ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Olympiastadion, Berlin, Germany - 21st July 2006
© with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stephen Stills battles prostate cancer Return to archive
20th December 2007 10:22 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Rocker Stephen Stills battles prostate cancer
Tue Dec 18, 2007

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Singer/songwriter Stephen Stills, best known for his work with folk-rock trio Crosby, Stills and Nash, has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, according to bandmate Graham Nash.

Nash told TV talk show host Larry King in a telephone interview late on Monday that Stills is set to undergo an operation on January 3, which happens to be his 63rd birthday.

The news came a day after Dan Fogelberg died at the age of 56, three years after the '70s folk singer was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer. Upon learning that he had the disease, Fogelberg urged men over age 50 to get tested.

Nash said an early diagnosis of the disease had potentially saved Stills' life.

"Unlike Danny (Fogelberg), who left it too long to be seriously checked, Stephen found his at an early stage," he told CNN's "Larry King Live" show.

No one was immediately available from Stills' management team to comment.

The third member of the band, David Crosby, has also been ill, forcing the postponement of a U.S. tour earlier this year. Details of Crosby's illness were not disclosed, but he was back on stage by mid-year.

Crosby, Stills and Nash comprised one of rock's biggest acts and embodied Woodstock-era folk-rock sensibilities of peace, love and music. They were known for hits including "Teach Your Children," "Woodstock," and "Marrakesh Express."

Stills rose to fame in the mid-1960s alongside Neil Young in Buffalo Springfield, before teaming up with Crosby and Nash (and sometimes Young). The eclectic guitarist maintained a parallel solo career, which yielded such notable tunes as "Love the One You're With" and "We Are Not Helpless."
20th December 2007 11:23 AM
Sioux I read that last night and my heart leaped up into my throat. He's one of my all time favorites and this was stunning news. SO thankful that they caught it early...
20th December 2007 11:44 AM
Joey

We must all drop to our knees and say a prayer for this fine individual .

" Tree Top Flier Ronnie ! "

Joey Cong ! ™
20th December 2007 11:57 AM
JohnLeeHacker
quote:
Joey wrote:

We must all drop to our knees and say a prayer for this fine individual .

" Tree Top Flier Ronnie ! "

Joey Cong ! ™

Here is my prayer:
no prostat, no rectal touch!

Crazy true.
20th December 2007 01:46 PM
gimmekeef Hope he makes it smoothly.Love his stuff even so..its far too common now...have a friend going thru this...looks like he'll be okay but scares the hell outta you
20th December 2007 02:43 PM
Blowey Damn. Does anyone know if Hamsters can be trained to check your prostate?

I could kill two birds with one stone, ya know?

I remain,

Your Lil' Blowey!
20th December 2007 03:47 PM
Joey
quote:
Blowey wrote:
Damn. Does anyone know if Hamsters can be trained to check your prostate?

I could kill two birds with one stone, ya know?

I remain,

Your Lil' Blowey!

You know something son .......

Will Rogers NEVER met you , ... DID he ?!

'kins , Est. 1999 --- and loved by all !!!!

21st December 2007 12:16 AM
Child of the Moon That's awful news. I really hope for Steve's speedy recovery. I saw him earlier this year in Boise, and he seemed in good health, and great spirits. I'm just glad they caught it early.

I give the guy a lot of shit on a daily basis, but in all honesty, I consider the guy one of the all-time under-appreciated greats of rock and roll.
21st December 2007 04:39 AM
corgi37 CSN were due out in Oz soon. WOnder if its off?
21st December 2007 11:30 AM
polytoxic Man..not ready to have this guy go yet. Hope it all works out okay.

To spead some love, enjoy Stills channeling his inner Hendrix here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZh7MrDVke4

[Edited by polytoxic]
21st December 2007 11:36 AM
Blowey
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
CSN were due out in Oz soon. WOnder if its off?

*** ? ****

***** WTF ?! ******

Blow'kins
21st December 2007 11:38 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Blowey wrote:

*** ? ****

***** WTF ?! ******

Blow'kins

Fuckin "A" Blowey

you ask the questions....the world is afraid to ask !
21st December 2007 11:52 AM
Blowey
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

Fuckin "A" Blowey

You bet your sweet bippy!!!!!

EVERYONE loves Blowey!!!!

And I in turn love you all too! I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!..................

I remain,

Forever your Blowey!
21st December 2007 11:53 AM
gypsy Best Stephen Stills yet!!!
21st December 2007 03:26 PM
Joey
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

Fuckin "A" Joey

That's right Bloozey ..............

..... that is RIGHT !!!!!

**** INSERT THUMBS UP PICTURE HERE !!!!! ******
21st December 2007 05:53 PM
fireontheplatter best of luck to stephen stills

i like his music
4th January 2008 06:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Stephen Stills recovers from cancer surgery: wife
Fri Jan 4, 2008

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Singer and songwriter Stephen Stills, best known as one-third of rock trio Crosby, Stills and Nash, has undergone successful surgery for prostate cancer and is recovering well, his wife said.

"Stephen's procedure went remarkably well and he couldn't be better," Kristen Stills said in a statement late on Thursday. "He will be home by noon (Friday), and the pain will be minimal."

Stills, who turned 63 on Thursday, had been diagnosed with prostate cancer late last year, and bandmate Graham Nash disclosed his condition in a December interview with television talk show host Larry King.

At the time, Nash said early diagnosis of the disease had potentially saved Stills' life.

Crosby, Stills and Nash comprised one of rock music's biggest acts and embodied Woodstock-era folk-rock sensibilities of peace, love and music. They were known for hits including "Teach Your Children," "Woodstock," and "Marrakesh Express."

For a time, the trio was joined by Neil Young, with whom Stills worked in the mid-1960s in the band Buffalo Springfield.

A documentary feature film of the 2006 "Freedom of Speech" concert tour by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, called "CSNY/Deja Vu" will be shown later this month at the Sundance Film Festival, and Still remains scheduled to attend.

Stills also plans a North American solo tour this spring in support of his recently released album, "Just Roll Tape," according to Kristen Stills' statement.
4th January 2008 07:12 PM
Sioux That's great news! Thanks...

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)