ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA - January 13, 2006
© AP Photo/Steven Senne with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Do you think The Stones doing the half-time show is considered a total sell-out?....From Ian Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 3rd, 2006 12:06 PM
Monkey Woman The Stones selling out? A long-established tradition! What about that Rice Krispies commercial back in 1964?
January 3rd, 2006 12:13 PM
Saint Sway the Stones Super Bowl appearance is selling out.

thats a fact, not a question Ian.

not that I care. I only care that they dont embarrass themselves that day. Unfortunately, I am fearing the worst. Far worse than the AMAs disaster.
January 3rd, 2006 12:29 PM
The Wick
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Unfortunately, I am fearing the worst. Far worse than the AMAs disaster.

As long as they stay away from Rain Fall Down, I'll be happy. I'd be happier if they asked Micheal Jackson to come on stage and they do an updated version of State of Shock, instead of that terrible performance. I thought it was the sound, but when I heard it live, it was the same gag fest.
January 3rd, 2006 12:41 PM
kath rain fall down and streets of love. please...no!!!!
January 3rd, 2006 12:55 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
kath wrote:
rain fall down and streets of love. please...no!!!!

one of this song will be performed Kath..."you got me rockin" as well and my bet for the 3rd one is Satisfaction..touchdown!!
January 3rd, 2006 01:03 PM
sirmoonie Sell out of what? Sell out to whom? I don't understand questions like these, they make no sense.

Are the Stones interested in money, fame, and exposure? Is that the question?
January 3rd, 2006 02:35 PM
Joey " Are the Stones interested in money, fame, and exposure? "

January 3rd, 2006 03:43 PM
Sir Stonesalot Wait...

Stones Inc. is selling out?

Nawwww. Can't be. They'd never do that to us.

Yer all imagining things.
January 3rd, 2006 04:05 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the Stones Super Bowl appearance is selling out.

As long as the Patriots win that game
is all I care about.
January 3rd, 2006 04:17 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

As long as the Patriots win that game
is all I care about.

the Pats performance on sunday was almost as bad as The Salt Lake Incident
January 3rd, 2006 04:23 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Are the Stones interested in money, fame, and exposure? "

Joy,

Try to see it my way: do I have to keep on talking till I can’t go on?

Whats wrong about being just a little bit of hoggish?!? Leave Mick be, for love of god!

[Edited by Dick Bush]
January 3rd, 2006 05:05 PM
Some Guy Look for them to do Streets of Love with Nelly and Ashley Simpson. Then P Diddy comes bopping out to Satisfaction.
January 3rd, 2006 05:48 PM
bon jovi You have disappointed me again,Mick and co.
Shame on you!
January 3rd, 2006 05:55 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
bon jovi wrote:
You have disappointed me again,Mick and co.
Shame on you!

YIKES!!!!

you know the Stones have reached a new low when even the Bon Jovi fans find them lame

we have fallen on hard times
January 3rd, 2006 07:22 PM
Some Guy I just saw a preview for the new Pirates of the Caribean movie on CNN. Keith is in it, I think he was leaning in to Johnny and said' your not gonna talk your way out of this one". Pretty cool I must say.
January 3rd, 2006 07:26 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I just saw a preview for the new Pirates of the Caribean movie on CNN. Keith is in it, I think he was leaning in to Johnny and said' your not gonna talk your way out of this one". Pretty cool I must say.

Is this a definite? if its him, then its confirmation, i guess
January 4th, 2006 01:16 AM
gorda
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
The notion of the Stones "selling out" is pretty funny in itself - they did that as far back as 1981 when they were sponsored by Jovan Musk cologne.

. . .

I didn't know that! I just saw Jovan Musk cologne on sale at Walgreens! I think I'll go buy me a bottle just because!
January 4th, 2006 04:04 AM
CraigP Ok. Listen, I'm young, I know what's good.
Satisfaction - (St. Louis '98 style as an opener with Keith playing that kick-ass solo with the fur coat and
sunglasses on... not to mention the the heacy distortion).

Then mauye OHNNYA. I don't know how much time they are alllowed/songs... etc.

No more Start me up... I feel like stopping down for ever after that sang (which I love even though I'm sort-of sick of....)
January 4th, 2006 04:05 AM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
Gazza wrote:
youre too happy and content for your own good, Kent

just wait til you develop my degree of cynicism

BTW - sorry for delay on sending out the DVD. Xmas holidays and 'trees' kept me too busy. Will be en route tomorrow

For me it's impossible to develop cynicism towards The Stones. I just can't do it, because I love most of their stuff.

-I was wondering about the DVD. And I thought you waited to send it. And now I know you did, so no worries matey. And thanks again.
January 4th, 2006 09:27 PM
gypsymofo60 Well it's just another stage really innit?
January 4th, 2006 10:42 PM
jb It will be the worst thing ever..it will be hard to beleive this was the greatest band ever..it's a bloody fucking shame...........but they are obligated as ABB must hit 1.8 domecticallly and so far only 451k....they are forced to do this ....
January 5th, 2006 07:08 AM
Gazza
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:

For me it's impossible to develop cynicism towards The Stones. I just can't do it, because I love most of their stuff.

so do all of us. But thats not the point. Its not the music thats the problem, its their business decisions and marketing 'methods' (if there IS any 'method')

Its quite easy to separate a liking for the music with disappointment in other areas of what they do/dont stand for these days.

Blind adoration and a refusal to be suspicious or cynical about ANYTHING only leads to exploitation.
January 5th, 2006 07:15 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

so do all of us. But thats not the point. Its not the music thats the problem, its their business decisions and marketing 'methods' (if there IS any 'method')

Its quite easy to separate a liking for the music with disappointment in other areas of what they do/dont stand for these days.

Blind adoration and a refusal to be suspicious or cynical about ANYTHING only leads to exploitation.

True, but is doing the Superbowl exploitation? Could anyone work out the price of a Superbowl ticket, and guesstimate the added value caused by the Stones' prescence? I.e, I don't know what past prices have been etc.
January 5th, 2006 10:55 AM
glencar I don't see how they DON'T perform SMU. I'd prefer that they didn't but it's a solid bet that they'll do it.
January 5th, 2006 10:58 AM
Ihavelotsajam Sports tickets are so expensive in the US every match ever played is exploitation without the Stones even being there.
January 5th, 2006 10:59 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Amen Gazza!
January 5th, 2006 11:00 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I don't see how they DON'T perform SMU. I'd prefer that they didn't but it's a solid bet that they'll do it.

It must be played!!!!
January 5th, 2006 11:03 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:

It must be played!!!!

they will play it for sure.with RFD and Brown sugar.
we should bet guys!
January 5th, 2006 11:03 AM
glencar NO!
January 5th, 2006 11:05 AM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

they will play it for sure.with RFD and Brown sugar.
we should bet guys!

I tend to agree...but if theymust embarass us with new materail, please ONNYA or RJ...........They have used RJ many times this year on MNF
[Edited by jb]
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)