ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA - January 13, 2006
© AP Photo/Steven Senne with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Show In Rio: First I Was Happy, Now I'm Getting Worried... Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 8th, 2006 09:47 PM
Bruno Stone The thing seemed so cool a month ago, but now... I'm very afraid of the whole thing, I'm reading people from Rio saying in the internet that it will be a mess, a lot of riots, robbery, all the things I'd suspected but did not want to believe, like when Lenny Kravitz played there.

Somebody please tell me the dates in Argentina and mainly if there is still time

Camaradas brasileiros, mantenham contato.
[Edited by Bruno Stone]
January 8th, 2006 09:54 PM
jb
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:
The thing seemed so cool a month ago, but now... I'm very afraid of the whole thing, I'm reading people from Rio saying in the internet that it will be a mess, a lot of riots, robbery, all the things I'd suspected but did not want to believe, like when Lenny Kravitz played there.

Somebody please tell me the dates in Argentina and mainly if there is still time

Camaradas brasileiros, mantenham contato.
[Edited by Bruno Stone]

I agree with you 100%.....................I am concerned as well.
January 8th, 2006 10:07 PM
MrPleasant Record it on video. It will be a one-of-a-kind document.
January 8th, 2006 10:08 PM
jb This whole thing has me worried and I can't imagine how they are going to pull it off....I am concerned.
January 8th, 2006 11:30 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
This whole thing has me worried and I can't imagine how they are going to pull it off....I am concerned.

Young jake will be put to the test
January 9th, 2006 12:25 AM
pdog Riots? In South America! I'm shocked!!!
January 9th, 2006 03:19 AM
Angiegirl "I predict a riot"
Kaiser Chiefs

Chill, it'll all work out fine I'm sure, I mean, the average Stones fan at these shows is 55+, and even in South America the average age will be at least 45
January 9th, 2006 05:15 AM
JumpingKentFlash It's gonna be shown on TV right???
January 9th, 2006 05:17 AM
corgi37 There will be so many cops and army people, it should be ok. Probably more security folk than fans!

If not, we can call it "Gimme Shelter 2". Or, "Gimme Shelter: Redux". Either way, it will make a hell of a dvd.
January 9th, 2006 06:47 AM
claudiomoraleida That's why I'm going to Argentina....But I hope everything goes well here !
January 9th, 2006 09:33 AM
Bruno Stone
quote:
claudiomoraleida wrote:
That's why I'm going to Argentina....But I hope everything goes well here !

Cláudio, de onde você vai sair? E o orçamento?
January 9th, 2006 10:16 AM
gimmekeef The tatto'ed folks from No Security will be there..But is could be an Altamont type thing if not handled well...Dont be surprised if it doesnt happen...
January 9th, 2006 11:23 AM
gustavobala Rio 2006 = Altamont 1969
January 9th, 2006 11:35 AM
Maxlugar The liberal media is already predicting 10,000 deaths, poor management and a quagmire the likes of which have not been seen since Afghanistan. The Rolling Stones will be there for years and with no exit plan in site.

Rio will be a disaster!

January 9th, 2006 11:36 AM
jb I'm scared.
January 9th, 2006 11:38 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I'm scared.

I advise we cancel our trip and not attend.
January 9th, 2006 11:44 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I advise we cancel our trip and not attend.

Agreed...plus S. America nearly killed our gross with 750k ticket ssold for F-U2 and a little over 100k for the Stones...Good call....ADDA at work again!!!
January 9th, 2006 11:51 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Agreed...plus S. America nearly killed our gross with 750k ticket ssold for F-U2 and a little over 100k for the Stones...Good call....ADDA at work again!!!

It is done!
January 9th, 2006 11:59 AM
jb We shall not attend.................it's our way of protesting the huge F-U2 support.......I thank you for your flexibility on this matter....have our people cancel the reservation/hotel/etc..........thanks Pug.
January 9th, 2006 12:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
We shall not attend.................it's our way of protesting the huge F-U2 support.......I thank you for your flexibility on this matter....have our people cancel the reservation/hotel/etc..........thanks Pug.

I just got off the phone with my companies travel rep, they can only send one refund, so it is going directly into my account. I will cut you a personal check and FED EX overnight it to you once funds are transferred to my account.
January 9th, 2006 12:08 PM
Jair Hello US folks, I hope you all be kidding, otherwise I must say you are being a bunch of stupid fucks about this topic.

Did I need remember that Altamont is not located in South America? Los Angeles also is not around, as long as I remember, and is not more peaceful than Rio.

Btw, I think it was over there in LA that police beat in a afro-american guy and caused some little trouble and destruction for a few...weeks???

Dont get me wrong or personal on this, though I wish send some of you kiss my ass. Angiegirl, as all of you can see, has posted a nice post and very fair position about it.

Now, if you wanna get political and explain me why there are so many poor countries in the world, go ahead. Jerks!
January 9th, 2006 12:10 PM
Jair
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I just got off the phone with my companies travel rep, they can only send one refund, so it is going directly into my account. I will cut you a personal check and FED EX overnight it to you once funds are transferred to my account.

And did you already find out in wich sty are you going to live?

[Edited by Jair]
January 9th, 2006 12:19 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Thank you................
January 9th, 2006 12:20 PM
pdog
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
The liberal media is already predicting 10,000 deaths, poor management and a quagmire the likes of which have not been seen since Afghanistan. The Rolling Stones will be there for years and with no exit plan in site.

Rio will be a disaster!

This is why you are the best poster...
EVER!!!
January 9th, 2006 12:21 PM
jb
quote:
Jair wrote:

And did you already find out in with sty are you going to live?

We are not attending b/c of F-U2 support...the security is not really my concern .....please do not attack the Pug this way!!! He is a great poster and even better human being....
January 9th, 2006 12:29 PM
Jair
quote:
jb wrote:

We are not attending b/c of F-U2 support...the security is not really my concern .....please do not attack the Pug this way!!! He is a great poster and even better human being....

Sorry, JB, its done, and IMO, I'm a better poster - even not speaking your language - and much, much better human being -- Well, at least I'm not hypocrite, thats for sure, neither a sucker submissive, like my pal JJF.

January 9th, 2006 12:32 PM
Jumacfly Meredith Hunter has also cancelled his trip to Rio.
No Meredith, no Altamont 2!
January 9th, 2006 12:41 PM
Jair
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Meredith Hunter has also cancelled his trip to Rio.
No Meredith, no Altamont 2!

LOL, thats a great post!!!

January 9th, 2006 01:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

thank you.
January 9th, 2006 01:12 PM
jb
quote:
Jair wrote:

Sorry, JB, its done, and IMO, I'm a better poster - even not speaking your language - and much, much better human being -- Well, at least I'm not hypocrite, thats for sure, neither a sucker submissive, like my pal JJF.

You are saying you are a better poster than the Pug!!!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)