ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden - January 16, 2003

Shannon Stapleton/Reuters
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE ROLLING STONES Return to archive
01-06-03 08:07 PM
exile I saw a post somewhere recently here that

"Ladies and Gentlemen The Rolling Stones" was available on DVD in Australia.....

I have been searching High and low and cant locate it anyone got any ideas?

Also anyone know if you can get a copy of "Cocksucker Blues" on DVD? I have a video of it but recently joined the DVD revelution when video packed it in.
01-06-03 09:55 PM
fmk438j It's not available, as in official release.

What you read was someone that has transfered the Australian master video (released here officially in early eighties) to DVD, plus overdubbed the new audio from the reel source.

01-06-03 10:00 PM
exile Ok cool
and is there anywhere in Australia you can get your hands on a copy of LAGTRS ? and CS BLUES?

i saw the photo's of the case and everything looked nice
01-06-03 10:11 PM
gypsymofo60 Fmk, I don't know whether you're still on line or not, but I just sent you an email on this subject. Why is this film only avalible from an Aussie master? I haven't seen the film since 1986. And although I never saw Cock. Suck. Blues, Ladies& Gentlemen's gotta be the best concert footage of the band.
01-06-03 10:17 PM
fmk438j Check your mail Exile.

Why it was released here and no where else I don't know.

Did you see it in a movie theater?

I'm just about to reply to your mail.
01-06-03 10:18 PM
JaggaRichards e Bay always has L&G and CSB on DVD
but buyer beware
01-06-03 10:26 PM
gypsymofo60 I saw it at a cinema in the early eighties, every school holidays The Astor in Melbourne would run it along with other rock films like 'The Last Waltz', 'The Kids Are Allright', 'Woodstock', etc, but the last time I saw it was on VHS.
01-06-03 10:34 PM
fmk438j Wow, must have been amazing. I wonder if those reels stayed in AUs?

That would be the ultimate garage sale find lol. "Hey bud, I'll give ya dollar for this old box of reels".
01-06-03 10:40 PM
exile I have never seen ladies and gentlemen

CS BLUES and Ladies and Gentlemen are available on DVD on sites out there but i was worried about the region thing
DVD not playing in dvd machines set to certain regions
also dodgy traders ripping people off....

so when I saw a australian release of LAGTRS in it case i freaked out

So if anyone knows where you can buy a copy I would really appreciate it

I have a copy of CS Blues bought it off internet some years ago its not a good copy probably 5th or 6th generation maybe i can go somewhere and get it converted onto DVD

fmk438j I didnt recieve any mail from you

[Edited by exile]
[Edited by exile]
01-06-03 10:43 PM
fmk438j Getting it converted to DVD won't fix a thing.
01-06-03 10:48 PM
exile No i realise that
it wouldnt fix anything

just that i only have DVD now no video thats all

I think it would be pretty hard to get a decent copy of CS BLUES as it has been copied so much

if anyone knows of a place where you can get a DVD copy of Ladies and Gentlemen or CS BLUES though that would be great.
01-06-03 11:05 PM
gypsymofo60 A big CHEERS fmk, I've replied to your last email. It was great on the big screen indeed, the VHS I saw in '86 was a good copy too. I'm sure there are original reels out there, because The Astor would play it at least every Summer holidays from 1975 when it was released through until the early eighties.
01-06-03 11:44 PM
littleredrooster I bought it from a guy who advertised iton this board as remastered Aussie DVD last month and it sucked!!!
Don't buy one the video is DARK !! AUDIO is V good.
Some others have a better copy as they say it is OK.
I'd like someone to send me a copy if they think it is good. I don't have a DVD burner.

I saw the original in the theater 16 track (QUAD) and it was fantastic!
This was when it was released in the 70s

Roostah
01-06-03 11:52 PM
exile did he have pictures of the case and disc posted as well?
if so it was probably the pics i saw
01-07-03 04:02 PM
exile anyone got the address of that post? featuring LAGTRS DVD
01-08-03 06:05 AM
ozstones Hi all (especially to all you Downunder Stones fans out there)

I have an original VHS of the video released in Australia back in the mid eighties. The picture is the best that I have seen (and that includes the bootleg DVDs that are kicking around)though the audio is only average. If you really care about the sound that much get yourself a copy (buy the original)of the new Sister Morphine release which features the soundtrack in best ever quality.

Until the Stones release a DVD of this film (please!)I will stick with the Aussie VHS. Best bar none in my opinion.

