ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: STONES TO PLAY GIBRALTAR Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-08-04 01:36 PM
Dan Why would they even have to rehearse a few weeks? If its part of a festival they could do a shortened set of just the hits and as far as I can tell, most of the warhorses are barely rehearsed prior to a tour, if at all. Its quite common for a long established band to hit the road after two rehearsals - a one off gig like this wouldn't require the band running thru 75-100 songs. Basically pick a setlist and run thru it twice, use generic stage and lights provided the promotor and its on!
01-08-04 03:37 PM
Gazza Doxa wrote>Well, I suppose to salud 300 years old British rule in Spanish mainland would not be so great for many Spaniards.. Where next, Belfast? But let the Knight ride and give honour to Great British Empire!!

Unlike you, I actually live in Belfast and like most people here consider myself British. You clearly havent a fucking clue what youre talking about by using that as a comparison. Go and stick your ill-informed, know nothing opinions up your ass.

[Edited by Gazza]
01-08-04 04:02 PM
Joey

I am now so excited that I am typing with my nipples .

Jacky !
01-09-04 04:34 AM
Doxa Gazza, I am sorry. It wasn't a fair comparision and I regret mentioning it. I didn't mean to give any political opinion at all - it was supposed to be an ironic remark, but I failed. I should have known better. I am really sorry that I offend you or anyone else. Fool me.

Doxa
01-09-04 08:45 AM
Monkey Woman Gibraltar and N. Ireland have one thing in common, though: it's controversial ground...
01-09-04 08:54 AM
SHINE A LIGHT MW, perhaps they want to erase their "respectable" image of late (sir person) and return to causing a stir?????
01-09-04 12:00 PM
caro Some more info from IORR:

quote:
Roadster32 wrote:
Official email-response from the Gibraltar Tourist Board:

Dear Ms...........
>
> I'm afraid that the information you have is incorrect. A fictitious
> article was published in a Spanish newspaper about this on a day in Spain
> called "El dia de los Inocentes" which is the equivalent of the UK's April
> Fools Day where jokes are carried out.
>
> So I'm sorry to disappoint you but the Stones will not be playing in
> Gibraltar this year.
>
> Regards
>
> Nick Guerrero
> Gibraltar Tourist Board

Captain Jack Sparrow, another poster on IORR, mailed to the "event organisers" (I'm not sure whom he means) and got the same answer.
01-09-04 01:11 PM
Gazza >Gazza, I am sorry. It wasn't a fair comparision and I regret mentioning it. I didn't mean to give any political opinion at all - it was supposed to be an ironic remark, but I failed. I should have known better. I am really sorry that I offend you or anyone else. Fool me.

OK..thanks for having the decency to apologise and as it was meant as an ironic remark,then thats fair enough. I guess the way it was expressed sounded otherwise! Its easily "lost in the translation". Cheers.
Page: 1 2