ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Olympiastadion, Berlin, Germany - 21st July 2006
© with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Time Magazine's ' Person of the Year ' is ........ ( Stones content ) Return to archive Page: 1 2
19th December 2007 10:37 AM
Joey http://www.time.com/time/

" Person of the Year 2007 "

" Vladimir Putin : A Tsar Is Born "

" No one is born with a stare like Vladimir Putin's. The Russian President's pale blue eyes are so cool, so devoid of emotion that the stare must have begun as an affect, the gesture of someone who understood that power might be achieved by the suppression of ordinary needs, like blinking. The affect is now seamless, which makes talking to the Russian President not just exhausting but often chilling. It's a gaze that says, I'm in charge.

" This may explain why there is so little visible security at Putin's dacha, Novo-Ogarevo, the grand Russian presidential retreat set inside a birch- and fir-forested compound west of Moscow. To get there from the capital requires a 25-minute drive through the soul of modern Russia, past decrepit Soviet-era apartment blocks, the mashed-up French Tudor-villa McMansions of the new oligarchs and a shopping mall that boasts not just the routine spoils of affluence like Prada and Gucci but Lamborghinis and Ferraris too.

When you arrive at the dacha's faux-neoclassical gate, you have to leave your car and hop into one of the Kremlin's vehicles that slowly wind their way through a silent forest of snow-tipped firs. Aides warn you not to stray, lest you tempt the snipers positioned in the shadows around the compound. This is where Putin, 55, works. (He lives with his wife and two twentysomething daughters in another mansion deeper in the woods.) "

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/printout/0,29239,1690753_1690757_1690766,00.html#

The next Stalin or Peter the Great ?!

Developing ..........................

Shiver ..................

" Stones is Stones Ronnie !!!! "

Jacky !

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
19th December 2007 10:50 AM
gimmekeef What did that bald clown do?
19th December 2007 10:52 AM
Blowey
quote:
Joey wrote:
http://www.time.com/time/

" Person of the Year 2007 "

" Vladimir Putin : A Tsar Is Born "

" No one is born with a stare like Vladimir Putin's. The Russian President's pale blue eyes are so cool, so devoid of emotion that the stare must have begun as an affect, the gesture of someone who understood that power might be achieved by the suppression of ordinary needs, like blinking. The affect is now seamless, which makes talking to the Russian President not just exhausting but often chilling. It's a gaze that says, I'm in charge.

" This may explain why there is so little visible security at Putin's dacha, Novo-Ogarevo, the grand Russian presidential retreat set inside a birch- and fir-forested compound west of Moscow. To get there from the capital requires a 25-minute drive through the soul of modern Russia, past decrepit Soviet-era apartment blocks, the mashed-up French Tudor-villa McMansions of the new oligarchs and a shopping mall that boasts not just the routine spoils of affluence like Prada and Gucci but Lamborghinis and Ferraris too.

When you arrive at the dacha's faux-neoclassical gate, you have to leave your car and hop into one of the Kremlin's vehicles that slowly wind their way through a silent forest of snow-tipped firs. Aides warn you not to stray, lest you tempt the snipers positioned in the shadows around the compound. This is where Putin, 55, works. (He lives with his wife and two twentysomething daughters in another mansion deeper in the woods.) "

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/printout/0,29239,1690753_1690757_1690766,00.html#

The next Stalin or Peter the Great ?!

Developing ..........................

Shiver ..................

" Stones is Stones Ronnie !!!! "

Jacky !

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]

19th December 2007 11:01 AM
GotToRollMe

July 7, 2006 - 3:34PM

Russian President Vladimir Putin today said his decision to stop a small boy as he walked through the Kremlin and kiss his stomach was prompted by a desire to "touch him like a kitten".

19th December 2007 11:57 AM
Ten Thousand Motels The Russian people are OK with Putin for the most part. He stopped the oligarchs and their neocon allies in the west from grabbing all the wealth.
19th December 2007 12:25 PM
Joey

<----- BEST PUTIN YET !!!!!!!!!!
19th December 2007 01:08 PM
the good
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
The Russian people are OK with Putin for the most part. He stopped the oligarchs and their neocon allies in the west from grabbing all the wealth.

