
Waltzing Matilda (Well Jagger did Wild Colonial Boy in 88 so why not!)

Ok so that last one was with tongue firmly in cheek but I do hope they are planning some obscure songs for OZ because frankly we deserve it!

Cheers

Andrew

01-08-03 12:13 PM
moy with so many regulars from australia i hope we're going to have great reviews and pix. Are you planning any pre and post parties?
01-08-03 02:58 PM
stonedinaustralia it's funny moy - i know the whole time leading up to and especially including the show i will be having one of (if not the) most exciting time in my life and all the while the thought will be ticking over in the back of my mind "wait until i tell the guys on the board about this!! -that will be a whole new experience/way of looking at a show (and a stones show to boot)

but after it's over i'm sure writing all about it (and what it meant to me) will help me deal with the fact that that "dream",while finally realised, is now over

the thing is i'm scared the whole thing will run to over 50,000 words (lol)

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
01-08-03 08:44 PM
exile Here is a Seating plan for the ENMORE CLUB GIG in sydney
if anyone was interested

http://www.iorr.org/jpg/au_enm.gif

Im on Dance Floor

cant fucking wait
01-08-03 08:53 PM
fmk438j
quote:
exile wrote: Im on Dance Floor

cant fucking wait

What time you think you'll line up? ie. to get absolute front.
01-08-03 10:25 PM
exile Havent thought about that yet

Ive been to the Enmore to see Powderfinger and the area for the dance floor isnt that big

what time were you thinking of lining up? what time does it start anyway?
01-08-03 10:41 PM
fmk438j I asked some people who might know and they said mid-morning should be good enough for frontage. Don't know what time it starts, we don't know who is supporting either do we?

01-09-03 04:16 PM
exile No hasnt been announced yet
I remember the last tour the stones came to in Sydney Voodoo lounge Tour
The Cruel Sea Supported

you think mid morning might be a bit too early? Im going for a couple of beers first i think somewhere

before the show
01-10-03 08:37 AM
corgi37 Corgi is counting down the days. Even Mrs. Corgi (the Bitch) is getting into it (and she is a Tom Jones/Chris ISaak kind of sheila). I will be at the 2nd Melbourne show, a mere 7 rows from the front, on the floor, Ronnie's side. I am annoying the crap out of every one i know just reminding them i am 7 rows from the greatest band ever. I really, really, want to hear gimme shelter, midnight rambler or stray cat blues. I agree also, these old buggers owe us aussies, big time. I mean, no 69, 75, 76, 78, 81, 82, 89, 90, 97-99 tours. We have been gipped, and they should do a 3 hour + show, sign autographs after wards and allow all fans 7 rows from the front to party with them backstage or back at the motel.
01-10-03 04:11 PM
masoudi There are afew of us kiwis coming over and ill be at the three sydney shows. Man this enmore theatre is going to rock. Im sure we can all organise to meet up the night before and get our rocks off pre show. There is talk of going to the hard rock on the monday night and all meeting there. I have seen them overseas a quite a few times and have never done the hotel waiting outside thing but this could be the last time (dare I say it) so may give it a shot. Anyone know where they will stay in sydney??
As far as lining up, pre enmore, I assume the gates open at a certain time and its first in the line first in the door. How many can stand at the front. If there are 2000 tickets, what is the ratio of standing to seating, if anyone knows??

Cheers, Brendon
01-10-03 11:58 PM
gypsymofo60 So long as I get a ticket they can play Abba's greatest hits for all I care...No, but seriously I'd prefer not to hear 'Like A Rollin' Stone', and it'd be nice if they thought of something different at the end instead of Brown Sugar, JJF, and Satisfaction blending into one another again....I'm glad someone saw sense at last and decided to put on the third show. Anyone from Melbourne's gotta see that two shows at Rod Laver was never gonna be enough.
01-11-03 12:29 AM
stonedinaustralia gmf - pm for you
01-11-03 01:04 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
gmf - pm for you

Got it SIA! One for you now too, Cheers!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST