ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones on DVD etc. Return to archive
01-07-04 02:03 PM
celtic stone Hi,

I was thinking of buying these stones shows on dvd

Hampton "81

Double Door

Aux Abbtoirs, Paris 76

Salut Edmonton 97

Halloween 1994 31/10/94

and was wondering what the sound and picture quality is like on these in general. Also what the performances are like. If you have any of these I'd really appreciate opinion.
Also anybody here know where to find Stones cd's on the net at a fairly reasonable price.

Cheers!!!
[Edited by celtic stone]
01-07-04 03:21 PM
glencar Also anybody here know where to find Stones cd's on the net at a fairly reasonable price.

Amazon.com for new ones. Half.com has used ones.
01-08-04 07:04 AM
Jumping Jack There are plenty of DVD traders out there where you can get them for free. Check the common Stones boards including Shidobee and the Yahoo Stones Boots group. Edmonton is an audience recording that is the weakest of the ones you listed.

The ones you should look for as a minimum:

60s - Ed Sullivan
Gimme Shelter
Hyde Park
Ladies & Gentlemen
LA 75
JT Ft W 78 Deluxe
LSTNT
Hampton 81
Atlantic City 89
IMAX
Giants 94
Tokyo 95
St L 97
Bremen 98
Hartford 99
FUC 2002
HBO 2003
Bangalore 2003
01-08-04 07:40 AM
exilestones@netscape Actually there was a pro shot video of Edmonton 1997 around and a soundboard CD called CANADA DRY. It was a one camera shoot from the back and the sound was good with glitches. There were mature versions of Crazy Mama, Sister Morphine and 19th on it. Not great quality but worth having.
01-08-04 09:47 AM
Jumping Jack That's the same one I am talking about. A one camera shoot from the back of a stadium is not pro-shot in my opinion.