The Russian people have been tools of their state for hundreds of years. They seem to enjoy it, like some masochistic perversion.
19th December 2007 02:04 PM
Some Guy Taco Bell for lunch so I'm a putin.
19th December 2007 02:19 PM
Joey " Taco Bell for lunch so I'm a putin. "

< ---- He’ll never be another Peter the Great. His reforms are relatively conservative, Peter’s were sweeping. The big difference is perception of sweeping reforms, I think, is that Russia is skipping several decades worth of technological evolution in many areas as it plunges from the 1950’s directly into the 21st century. I think he is prudent to trickle the current technology in to avoid shocking the country, but Peter started with was essentially nothing (rural agrarian fiefdom, no real socioeconomic/bureaucratic infrastructure) and forged a national identity with the help of Europe (esp. France) and private investors.

His Stalin-like option, unfortunately, remain available. I don’t think he will, though. Stalin is generally looked back upon as both a leader that made tough decisions in a difficult time (no help from Communism, frankly) and as a draconian madman that had millions murdered due to paranoid delusions (some speculate heavy metal poisoning).

Putin will carve out his own historical niche, I think. Ultra wealthy, ultra powerful, a new dangerous breed of neo-Russian. Watch out! (I think that’s exactly how he wants everyone to see him, too.)

Oh MY !!!! .... Lil' Buddy ( Lil' Fiji ) ..... You are on FIRE Today !

Tsar Joey ! ™

19th December 2007 02:38 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
the good wrote:

The Russian people have been tools of their state for hundreds of years. They seem to enjoy it, like some masochistic perversion.

Just keep the bread and vodka flowing!
19th December 2007 02:38 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
The Russian people are OK with Putin for the most part. He stopped the oligarchs and their neocon allies in the west from grabbing all the wealth.

LOL! Gawd damned you're a foolish foolish man!

You're right TTM! Fuck the free press. Fuck civil liberties. Fuck fair trade. Fuck legal elections. Fuck any kind of constitution that protects the Russian people. None of that shit is important provided you screw the evil neocon capitalists in the West!

What a clueless putz.

Capitalism works! Just ask Algore and John Edwards! They have both made hundreds of millions in hedge funds! Evil neocons that they are! LOL!!!

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
19th December 2007 02:49 PM
gypsy
quote:
Blowey wrote:

19th December 2007 03:06 PM
Blowey
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Taco Bell for lunch so I'm a putin. "

< ---- He’ll never be another Peter the Great. His reforms are relatively conservative, Peter’s were sweeping. The big difference is perception of sweeping reforms, I think, is that Russia is skipping several decades worth of technological evolution in many areas as it plunges from the 1950’s directly into the 21st century. I think he is prudent to trickle the current technology in to avoid shocking the country, but Peter started with was essentially nothing (rural agrarian fiefdom, no real socioeconomic/bureaucratic infrastructure) and forged a national identity with the help of Europe (esp. France) and private investors.

His Stalin-like option, unfortunately, remain available. I don’t think he will, though. Stalin is generally looked back upon as both a leader that made tough decisions in a difficult time (no help from Communism, frankly) and as a draconian madman that had millions murdered due to paranoid delusions (some speculate heavy metal poisoning).

Putin will carve out his own historical niche, I think. Ultra wealthy, ultra powerful, a new dangerous breed of neo-Russian. Watch out! (I think that’s exactly how he wants everyone to see him, too.)

Oh MY !!!! .... Lil' Buddy ( Lil' Fiji ) ..... You are on FIRE Today !

Tsar Joey ! ™

I feel ya lil pal................

My poo hole just ..................... ! :

|
|
V

...please , wait for it !!!!!!

|
|
|
V

...here it comes

|
|
V

ACHES !!!!!
19th December 2007 03:08 PM
gypsy
quote:
Blowey wrote:

I feel ya lil pal................

