ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Questions Return to archive
01-06-04 06:28 AM
JumpingKentFlash I dreamed up some questions that I need an answer for.
Here we go:

1. - What's the name of the M�nich '03 boots?
2. - What's the names of the best boots from '02-'03?
3. - First time you see The Stones playing Out of Control in "Tip of the Tongue". Where is that from? It looks cool. (Is it the same place as where Mick breaks out of a cage)?
4. - Anyone know if there's a DVD/VHS of the Palais Royale show available? Where?
5. - Whos' the guy in the bootleg section and "Tip of the Tongue" on FF, whose face is blurred?
6. - Anyone have an e-mail address for the Stones' office/Rolling Stones Records/The ones who produce the tours/Any of the Stones?

Thanks for the answers.
01-06-04 09:05 AM
SHINE A LIGHT #4. so far, it's only available as a boot......will be out "officially" by the stones'people.....when??????

#10. i have the address/e-mail etc. but, sorry it's not for publication.
01-06-04 12:44 PM
fna69 the OOC performance is from the MTV concert that aired in 97. it was a mini show that was performed at a club in Port Chester.
[Edited by fna69]
01-08-04 07:45 AM
exilestones@netscape I got a great Palis Rpyale from [email protected] write to him. I don't have a dvd recorder so I cannot make copies.
01-08-04 08:51 AM
Phog Out Of Control is from the very early part of the No Security tour. They dropped the cage after the first 4-5 shows. It's not from Port Chester.
01-08-04 11:16 AM
egon
quote:
Phog wrote:
They dropped the cage after the first 4-5 shows.

no biggie, but do you know why?
01-08-04 11:43 AM
Phog I would assume it was a safety issue. Didn't the cage get hung-up on it's descent at one show?
01-08-04 12:41 PM
erikjjf
quote:
Phog wrote:
It's not from Port Chester.

I'd look again.
/Erik
01-08-04 12:59 PM
CS 1. - What's the name of the M�nich '03 boots?

"Nearness of You" with the shows on June 4, 6, and 8 by Vinyl Gang (VGP-343)

2. - What's the names of the best boots from '02-'03?

All club shows

3. - First time you see The Stones playing Out of Control in "Tip of the Tongue". Where is that from? It looks cool. (Is it the same place as where Mick breaks out of a cage)?

I think is from the first shows of the No Security show, maybe Oakland

4. - Anyone know if there's a DVD/VHS of the Palais Royale show available? Where?

Only as a bootleg

5. - Whos' the guy in the bootleg section and "Tip of the Tongue" on FF, whose face is blurred?

No idea

6. - Anyone have an e-mail address for the Stones' office/Rolling Stones Records/The ones who produce the tours/Any of the Stones

Contact their agency they will response only if you're a producer, not a fan
01-08-04 08:28 PM
Phog Erik, the cage was a prop used in the Oakland, Sacramento #1, Denver, and maybe Salt Lake City shows in 1999. The Port Chester show was a straight-forward, no-frills theater show.
01-09-04 12:16 AM
erikjjf You are right about the cage. When Mick and Charlie are talking with designers Mark Fischer and Patrick Woodruffe you see the Out Of Control cage from a NS arena show.

I was thinking about the part from the press conference, when says "we're going to do a stadium show..." (footage from Tempe, AZ or some other stadium show in 1997), "...an arena show..." (footage from a No Security 1999 show) "...and a theatre show" (Out Of Control being played at the Port Chester show in 1997).
/Erik