ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA - January 13, 2006
© AP Photo/Steven Senne with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: INXS Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 9th, 2006 09:19 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I was bought a dvd of INXS live at Wembley Stadium (1991 i think) over christmas and I cant belive how good these guys were. Especially Michael Huchence.

I enjoyed it so much that I went out and bought the dvd of all of their videos and a cd of all of their stuff. It has been in constant play in my house for a few weeks now.

I didnt how many good songs they wrote

New Sensation
Never Tear Us Apart
Elegantly Wasted
Mystify
Suicide Blonde
Beautiful Girl
Need You Tonight

What do you guys think?
January 9th, 2006 09:32 AM
BILL PERKS THEY ARE A FANTASTIC BAND..I LOVE THE NEW SINGLE
January 9th, 2006 09:55 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I havent heard the new single. I did see adverts fot the TV show which recruited the new lead singer. I thought that was a bit cheesy. It wasnt much of a success in the UK. Whoeverthey appointed will have a very tough job filling Hutchence's boots
January 9th, 2006 10:08 AM
speedfreakjive Disappear is a personal fave of mine.
January 9th, 2006 10:21 AM
egon Are you people srieus?

I used to like INX... back in 1987 that is.
Kick was a great album. but can't listen to it now.
very outdated (like most of their stuff).

Saw them live around 1989/1991.
definitely not impressed and i believe i walked out before the end.

And then the popstar thing..... Brrrrrrr
January 9th, 2006 10:24 AM
glencar The guy who won that show was a former Elvez impersonator. I like the new song & I still like the old INXS stuff. I remember just getting into Vegas for the 1997 Stones show when I heard on the radio that Hutchence had killed himself.
January 9th, 2006 10:28 AM
voodoopug
quote:
egon wrote:
Are you people srieus?

I used to like INX... back in 1987 that is.
Kick was a great album. but can't listen to it now.
very outdated (like most of their stuff).

Saw them live around 1989/1991.
definitely not impressed and i believe i walked out before the end.

And then the popstar thing..... Brrrrrrr

It disturbs me that I go on to one of my two favorite stones message boards and have to read how great INXS is...I guess that is better than a "praise bono" thread. INXS will be on "the Enemies List"
January 9th, 2006 10:31 AM
glencar I praise Bono too! Liking teh Stones doesn't mean you can't appreciate other music. INXS & U2 aren't Journey & REO Speedwagon. If we had appreciation threads for them, I'd be offended.
January 9th, 2006 10:31 AM
Zeeta They're not too bad but I wouldn't listen to them purposefully...

He died having a wank off a door, that's uncool man!
January 9th, 2006 10:32 AM
Gimme Shelter the wife and I are actually going to see them in Oakland in a couple of weeks.
January 9th, 2006 10:35 AM
Voodoo Scrounge INXS are good. Hutchence was a great performance and had a fantastic voice.
January 9th, 2006 10:43 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I praise Bono too! Liking teh Stones doesn't mean you can't appreciate other music. INXS & U2 aren't Journey & REO Speedwagon. If we had appreciation threads for them, I'd be offended.

seeing as though Journey's song was used to celebrate the White Sox World Series, that puts them way ahead of U2 (but also 3rd grade choirs are above U2 in my eyes...I hate them with every fiber of my soul!)
January 9th, 2006 12:50 PM
Angiegirl I was a big fan between 86-91, I have all their albums. Saw them live in Holland 3 times in 90-91-92. Sound was often bad, but Michael was just sexy. I even managed to touch his shoes when I was front row in Eindhoven...
January 9th, 2006 07:22 PM
mickmask They're sold out for Toronto next month.
He's a Toronto/Oakville boy originally...so that's not surprising.
The new guys got as much sex appeal as my grandpa but he can sure belt out the favourites right style!

Love the new single.

MM.
January 10th, 2006 06:48 AM
corgi37 The new album has flopped just about everywhere, so they have something in common with the Stones.

I loved that karaoke show to find the new singer. Only cause of Brooke Burke, mind you. She is one sexy mofo.

I am surprised how good the new single is. Blends in very well with their past stuff. I have never liked them though. Hutchence was too much a Morrison wannabe, but with bad skin.