My poo hole just ..................... ! :

|
|
V

...please , wait for it !!!!!!

|
|
|
V

...here it comes

|
|
V

ACHES !!!!!

LOTTA BONES®
19th December 2007 03:14 PM
Blowey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

LOTTA BONES®

WORD, my Princess.

Lotta Bones© Gallons of Lube™ Tons of Fur®

That's my motto!
19th December 2007 03:50 PM
glencar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Taco Bell for lunch so I'm a putin.

Best Someguy Post EVER!
19th December 2007 03:51 PM
glencar
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

LOL! Gawd damned you're a foolish foolish man!

You're right TTM! Fuck the free press. Fuck civil liberties. Fuck fair trade. Fuck legal elections. Fuck any kind of constitution that protects the Russian people. None of that shit is important provided you screw the evil neocon capitalists in the West!

What a clueless putz.

Capitalism works! Just ask Algore and John Edwards! They have both made hundreds of millions in hedge funds! Evil neocons that they are! LOL!!!

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]

The Breck Girl is now ahead in Iowa!
19th December 2007 06:39 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:

BRIGHT EYES LYRICS

"When The President Talks To God"

When the president talks to God
Are the conversations brief or long?
Does he ask to rape our women’s' rights
And send poor farm kids off to die?
Does God suggest an oil hike
When the president talks to God?

Are the consonants all hard or soft?
Is he resolute all down the line?
Is every issue black or white?
Does what God say ever change his mind

Does he fake that drawl or merely nod?
Agree which convicts should be killed?
Where prisons should be built and filled?
Which voter fraud must be concealed

I wonder which one plays the better cop
We should find some jobs. the ghetto's broke
No, they're lazy, George, I say we don't
Just give 'em more liquor stores and dirty coke
That's what God recommends

Do they drink near beer and go play golf
While they pick which countries to invade
Which Muslim souls still can be saved?
I guess god just calls a spade a spade

Does he ever think that maybe he's not?
That that voice is just inside his head
When he kneels next to the presidential bed
Does he ever smell his own bullshit

I doubt it

I doubt it ....... fade to white ( like a friggin angel ) .

19th December 2007 06:48 PM
glencar Supposedly, the Breck Girl's mistress is now PREGNANT! See Drudge.
19th December 2007 09:35 PM
the good
quote:
glencar wrote:

If Edwards or Obama get the nomination, the republicans will sail to victory. I even think they can beat Hillary without too much difficulty. The only way they are sure to lose is if they nominate Schmuckabee.
20th December 2007 12:24 AM
glencar Agree with everything above. Huckabee can't win. Neither can the other 2. Hilly's got a tough row to hoe. BTW Why hasn't that "I (Heart) Huckabees" movie made a comeback???
20th December 2007 01:09 AM
pdog i thought Hillary was polled the lowest against most the Republicans...
20th December 2007 08:59 AM
gimmekeef Dems are gonna find out too late that their best shot was Gore...I predict another squeaker with Romney edging Hillary 51-49.....
20th December 2007 09:45 AM
mojoman
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Dems are gonna find out too late that their best shot was Gore...I predict another squeaker with Romney edging Hillary 51-49.....

you just might be right
20th December 2007 10:39 AM
glencar It'll be tight either way.
20th December 2007 10:43 AM
Joey " It'll be tight either way. "

20th December 2007 10:55 AM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
i thought Hillary was polled the lowest against most the Republicans...

This won't help her cause...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12202007/news/nationalnews/hills_brother_a_deadbeat_514395.htm?page=1
20th December 2007 03:51 PM
the good
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Dems are gonna find out too late that their best shot was Gore...I predict another squeaker with Romney edging Hillary 51-49.....

Damn right. I guess he's just too busy accepting phony awards and trashing his country.
20th December 2007 04:25 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
the good wrote:

Damn right. I guess he's just too busy accepting phony awards and trashing his country.

He's a politician ..what else do you expect?....they're all sleezeballs
21st December 2007 03:03 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

He's a politician ..what else do you expect?....they're all sleezeballs

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)