ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Olympiastadion, Berlin, Germany - 21st July 2006
© with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill Wyman to play on next Paolo Nutini album Return to archive
6th January 2008 12:46 PM
Gazza Stones Legend To Play On Paolo's Next Album

Jan 6 2008 Billy Sloan

ROLLING STONES legend Bill Wyman is so knocked out by Paolo Nutini he has volunteered to play on his new album.

The veteran bassist reckons the Scots star in one of the best young singers in rock.

And Bill, 71, should know. During his 45-year music career he has played alongside Mick Jagger, John Lennon and Rod Stewart.

Last month, Paolo appeared with Bill's band The Rhythm Kings at the Led Zeppelin reunion gig in London.

They performed Ray Charles' Mess Around and the 1966 Cher hit, Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down).

Bill said: "Paolo is a great young singer. He's got a very original style.

"When I heard his records I was impressed. He's got this unusual way of singing I find charming. He doesn't sing the way you'd expect a guy of 20 to sing. It makes him stand out. He enjoyed fronting the Rhythm Kings so much he asked if he can use the band on his next album.

"I'd love to do it. I hope the timing is right so we can sort it out."

Bill will play the Celtic Connections festival with a gig at Glasgow's Royal Concert Hall on February 2. The show is part of a 32-date tour which includes shows at the Rothes Hall, Glenrothes, on January 24, Aberdeen Music Hall on February 3 and Dundee Caird Hall the next night.

It is 14 years since Bill quit the Stones. He formed The Rhythm Kings in 1997 and has no regrets.

He said: "I get to play with great musicians and do a variety of music, not just heavy rock 'n' roll.

"I can enjoy brief bursts with the band instead of spending a month rehearsing with the Stones before going off on a six-month world tour."

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/tv-showbiz-news/music-news/music-reviews/2008/01/06/stones-legend-to-play-on-paolo-s-next-album-78057-20276148/
6th January 2008 02:03 PM
glencar Guy sounds like a chocolate bar!
6th January 2008 02:04 PM
fireontheplatter 6 month world tour? i like that.

it is hard to believe it has been 13 years since leaving the stones and that he is 71 years old.

what can i say....best of luck to bill and stay away from the 15 piece buckets.
6th January 2008 02:58 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
6 month world tour? i like that.

er...read it again....

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)