ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Olympiastadion, Berlin, Germany - 21st July 2006
© with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Night Punk Rock was born Return to archive
5th January 2008 09:13 PM
Fiji Joe Kurhaus 1964 -- Mayhem complete with stage rushing, chair throwing and crowd surfing...the night punk rock was born

5th January 2008 10:03 PM
guitarman53 Yes, the Early Stones Concerts, Keith said they didn't play concerts in those days, They played riots, I would love to see footage from Blackpool where these Scots spit on the Stones, & Keith publicly warned the guy you do that one more time & I'll kick you right in the face, well, He did, & the only thing that saved the Stones from being killed was a 6' stage, oh, the old days, yes, they were the first punks, forget about Johnny Rotten, they were the first.
5th January 2008 10:07 PM
SweetVirginia Andrew Loog Oldham used to say the women got so excited, there wasn't a dry seat in the house.
5th January 2008 10:13 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Andrew Loog Oldham used to say the women got so excited, there wasn't a dry seat in the house.

Lot of crying huh?
5th January 2008 10:33 PM
SweetVirginia Feej---have I told you lately that I love you?
5th January 2008 10:52 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Feej---have I told you lately that I love you?

Right back at ya slick...
5th January 2008 11:15 PM
mojoman no link wray?
6th January 2008 10:52 AM
gimmekeef At the 55 sec spot..you can see a very young Blondie desperatley making his way to the stage
6th January 2008 12:30 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
At the 55 sec spot..you can see a very young Blondie desperatley making his way to the stage

Blondie is Dutch?
6th January 2008 04:59 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Blondie is Dutch?

he fought in the boer war i understand and following its end decided not to repatriate
6th January 2008 05:07 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

he fought in the boer war i understand and following its end decided not to repatriate

Photobucket
6th January 2008 05:13 PM
Sioux Oh yeah, there was nothing wilder. Can you imagine playing a song or two {before having to abandon all instruments} and running for your lives, with all those guards/policemen on stage with you? And the flying chairs and bodies...just insane. Yeah, Blackpool was rough. As was Scotland. I know, at one show, even the grand piano on stage {or in the "pit"?} was destroyed. And at that same show, someone saved the neck of Bill's bass and gave it to him as they jumped into their escape car. It was the only thing left....
6th January 2008 05:20 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Sioux wrote:
Oh yeah, there was nothing wilder. Can you imagine playing a song or two {before having to abandon all instruments} and running for your lives, with all those guards/policemen on stage with you? And the flying chairs and bodies...just insane. Yeah, Blackpool was rough. As was Scotland. I know, at one show, even the grand piano on stage {or in the "pit"?} was destroyed. And at that same show, someone saved the neck of Bill's bass and gave it to him as they jumped into their escape car. It was the only thing left....

All those war babies had to vent.
6th January 2008 05:54 PM
Sioux Well, they did a pretty good job of that! Can you imagine the Beatley-boys trying to do a nice little concert, in their Continental suits, with all that mayhem going on??? Much worse than Hamburg ever was, I would reckon {at least in sheer numbers of insane audience members!!}
6th January 2008 06:10 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Sioux wrote:
Well, they did a pretty good job of that! Can you imagine the Beatley-boys trying to do a nice little concert, in their Continental suits, with all that mayhem going on??? Much worse than Hamburg ever was, I would reckon {at least in sheer numbers of insane audience members!!}

1st time in man's history that kids got so violent from music? I know Elvis worked them up, but not like that. I would listen to them before meets when I was in HS to get jacked. That was quite a bit after 64.
[Edited by TampabayStone]
6th January 2008 07:06 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Sioux wrote:
Can you imagine the Beatley-boys trying to do a nice little concert, in their Continental suits, with all that mayhem going on???

Ah, the Beatles were rather well known for generating their fair share of crowd excitement at the time as well.

OK now

6th January 2008 07:45 PM
guitarman53
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Ah, the Beatles were rather well known for generating their fair share of crowd excitement at the time as well.

OK now

Absolutely right! let's have no disrespect for the Beatles, the reason why the screaming girls happened was because of Beatlemania, just ask the Stones about that! when Blackpool happened the Scots were pissed of because their girlfriends were screaming at the Stones, & to teach them a lesson, they decided to spit at them, only they didn't think a member of the band was going kick the leader right in the face, The Beatles have been through their rough times with touring, that's why they packed it in in 1966.
6th January 2008 08:01 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

OK now

It seems like the Beatles were in smaller venues when the exitement of the crowd got violent. I may be wrong, but from what I've read and seen footage of, it was a powder keg at those Stone shows. It was the music, not a band member flirting with the girls. I don't think people drive fast when a raging Beatles song comes on the radio.

7th January 2008 12:04 AM
Sioux Oh, I'm not dissing the Beatles. I'm just saying I don't think ANY of their shows could compare to the utter chaos and mayhem of some of those early Stones shows. I never saw video of seats, chandeliers, and people flying up on the stage during a Beatles concert. Or pictures afterwards of a totally trashed venue. And the Stones usually only got to play a song or two {if that!} in some of those shows before they had to drop the instruments and run!

At Beatle shows, the screaming and "wildness" was due to excitement. Mostly female excitement. At the Stones shows, the anarchy was due to that, PLUS anger and the acting out of the many male audience members. There were more guys at the Stones shows than girls. It was the opposite for the Beatles.
7th January 2008 12:32 AM
pdog "Kurhaus 1964 -- Mayhem complete with stage rushing, chair throwing and crowd surfing...the night punk rock was born"

Just rock and roll, pissing off and acaring the shit out of the old folks... which is funny, b/c back then the old folks were 30+...

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)