ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Olympiastadion, Berlin, Germany - 21st July 2006
© with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CYHMK: '02 rehearsal bootleg video Return to archive
18th December 2007 10:29 PM
Mel Belli Had never seen this before. ... I realize it's a good idea to rehearse at low to moderate volume, but Keith and Ronnie's guitars sound more or less the same during actual gigs. To paraphrase Robert Plant, does anybody remember overdrive?!

18th December 2007 10:39 PM
Mel Belli God, I love this song, even when they butcher it. Ronnie completely killed the momentum when he switched to pedal-steel:

18th December 2007 11:34 PM
Throwaway Yeah the CYHMK of '02/'03 was missing one thing: overdrive. For some reason T&F never was quite the same live, in 72 and 02.
18th December 2007 11:44 PM
monkeyWOman8590
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
God, I love this song, even when they butcher it. Ronnie completely killed the momentum when he switched to pedal-steel:

What bothers me is that keith pulls the slack of ronnie, who instead of playing his guitar is always waving to the crowd. Keith, as you can see in the above videos, is without a doubt the hardest working musician in the stones.... but they're all awesome.
19th December 2007 01:44 AM
IanBillen
I seen CYHMN in Cleveland in 02 and it was a show highlight and convinced me that The Stones were playing tighter that night than any other show I had seen them starting in 1981 just as a boy.

It was my fav of the night and Ronnie was fucking hot on that number I can vividly remember.

Torn and Frayed,... Ahhhh how I love Exile. What a song, what an album, what a masterpeice.

Never have The Stones (or any band) poured so much "raw" and "real" soulful music into a release.

Blues, County, Gospel, Blue Grass, and Rock and Roll all intertwined more seemlessly and efforlessly than any other effort in music history. Yet it has a sad almost tragic but churning on feeling which is so real that it conveys this into something that is actually beautiful.

No other album has ever made me feel this way.

Ian
19th December 2007 06:12 AM
corgi37 Exile is THE album made by THE band.

Nothing has ever come close to touching its majesty.
20th December 2007 10:57 AM
Mr Jurkka
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
God, I love this song, even when they butcher it. Ronnie completely killed the momentum when he switched to pedal-steel:

What are you complaining.. This version is better than the album has. And this was first gig they had on this tour? OF course it doesnt sound the best.
20th December 2007 10:58 AM
Mr Jurkka
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
Yeah the CYHMK of '02/'03 was missing one thing: overdrive. For some reason T&F never was quite the same live, in 72 and 02.

Well of course its not same any more! Its 30 years ago. People and sounds change.
20th December 2007 10:59 AM
glencar I believe it was a practice session...Opening night in Beantown was the first live concert playing...
20th December 2007 08:30 PM
72Tele Got to love that 57' Strat.
21st December 2007 07:27 PM
fireontheplatter great videos

thank you mel belli for posting them

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)