He did indeed die on the back of a door. With lovely painted toes, too. Serves the jerk right for getting it on with that horror Paula Yates and naming his kid Heavenly Hirani Tiger Lily.
January 10th, 2006 08:24 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
The new album has flopped just about everywhere, so they have something in common with the Stones.

I am surprised how good the new single is. Blends in very well with their past stuff. I have never liked them though. Hutchence was too much a Morrison wannabe, but with bad skin.

He did indeed die on the back of a door. With lovely painted toes, too. Serves the jerk right for getting it on with that horror Paula Yates and naming his kid Heavenly Hirani Tiger Lily.

PAULA YATES WAS ONE RIGHT SLAG;ALL ROCK RECORDS THAT ARENT IN TEENY BOPPER GENRE ARE NOT GONNA SELL ANYMORE,THE MARKET HAS CHANGED
January 10th, 2006 12:48 PM
mickmask
"Serves him right for naming his kid Heavenly Hirani Tiger Lily."

Well cripes!...That expains everything!

MM.
January 10th, 2006 12:59 PM
Gimme Shelter I got the new album and its really good.
January 10th, 2006 04:23 PM
Saint Sway INXS???!?!?!??!?!???!

ARE YOU F#CKING KIDDING ME??!?!??!?!!!!

they're such a poseur band!

LAME!!!

INXS was just fake drum beat pop crap. I hated them. I hate them more now that I watched a stupid show about crazy rock moments on VH1 this weekend and they played an INXS song and it sounded exactly like that gay guitar jangle in Rain Fall Down. As if I didnt hate that song enough already. Bam! I find out Sir Mick copped it off one of the most awful cheesy pop rock bands of all-time!!!

and now it all makes sense! NONE OF YOU KNOW WHAT REAL R&R IS!!!!! You like Rain Fall Down and the other bad shit on Bigger Bang bc you also like INXS, U2, Roxy Music, Pink, The Killers, Macca and all the other awful awful pop bands that try and masquerade as rock music. The bands you post about are horrific.

seriously! The pop shit that you old farts post about is absolutely dreadful. I cant believe any of you own a record with Mick Taylor on it.

Someone just yesterday posted about finally getting a copy of Exile!! What the friggin fuck???!!!??!!

theres more posts here about U2 than Exile

quote:
glencar wrote:
I praise Bono too! Liking teh Stones doesn't mean you can't appreciate other music. INXS & U2 aren't Journey & REO Speedwagon. If we had appreciation threads for them, I'd be offended.

Glencar, your musical taste is a solid notch below Ian Billens.

INXS & U2 are the musical brethren of bands like Journey and REO.

Yes, you can like the Stones and still appreciate all types of different music.

but being a die hard Stones fan and being raised on the Stones, should allow you to recognize the difference between the disposable, soulless pop crap that music execs constantly try to shove down the publics throats and real, honest music.

INXS is not real music. INXS is CRAP. No talent. No soul. Just cotton candy crap.
January 10th, 2006 06:23 PM
glencar Sway, you're confusing your OPINION for fact. You're as wrong as ever but I appreciate your odd sense of passion.
January 10th, 2006 06:26 PM
Saint Sway if you're referring to my OPINION that you have the musical taste of a sorority girl, then fine, you can disagree.

but it is a FACT that INXS are cheese.
January 10th, 2006 06:29 PM
glencar LOL OK, just so long as you understand. And stop squeezing my tits!
January 10th, 2006 08:35 PM
corgi37 Testify, Saint Sway, testify!
January 10th, 2006 08:47 PM
full moon Inxs sucks. But, come on Sway. Roxy is excellent.......
January 10th, 2006 10:26 PM
stonesmachine uh-oh
January 11th, 2006 03:56 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Wow. I didnt think everyone would get so hot under the colar about this. I only said that I liked them and asked if anybody else did. Whats with the huge debate.
January 11th, 2006 06:05 AM
egon why isn't this post on page 2 yet?
January 11th, 2006 06:31 AM
Voodoo Scrounge cos you just posted on it!
January 11th, 2006 06:41 AM
corgi37 Betcha MY post is on page 2!
January 11th, 2006 06:49 AM
egon
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
cos you just posted on it!

please ignore me.

damn...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)