Cheers

Andrew
01-08-03 07:35 AM
Half Nanker Exile, here are the artwork links. For ordering, etc. contact [email protected]

Just to set things somewhat straight, this is not the same version being sold by Tabcom, who has advertised here. Most recently regarding the New Orleans '78 DVD with Ft. Worth Soundboard. I purchased Ladies & Gentlemen from him and while it was an improvement (slightly) over the vhs copies I have owned, it pales GREATLY over this effort. I don't know how anyone can say this sucks. There is definitely confusion here. But whatever, to each their own. Don't shoot the messenger or, someone else's opinion I guess. Here's to more material in 2003.

http://markzep.home.mindspring.com/RSDVD.jpg
http://markzep.home.mindspring.com/RScover.jpg
http://markzep.home.mindspring.com/RS72_Case.jpg
http://markzep.home.mindspring.com/RS72cd.jpg
01-08-03 08:46 AM
exile Thank you all for your replys and mail
greatly appreciated
01-09-03 05:52 AM
ozstones Hi

Do you know the source for the DVD as in generation of VHS?

Cheers

Andrew

quote:
Half Nanker wrote:
Exile, here are the artwork links. For ordering, etc. contact [email protected]

Just to set things somewhat straight, this is not the same version being sold by Tabcom, who has advertised here. Most recently regarding the New Orleans '78 DVD with Ft. Worth Soundboard. I purchased Ladies & Gentlemen from him and while it was an improvement (slightly) over the vhs copies I have owned, it pales GREATLY over this effort. I don't know how anyone can say this sucks. There is definitely confusion here. But whatever, to each their own. Don't shoot the messenger or, someone else's opinion I guess. Here's to more material in 2003.

http://markzep.home.mindspring.com/RSDVD.jpg
http://markzep.home.mindspring.com/RScover.jpg
http://markzep.home.mindspring.com/RS72_Case.jpg
http://markzep.home.mindspring.com/RS72cd.jpg

01-09-03 08:18 AM
corgi37 Hey Gypsy, i remember those far off days when LAGTRS was at the pictures too. I actually remember seeing a promo for it at the Capitol in Swanston st. Shit, it must have been before the main flick came on, the wonderful Towering Inferno. But, it hasnt done the rounds here for years, as far as i know. I have rung every distributor i can think of during the past 5 years or so, and it is deleted from all referecences. I have a video of it, in a lovely old cardboard video box. It was the 1st vid i ever bought, back in 82 and cost me $70!!
01-09-03 03:49 PM
Half Nanker Andrew,

All I know is that the "source" DVD was obtained via ebay and the film was taken from "an" Australian master. This person synced this video source with the incredible soundtrack that surfaced last summer via RollingStonesBoots trading group. It's the best version, visually, I have ever seen. Apart from the orginal that I saw in the theaters in the 70's. The sound?...off the charts, as everyone will agree.

Half

01-09-03 04:07 PM
jb Please advise price and I will send you cash via Fed Ex for a copy..thanks.
01-09-03 04:44 PM
KeithRichards210 I have the cd soundtrack to L&G...shit, what a find! This one rivals the best Brussels show available in sound quality. Now to find that damn video in the same quality...
01-09-03 04:45 PM
jb Hello Keith..I hope your a bit more friendly here.
01-09-03 04:47 PM
sasca A Syd Barrett DVD is due out in March. I want, oooh I want.

p.s. Hi KR210
01-09-03 04:47 PM
Half Nanker jb- write to:
[email protected]

and inquire about particulars.

01-10-03 07:20 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
jb wrote:
Please advise price and I will send you cash via Fed Ex for a copy..thanks.

Check your PMs JB, if it didn't work contact me on the board. Gyppo.
01-10-03 07:28 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Hey Gypsy, i remember those far off days when LAGTRS was at the pictures too. I actually remember seeing a promo for it at the Capitol in Swanston st. Shit, it must have been before the main flick came on, the wonderful Towering Inferno. But, it hasnt done the rounds here for years, as far as i know. I have rung every distributor i can think of during the past 5 years or so, and it is deleted from all referecences. I have a video of it, in a lovely old cardboard video box. It was the 1st vid i ever bought, back in 82 and cost me $70!!

Corgi, those certainly were the days(I'm getting all dewy eyed just reminiscing on it), yeah! We couldn't see 'em live in the flesh, so for years we just rocked up to The Astor in St. Kilda and got a yearly dose of LAGTRS...I should've nicked the video in '86! OH! The dog chewed it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01-11-03 01:20 AM
gypsymofo60 JB, another PM!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST