ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hatfield's Death Said Caused by Cocaine (NSC) Return to archive
01-06-04 11:40 AM
Martha
Entertainment �
01/06/2004��10:49:01�EST

Hatfield's Death Said Caused by Cocaine

Righteous Brothers singer Bobby Hatfield's death in November was caused by cocaine and not just heart failure, according to the official autopsy report.

Dr. Richard Tooker, chief medical examiner for Kalamazoo County, told the Kalamazoo Gazette in Tuesday's editions that Hatfield's death was triggered by acute cocaine intoxication.

Hatfield, 63, died Nov. 5 just hours before a Righteous Brothers concert. He and his partner, Bill Medley, had hits like "Unchained Melody," and "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling."

"This is a shock to me," Medley told The Orange County (Calif.) Register from his Newport Beach, Calif., home. "I never saw him (use cocaine). I knew absolutely nothing about it. If I had known, I would have said something to him."

An initial autopsy found Hatfield had advanced coronary disease. A heart attack due to the disease was listed on Hatfield's death certificate.

However, Tooker said a final cause of death was not determined until after toxicology reports were completed. The death certificate will be changed to reflect cocaine as the cause of death, he said.

Tooker's office received the report of cocaine intoxication on Dec. 24, but he asked for the information to be released after the holidays out of respect to Hatfield's family.

Messages left Tuesday with Tooker and the William Morris Agency, which represents the Righteous Brothers, were not returned.

Copyright 2004 Associated Press.
01-07-04 12:53 AM
Taptrick "This is a shock to me (sniffffff)," Medley told The Orange County (Calif.) Register from his Newport Beach, Calif., home. "I never saw him (use cocaine)(snifffffff). I knew absolutely (sniffffffff)nothing about it. If I had known (snifffffff), I would have said something to him. I mean I've known the guy all my life andnotadaygoesby I don't think abouthimandrelate the events of his life (sniff) to (sniff) mine it was just yesterday iwasplayingthatsongyou'velostthatlovingfeelingand i was thinking how (sniff)..." [done in jest - not an actual quote]
01-07-04 02:32 AM
UGot2Rollme cocaine is the devil's dandruff
01-07-04 06:47 AM
glencar He's lost that lovin' feeling.
01-07-04 02:54 PM
Gazza dont you mean "living" feeling?

(sorry - bad taste I know. He was a great singer, but you left that one open for me.)
01-07-04 03:07 PM
glencar That's me - the batting practice pitcher...
01-07-04 03:52 PM
Prodigal Son Exactly the same thing happened to John Entwistle. The symptoms of being old, life-long smoker and taking a little bit of cocaine are what caused his heart attack and the same thing happened to Hatfield. A song he'll be singing in the after life;
"Snorting Coke Stopped My Heart's Palpatations"
Of course a take-off of "You're My Soul and (My Heart's) Inspiration."