ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA - January 13, 2006
© AP Photo/Steven Senne with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Infamy right from the start (Infamy appreciation society) Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 9th, 2006 12:45 PM
JaggerLips INFAMY has got to be one of the best Keith songs going, loved it when I got the album, love it even more now.

Love the line

YOU'VE ALREADY CONVICTED ME!
January 9th, 2006 12:46 PM
blackandblue you got it in for me!
January 9th, 2006 12:48 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
you got it in for me!

I know you've got in for me!
January 9th, 2006 12:51 PM
blackandblue
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:

I know you've got in for me!

I knew it right from the start!

But you're right. It's a great Keith tune
January 9th, 2006 12:56 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

I knew it right from the start!

But you're right. It's a great Keith tune

All you do is wipe the floor with me
Why baby why?

(I am quoting from the song here )
[Edited by JaggerLips]
January 9th, 2006 01:35 PM
jb Worst keith "rocker" ever....a snooze fest imo...............I even prefer The Worst and Slipping Away to this bore of a song..but , to each his own..enjoy.
January 9th, 2006 01:38 PM
pdog Keith has a few great songs, and this is one of them... Not great live however. It's too mid tempo to be a rocker, but not really a ballad either... Little T&A and Infamy would work well live in his set...
January 9th, 2006 01:43 PM
jb Exactly,...it simply is not a rocker to off-set his dreadful ballads...................
January 9th, 2006 01:45 PM
erikjjf You made it very, very clear...
blackandblue
quote:
jb wrote:
Exactly,...it simply is not a rocker to off-set his dreadful ballads...................

Glad you enjoy it!
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
Exactly,...it simply is not a rocker to off-set his dreadful ballads...................

He should start with it and then dig out happy, BTMMR or Lil T&A... Then back to the Warhorse set...
January 9th, 2006 01:53 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

He should start with it and then dig out happy, BTMMR or Lil T&A... Then back to the Warhorse set...

I have heard Happy or BTMMR enough these last many tours...I would rather hear Can't Be Seen, T and A, or even Wanna Hold you in the "Rock song" spot.
January 9th, 2006 01:55 PM
speedfreakjive Wanna Hold You sucks IMO
January 9th, 2006 01:58 PM
blackandblue
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Wanna Hold You sucks IMO

Right it's by far the worst song the Stones ever recorded.
A disgrace.
January 9th, 2006 01:59 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I have heard Happy or BTMMR enough these last many tours...I would rather hear Can't Be Seen, T and A, or even Wanna Hold you in the "Rock song" spot.

Me too... My personal Favorite is thru and Thru. Greatest Keith/Stones tune ever!
January 9th, 2006 02:03 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

Me too... My personal Favorite is thru and Thru. Greatest Keith/Stones tune ever!

I heard them play it at the United Center in 2003....stole the show for me! I like it a lot too, i thought it came off very good live!

While Wanna Hold You is by no means a "great Stones Song" Anyone who considers it the "worst stones song ever recorded" is wearing blinders. I can think of PLENTY that are worse:

Back to Zero
Winning Ugly
Sing This SOng All Together
In Another Land
Indian Girl
Streets Of Love
New Faces
Continental Drift
Rice Crispies Jingle
Just Wanna See His Face

etc
January 9th, 2006 02:11 PM
blackandblue
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I heard them play it at the United Center in 2003....stole the show for me! I like it a lot too, i thought it came off very good live!

While Wanna Hold You is by no means a "great Stones Song" Anyone who considers it the "worst stones song ever recorded" is wearing blinders. I can think of PLENTY that are worse:

Back to Zero
Winning Ugly
Sing This SOng All Together
In Another Land
Indian Girl
Streets Of Love
New Faces
Continental Drift
Rice Crispies Jingle
Just Wanna See His Face

etc

You must be out of your mind by mentioning Continental Drift and Just wanna see his face. These are classic songs.
[Edited by blackandblue]
January 9th, 2006 02:12 PM
speedfreakjive Whats wrong with Little Indian Girl? It has some nice smooth acoustic guitar on it, good vocal. One of the better songs on the first half of EM for me,
January 9th, 2006 02:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Whats wrong with Little Indian Girl? It has some nice smooth acoustic guitar on it, good vocal. One of the better songs on the first half of EM for me,

it just didnt seem to flow within the album for me...I like mostly all stones songs, but some dont do it for me....and Continental Drift and Might as Well Get Juiced are the two worst for me along with half of the crap on TSMR
January 9th, 2006 02:19 PM
jb
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Whats wrong with Little Indian Girl? It has some nice smooth acoustic guitar on it, good vocal. One of the better songs on the first half of EM for me,

Agreed....
January 9th, 2006 02:23 PM
blackandblue
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

it just didnt seem to flow within the album for me...I like mostly all stones songs, but some dont do it for me....and Continental Drift and Might as Well Get Juiced are the two worst for me along with half of the crap on TSMR

Please remove me from your exclusive list with people you would like to have a drank with!
[Edited by blackandblue]
January 9th, 2006 02:27 PM
speedfreakjive JB - finally we agree on something!

Pug - Juiced really sucks, whats with the electronic synth noise at the start? Really bad. I won't mention CD, because of a certain member with his name beginning with G.
January 9th, 2006 02:30 PM
jb
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
JB - finally we agree on something!

Pug - Juiced really sucks, whats with the electronic synth noise at the start? Really bad. I won't mention CD, because of a certain member with his name beginning with G.

I love all of ER....and "Juiced" truly does suck...
January 9th, 2006 02:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I love all of ER....and "Juiced" truly does suck...

ER is a favorite album of mine, just dont care for Indian Girl...the horns done sound very "stonesy"
January 9th, 2006 02:34 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

ER is a favorite album of mine, just dont care for Indian Girl...the horns done sound very "stonesy"

Let Me Go in concert was incredible in 81!!!!
January 9th, 2006 02:39 PM
Joey " Whats wrong with Little Indian Girl? It has some nice smooth acoustic guitar on it, good vocal. One of the better songs on the first half of EM for me ... "

I would like to bite and kiss you .

January 9th, 2006 02:54 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Let Me Go in concert was incredible in 81!!!!

could have become a warhorse, especially if they would have included the verse about the gay bars.

it was a highlight of the show....and I did like Ernie Watts' contribution.
January 9th, 2006 02:56 PM
speedfreakjive Incidentally,LOL. Infamy is growing on me. I didn't like it at first; I thought it was tacky and gimmicky, but now i'm thinking its quite original and funny.

"its you that wrote the song, now baby, but me thats gotta sing!" love that line.
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
January 9th, 2006 02:58 PM
jb
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Incidentally,LOL. Infamy is growing on me. I didn't like it at first; I thought it was tacky and gimmicky, but now i'm thinking its quite original and funny.

"its you that wrote the song, now baby, but me thats gotta sing!" love that line.
[Edited by speedfreakjive]

It's a forced "rocker"....it just doesn't hang withketh's better material....
January 9th, 2006 03:01 PM
speedfreakjive Yeah, its a bit repetitive too.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)